Home
EA Sports UFC 2 News Post

For those of you lucky enough to download the EA Sports UFC 2 beta, get in a few fights and post your impressions!

FYI, for those that are asking, registration is closed for the beta.

Game: EA Sports UFC 2Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
EA Sports UFC 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 461 aholbert32 @ 02/12/16 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
How's the overall presentation of this series?
Do you notice a difference when fighting as rookie compared to when you're going for the belt?
How about the commentary?
How's the Career Mode immersion? Does it feel like you're part of a greater universe?
Are there updates on what's going on elsewhere in the UFC?
And can you control more than one fighter in the same career mode?
(You could control 2 fighters at once in Evander Holyfield boxing. I loved that. I'd always have the careers separated by approximately 20 fights so while one's career is winding down, another is just starting up).
Career mode details havent been released so I cant speak on that.

# 462 Money99 @ 02/12/16 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Career mode details havent been released so I cant speak on that.
How was it in UFC 1? And can you indicate whether this mode was provided a big upgrade?

# 463 kingsofthevalley @ 02/13/16 06:20 AM
Wonder why some people still have access to offline and some don't?

# 464 Pappy Knuckles @ 02/15/16 07:04 AM
It's going to be interesting to see how the A.I. looks in retail. In UFC 1, I played on the hardest difficulty exclusively. I won most of my matches, but they were made artificially tougher than they should of been due to the ridiculous about of parries that they CPU pulled off.

I've been running nothing but sparring sessions on the Beta since online ended and I'm destroying the CPU on the feet in most of my fights now. On the ground they make things interesting because I'm still not that great there, but they don't seem to try to land very many strikes at all. I hope the game is well balanced. I want to be challenged, but fairly challenged.

# 465 aholbert32 @ 02/15/16 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
It's going to be interesting to see how the A.I. looks in retail. In UFC 1, I played on the hardest difficulty exclusively. I won most of my matches, but they were made artificially tougher than they should of been due to the ridiculous about of parries that they CPU pulled off.

I've been running nothing but sparring sessions on the Beta since online ended and I'm destroying the CPU on the feet in most of my fights now. On the ground they make things interesting because I'm still not that great there, but they don't seem to try to land very many strikes at all. I hope the game is well balanced. I want to be challenged, but fairly challenged.
I think you will be happy with what they did at retail. I cant go into detail but it will be less parry heavy.

Also my take from the beta is the AI's aggressiveness is partially based on who you are fighting. For example when fighting Wonderboy, it seems as if he pushes the pace more than somebody like Hughes.

# 466 davidbix @ 02/16/16 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I think you will be happy with what they did at retail. I cant go into detail but it will be less parry heavy.

Also my take from the beta is the AI's aggressiveness is partially based on who you are fighting. For example when fighting Wonderboy, it seems as if he pushes the pace more than somebody like Hughes.
Were you able to find out which difficulty setting the sparring is set to? Or is it controlled via a global difficulty setting that I missed?

# 467 aholbert32 @ 02/16/16 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbix
Were you able to find out which difficulty setting the sparring is set to? Or is it controlled via a global difficulty setting that I missed?
I havent confirmed that. I'll ask.

# 468 Motown @ 02/19/16 03:48 PM
Can I ask a couple questions pertaining to KO Mode? 1: is stamina in & is there play by play. thanks.

# 469 aholbert32 @ 02/19/16 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown
Can I ask a couple questions pertaining to KO Mode? 1: is stamina in & is there play by play. thanks.
I actually dont know the answer to either of those questions. I believe the answer is yes to #1 but its been 3 mos since I played the mode so I dont remember. I recall me trying to spam someone in October and I gassed out so I'm confident its yes.

I havent played KO mode with the sound on so I'm not sure if there is play by play. I think I would prefer if there wasnt because the fights are so short.

# 470 Pappy Knuckles @ 02/29/16 09:18 PM
I've been playing this beta all this time and just figured out that you have to hold the modifier to make your guy make those big movements from side to side. I was wondering why the range of motion was so small. I can get my Dominick Cruz on now.

# 471 Miller1121 @ 03/03/16 07:33 PM
I cant stop playing the beta but I really want to. I want to get the game and have it feel fresh, but that's hard if I already have tons of hours on the beta. Always a struggle.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.