Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

Sony San Diego is Twitch streaming MLB The Show 16 right now, as the team goes over the Showtime and Road to the Show modes.

Watch the stream here. For those of you that miss it, we will update this post with the archive.

UPDATE: The stream has completed, watch the archive here (it starts at roughly the 16:35 mark).

Some notes:
  • 20-80 scale confirmed in Franchise mode
  • You CAN turn the Showtime feature on/off
  • New running styles are normal, lumbering, speedster and athletic
  • Over 600 new animations added, 100's more a dive specific
  • While running bases, hold L1 for a zoomed in view, L2 for a medium view
  • Oakley, EvoShield, and All Star are the new equipment brands
  • New Balance not in this year, maybe next year
  • No tattoos or face scanning in RTTS
  • You can view team uniforms in player editor

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Knight165 @ 02/04/16 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
Interesting in the Edit Player Screen, the 3rd category is Personality.... Wonder what that could mean other than the type of running style
Was wondering that myself.
I hope it's more of something that relates to team chemistry and FA signings...etc.

Grrr....at having to get used to a new editor.....I could use the old one in my sleep!

M.K.
Knight165

# 82 JDiaz1 @ 02/04/16 08:48 PM
Just wanted to say thank you to Ramone and the rest of the devs. It is clear that you guys clearly love baseball and want to put the best possible product out there for us. It is also great that you guys do weekly streams that show us what the game will be like, they show us just how personable you guys are. MLB The Show really is unique in my opinion, just not in the game but also how easy it is for us to communicate with the devs. Thanks again guys for the hard work you put into the game.

# 83 videobastard @ 02/04/16 08:57 PM
Seeing that its the same commentary again, can this series try to get gary thorne for mlb the show 17. Every year im hoping for new commentary for this series and continue to be disappointed.

# 84 agentlaw13 @ 02/04/16 08:57 PM
Noticed the speed rating in the runner's icon as the runners advanced bases. Pretty cool on the fly info. Like it

# 85 Dynasty Legend 99 @ 02/04/16 09:09 PM
Joe Mauer was traded in exchange for Wade Miley during the Stream. Not a bad trade but don't think it would happen. However I'm sure they haven't even fine tuned that for release yet. Loving most everything that I am seeing in-stream

# 86 HozAndMoose @ 02/04/16 09:23 PM

# 87 Scott @ 02/04/16 09:34 PM
One thing that stuck out to me is that the Frisco RoughRiders still have the old logo? Ramone, has that been corrected?

# 88 lalblc @ 02/04/16 09:35 PM
Nothing new with stat tracking again i guess.

# 89 Spokker @ 02/04/16 09:43 PM
Ramone teased PBR on Twitter.

Here's a comparison shot from 15.

# 90 Scott @ 02/04/16 09:44 PM
Haha...wow.

# 91 HypoLuxa13 @ 02/04/16 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokker

oh, ****!

That looks outstanding! Hope they can pull it off and still keep frame rates up and such.

# 92 jb12780 @ 02/04/16 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MythicalGnome
PBR is the ****.
I know Pabst Blue Ribbon is good right?!

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

# 93 Spokker @ 02/04/16 09:56 PM
Quote:
PBR is the ****.
It's the reason why next-gen games like Star Wars: Battlefront look so good. In my opinion, PBR combined with higher resolution textures is what separates the Xbox 360/PS3 generation from the Xbox One/PS4 generation in terms of graphics.

Not saying that The Show is guaranteed to look as good as Battlefront, and maybe PBR won't be utilized in every facet of the game (like minor league stadiums), but I think it will make for a huge improvement.

# 94 redsox4evur @ 02/04/16 09:58 PM
Quote:
PBR is the ****.
Yep Pro Bull Riding is the best sport around. Nothing can top it.

# 95 HealyMonster @ 02/04/16 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Serious question? Do you enjoy playing this game? lol I don't think I've seen you say one positive thing about the game...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
You should sell it.
Right away.

M.K.
Knight165
I see the show social justice warriors are out in full force.

How bout you let people have their own opinions.

# 96 tnixen @ 02/04/16 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
oh, ****!

That looks outstanding! Hope they can pull it off and still keep frame rates up and such.
WOW that is a night and day difference!

I did not realize PBR will make the game look that much better. Seriously if Sony can add PBR to every part of the game including the grass and dirt MLB The Show 16 might look more like a PS5 game then a PS4 game lol

No joke those rocks look so real!!!

Could PBR even make the sky look better?

# 97 Factzzz @ 02/04/16 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokker

That is crazy, 15 looks unbelievably bad compared to that. If this is seriously how the stadiums are gonna look this year, then this game is going to look crazy.

All they need to do is work on player models for MLB 17 and the Show might be the best game graphically, not just sports game either.

# 98 bronxbombers21325 @ 02/04/16 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
I know Pabst Blue Ribbon is good right?!

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
I'm a Keystone Light man myself. But those graphics are amazing.

# 99 tnixen @ 02/04/16 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
That is crazy, 15 looks unbelievably bad compared to that. If this is seriously how the stadiums are gonna look this year, then this game is going to look crazy.

All they need to do is work on player models for MLB 17 and the Show might be the best game graphically, not just sports game either.
Honestly that screenshot almost looks to good to be a PS4 game.

If Russell was not the one to post that screenshot I would think it was fake

PBR looks like it's going to do wonders for MLB The Show.

Do any other sports games use PBR?

# 100 decga @ 02/04/16 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
I said maybe
Thank you for correcting me. I appreciated you all show us a little and saving something later looking forward to next Tuesday.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.