Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

EA Sports and the Madden team have simulated the Super Bowl winner 9 out of the last 12 years. Check out the latest Madden NFL 16 video simulating Super Bowl 50 and let us know who you think wins the big game.

Here are some of the stats from the simulation.

Cam Newton - 19/26, 216 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT (Super Bowl MVP)
Jonathan Stewart - 47 rushing yards, 1 TD
Greg Olsen - 79 receiving yards, 1 TD
Josh Norman - 6 tackles, 1 INT

Peyton Manning - 21/37, 241 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT
Demaryius Thomas - 6 catches, 98 yards, 1 TD
Emanuel Sanders - 5 catches, 65 yards, 1 TD
Aqib Talib - 5 tackles, 1 INT

Read the full press release below.

Today Electronic Arts Inc., officially unveiled the Madden NFL 16 Super Bowl prediction, which has tabbed the Carolina Panthers as the next world champions, defeating the Denver Broncos 24 – 20. For the first time ever, fans can get in on the action for themselves by heading over to the Madden NFL 16 Super Bowl Prediction Hub and create their own outcome based on a variety of factors. Fans can then share their dream Super Bowl 50 outcome with the hashtag #MyMaddenPrediction.

Carolina set the tone early in Super Bowl 50, jumping out to a 10 – 0 lead on the strength of a huge kick return by Ted Ginn Jr., which Cam Newton finished off with a touchdown pass to Greg Olsen. The Panthers added a field goal to close the quarter, and then scored again in the 2nd on a Jonathan Stewart rushing touchdown.

Facing a 17-point deficit at halftime, Peyton Manning decided he wasn’t going to let his Super Bowl legacy be defined by two blowout losses and rallied the Denver offense. The consummate playmaker, Manning began dissecting the Carolina defense, capping off a 3rd quarter drive with a touchdown toss to Emanuel Sanders. Denver’s defense also responded, with Aqib Talib picking off Cam Newton and setting up a Broncos field goal. Denver continued their scoring explosion, adding another filed goal and pulling to within 17 – 13.

Denver kept the momentum rolling in the 4th, with Manning finding Demaryius Thomas for another touchdown, putting Denver up 20 – 17. Cam Newton wasn’t done writing his own Super Bowl legend though, putting the team on his back and scoring a game-winning touchdown with a determined goal line scramble. After a wild and emotional game the Panthers stood victorious, claiming Super Bowl 50 by a score of 24 – 20.

After a thrilling contest, Cam Newton claimed the Super Bowl MVP Award, completing 19 of 26 passes for 216 yards with one touchdown and one interception. Jonathan Stewart added a touchdown of his own on 47 rushing yards, with Greg Olsen tallying 79 receiving yards and catching Newton’s only TD pass. On the defensive side, Josh Norman led the Panthers with 6 tackles and one interception.

Across the field, Peyton Manning completed 21 of 37 passes for Denver, tallying 241 yards, two touchdowns and one interception. Demaryius Thomas was Manning’s favorite target, hauling in six receptions for 98 yards, and one touchdown. Emanuel Sanders claimed Denver’s other touchdown, alongside 65 yards on five catches. Aqib Talib provided the biggest impact for Denver’s defense, with five tackles and one interception.

The Madden NFL Super Bowl prediction is one of the most accurate and widely-celebrated in the world, correctly calling nine of the last twelve championships. Last year’s prediction not only correctly forecast the final score, but also accurately called that Tom Brady would win the Super Bowl MVP award, that New England would overcome a 10-point 3rd quarter deficit and that Julian Edelman would score the deciding touchdown. The prediction also called for Edelman to finish the game with eight catches for 106 yards, he actually ended up with nine catches for 109.

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 LeBron_On_Mars @ 02/01/16 10:55 AM
Clearly EA depicted Panthers to win by a Cam Newton diving TD, because he'll be the cover athlete for 17.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 2 roadman @ 02/01/16 10:58 AM
Similar to how Elway beat the Packers.

Terrible, terrible memory.

# 3 mjavon @ 02/01/16 11:20 AM
Panthers 27-16

# 4 DBMcGee3 @ 02/01/16 11:25 AM
I could see Carolina's defense scoring more than Denver's offense. 31-13 Panfaz.

# 5 kehlis @ 02/01/16 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Similar to how Elway beat the Packers.

Terrible, terrible memory.

Depends who you ask

# 6 azdawgpound @ 02/01/16 04:24 PM
I see this going the way the panthers beat the cards 49-15... The broncos have a good defense but there offense is lacking and Manning has struggled.

Newton has both good defense and offense and could get ugly just like cards game.

# 7 TheShizNo1 @ 02/01/16 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbmolina
This game looks horrible, so robotic and stiff.
This isn't the thread for comments like these as it has nothing to do with the simulation of the superbowl and looks more like trolling.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

# 8 NDAlum @ 02/01/16 05:49 PM
This has zero appearance of a simulation! It was scripted lol

# 9 alexthegreatmc @ 02/01/16 09:14 PM
If they truly let the game play out, where'd they get Newton's voiceover?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

# 10 roadman @ 02/01/16 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexthegreatmc
If they truly let the game play out, where'd they get Newton's voiceover?

They worked with him before the game was released. You can hear his voice during the intro before you enter Madden

# 11 MAGboyswifT27 @ 02/02/16 01:26 AM
Carolina has been awesome all year.. But I'm going with my underdog Broncos, no one is giving us a chance, and that's how we like it. I'm looking forward to a good game this weekend with hopefully a 3rd ring.
Go Broncos!!!

# 12 Yuss @ 02/02/16 10:20 AM
I think it will be a Panthers blow out

# 13 Brian3113 @ 02/02/16 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGboyswifT27
Carolina has been awesome all year.. But I'm going with my underdog Broncos, no one is giving us a chance, and that's how we like it. I'm looking forward to a good game this weekend with hopefully a 3rd ring.
Go Broncos!!!
Unfortunately, I think you are in store for a Super Bowl XLVIII repeat. Carolina is pretty much Seattle of two years ago. Granted, Denver's Defense is better, but their offense is nowhere near what it was two years ago. Carolina's Defense might not be quite as dominant as Seattle was two years ago, but it's close and their offense is a bit better than Seattle's offense was two years ago. I can see Carolina winning by 21+.

# 14 alexthegreatmc @ 02/02/16 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
They worked with him before the game was released. You can hear his voice during the intro before you enter Madden
I must've forgot

# 15 Yuss @ 02/07/16 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuss
I think it will be a Panthers blow out
And I was wrong terribly wrong.

Congrats to Broncos fans

# 16 stp2081 @ 02/07/16 10:57 PM
I LOL'd at the timeout at 1:01

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.