Home
WWE 2K16 News Post

A new multi-year exclusive agreement has been reached between 2K and WWE. The agreement grants 2K the worldwide rights to develop and publish WWE video game properties across all major platforms and distribution channels.

Read the press release below.

2K and WWE announced that the companies have extended their partnership with a new multi-year exclusive agreement granting 2K the worldwide rights to develop and publish WWE video game properties across all major platforms and distribution channels. WWE® 2K, the simulation-based flagship series developed by 2K’s Visual Concepts studio and Yuke’s, will continue a successful 18-year tradition established by past WWE titles, including the recently released WWE® 2K16. In addition, 2K will continue to invest in WWE® SuperCard, the breakout hit card-battling game developed by its Cat Daddy Games studio, which has been downloaded more than nine million times since its initial release. Financial terms of the new agreement were not disclosed.

“2K’s partnership with WWE over the past three years has resulted in a successful and important addition to the Company’s portfolio of profitable franchises,” said David Ismailer, Chief Operating Officer for 2K. “We are thrilled with the positive momentum of the WWE 2K series, including generating year-over-year growth, as well as the success of WWE SuperCard. We are very pleased to extend our partnership with WWE and look forward to many more years of collaboration.”

“2K’s leadership in authenticity, quality and overall brand dedication has been a perfect complement for WWE,” said Casey Collins, WWE Executive Vice President, Consumer Products. “Our continued partnership ensures WWE remains at the forefront of global video game brands as we continue innovating and publishing our offerings on multiple platforms.”

Source - Business Wire

Game: WWE 2K16Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 3 - View All
WWE 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 jaredsmith83 @ 01/29/16 07:29 AM
I hope at some point they are able to work out the glitches that seem to hound this game. I have a love/hate relationship with it. I absolutely love the things they get right, such as this year's creation suites, the roster (for the most part, the diva omission was just bad) and honestly I enjoy the showcases. But their servers are still just bad, it seems like every time they release a patch, it triggers another bug so they're doing the drunken dance and the career mode, while enjoyable, just falls flat. I know its still early for them so that's why I'm not writing them off. I still enjoy the game and play it regularly, but its one of those games that can be so much better if they work out the kinks.

# 2 victorkingchamp @ 01/29/16 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredsmith83
I hope at some point they are able to work out the glitches that seem to hound this game. I have a love/hate relationship with it. I absolutely love the things they get right, such as this year's creation suites, the roster (for the most part, the diva omission was just bad) and honestly I enjoy the showcases. But their servers are still just bad, it seems like every time they release a patch, it triggers another bug so they're doing the drunken dance and the career mode, while enjoyable, just falls flat. I know its still early for them so that's why I'm not writing them off. I still enjoy the game and play it regularly, but its one of those games that can be so much better if they work out the kinks.
I think 2K did a great job with WWE2K16. I'm all about gameplay and this year has the best in the series IMO.

Things I love about 2k16:
-Much improved A.I.
-The addition of the Reversal Meter.
-Restholds
-Tons of new animations
-The ability to import face photos for created wrestlers
-The creation suite overall
-Dynamic personality traits for wrestlers in Career and Universe mode
-5 star match rating system in Universe
-Better graphics and presentation overall
-100 Create a wrestler slots

Things I hope they improve:
-Community Creations servers
-Please allow us to assign managers in Universe Mode
-Fix some of the remaining animation glitches
-Continue to improve the load times in Create a wrestler(i'm aware of the part preview option)
-Add more storyline options to Universe
-Add the ability to create factions in Career mode
-Give us to set the career mode roster like in HCTP, (with the ability to add created wrestlers)
-Allow us to use Divas in Career mode.

Just my thoughts as someone that owns every game in the series (except SVR08 smh).
Overall i'm pleased with the direction 2K has taken the series in, and I look forward to what they have planned for the future.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.