Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

A new Madden NFL 16 roster update has just arrived, check out the blog here and the sortable spreadsheet of all changes here.

GOING UP
  • Peyton Manning +1 (86)
  • Rob Ninkovich +3 (84)
  • Akiem Hicks +3 (84)
  • Kawann Short +2 (95)
  • Khalil Mack +1 (96)
  • William Hayes +3 (92)
  • Malcolm Butler +2 (85)
GOING DOWN
  • Carson Palmer -1 (97)
  • Devin McCourty -2 (92)
  • Thomas Davis -2 (89)
  • Charles Woodson -2 (89)
  • Jerod Mayo -3 (83)
  • Courtland Finnegan -2 (79)
  • Owen Daniels -1 (83)

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Cavicchi @ 01/23/16 06:22 PM
MLB Bobby Wagner's solo tackle total is 67 for the season. MLB Buchanan of Cards has 93 solo tackles. So who has the higher tackle rating? Wagner with 92 and Buchanan with 82. HP is another interesting statistic between the two, Wagner rated 95 and Buchanan 92. However, Buchanan has more FF 3-2. Sacks: Wagner 0.5 and Buchanan 3. Interceptions: Wagner 0 and Buchanan 1. Yet, Buchanan is rated a low 78 OVL. I fail to see a point of roster updates when players are not updated correctly.

# 2 camo @ 01/23/16 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
MLB Bobby Wagner's solo tackle total is 67 for the season. MLB Buchanan of Cards has 93 solo tackles. So who has the higher tackle rating? Wagner with 92 and Buchanan with 82. HP is another interesting statistic between the two, Wagner rated 95 and Buchanan 92. However, Buchanan has more FF 3-2. Sacks: Wagner 0.5 and Buchanan 3. Interceptions: Wagner 0 and Buchanan 1. Yet, Buchanan is rated a low 78 OVL. I fail to see a point of roster updates when players are not updated correctly.
Updates have literally nothing to do with stats, especially at this point in the season, the updates after the season ends are just to pump up the playoff teams. The first update of the season is usually the best as teams aren't all pumped up to generate a good record.

Check out My Edmonton Oilers Dynasty

# 3 iBlievN5 @ 01/23/16 10:43 PM
Quote:
Using stats to rate players is ridiculous. Especially when comparing two players that perform nothing alike. And stats that aren't that far off either, one more FF/INT? Come on.

# 4 Cavicchi @ 01/24/16 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBlievN5
Using stats to rate players is ridiculous. Especially when comparing two players that perform nothing alike. And stats that aren't that far off either, one more FF/INT? Come on.
Tackles, solo tackles is quite a difference--and they are both MLBs.

How else are you going to compare tackle rating? Buchanan has 93 solo tackles to Wagner's 67. Wagner has a tackle rating of 92 and Buchanan has 82.

# 5 iBlievN5 @ 01/24/16 11:35 PM
Quote:
Tackles, solo tackles is quite a difference--and they are both MLBs.

How else are you going to compare tackle rating? Buchanan has 93 solo tackles to Wagner's 67. Wagner has a tackle rating of 92 and Buchanan has 82.
by doing what the current guy does and using sites like PFF in conjunction with personal film study to rate player performance. And the tackle rating is more for the surety of the tackle than getting to the ball carrier, if Buchanan makes 93 tackles but missed 20 then he doesn't deserve a high rating in tackle.

# 6 Cavicchi @ 01/25/16 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBlievN5
by doing what the current guy does and using sites like PFF in conjunction with personal film study to rate player performance. And the tackle rating is more for the surety of the tackle than getting to the ball carrier, if Buchanan makes 93 tackles but missed 20 then he doesn't deserve a high rating in tackle.
We are talking about ratings for this game? 93 solo tackles says more than 67 solo tackles for how they rate any game.

# 7 Mattanite @ 01/26/16 08:40 AM
One thing I have noticed over the last few weeks is that there has been dramatic changes to the player ratings that looks like a rebalancing of the rosters. However, there is never a mention of the rebalancing for the existing free agent pool so that when you create a new CFM there are certain positions with more highly rated free agents, e.g. FB or P especially!

# 8 richrolla @ 01/26/16 09:57 AM
Quote:
We are talking about ratings for this game? 93 solo tackles says more than 67 solo tackles for how they rate any game.

I think the concept is not getting through. Solo tackles are only an indicator of opportunity. Like someone else noted if the Cardinals player makes tackles 67 out of 70 times, he's probably better at tackling than a guy who had 97 and missed 20.

It is not a good description of skill, which is what the ratings are supposed to represent.

# 9 Cavicchi @ 01/26/16 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by richrolla
I think the concept is not getting through. Solo tackles are only an indicator of opportunity. Like someone else noted if the Cardinals player makes tackles 67 out of 70 times, he's probably better at tackling than a guy who had 97 and missed 20.

It is not a good description of skill, which is what the ratings are supposed to represent.
Go ahead and prove Wagner's 67 solo tackles justifies a higher tackle rating than Buchanan who had 93 solo tackles this season.

# 10 antdroid @ 01/26/16 10:36 AM
Wagner has 114 total tackles. Sure 67 are solo but he's always involved in tackles in a defensive scheme where everyone pursues the ball carrier. The majority of the tackles the seahawks get are gang tackles.

Look at the team's defensive stats as a whole. If you scroll through, you'll see that Wagner and KJ led the hawks but only had 71 and 67 SOLO tackles each yet both had 117 and 114 total tackles. Even more so, almost every player has about 30-40% of their tackles in combined tackles. Arizona's team stats are the complete opposite. The majority of each player's tackles are individual.

I'm not saying that Arizona's defense is bad or anything, but the Seahawks have had statistically the best defense in the league in most major categories the past 4 years and Wagner is in my opinion the biggest reason why.

That said, they are both great players and they probably do different things in different schemes but you can't just say solo tackles make a player better or not.

# 11 Cavicchi @ 01/26/16 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by minotauri
Wagner has 114 total tackles. Sure 67 are solo but he's always involved in tackles in a defensive scheme where everyone pursues the ball carrier. The majority of the tackles the seahawks get are gang tackles.

Look at the team's defensive stats as a whole. If you scroll through, you'll see that Wagner and KJ led the hawks but only had 71 and 67 SOLO tackles each yet both had 117 and 114 total tackles. Even more so, almost every player has about 30-40% of their tackles in combined tackles. Arizona's team stats are the complete opposite. The majority of each player's tackles are individual.

I'm not saying that Arizona's defense is bad or anything, but the Seahawks have had statistically the best defense in the league in most major categories the past 4 years and Wagner is in my opinion the biggest reason why.

That said, they are both great players and they probably do different things in different schemes but you can't just say solo tackles make a player better or not.
I consider solo tackles a good indicator of Tackle ability. That said, I don't see where Wagner should have a tackle rating of at least 10 points higher than Buchanan. Buchanan is faster than Wagner and excellent at tackling. You can look up Buchanan's Bio and see what he did in College as a safety.

I have watched Arizona games and I've watched Seahawk games, and I don't see Wagner's tackle ability 10 points higher than Buchanan. I don't see Wagner's tackle ability higher than Buchanan period. The only reason Buchanan gets the short end in this game is because he is rated Normal Development--and in this game, Development means an awful lot. In my opinion, Buchanan is way underrated in both tackle rating and Development.

Buchanan even has more sacks than Wagner: 3 to 0.5--which is amazing since he is a safety playing MLB.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.