Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

Sony San Diego is Twitch streaming MLB The Show 16 right now, as the team goes over the Showtime and Road to the Show modes.

Watch the stream here. For those of you that miss it, we will update this post with the archive.

UPDATE: The stream has completed, watch the archive here (it starts at roughly the 16:35 mark).

Some notes:
  • 20-80 scale confirmed in Franchise mode
  • You CAN turn the Showtime feature on/off
  • New running styles are normal, lumbering, speedster and athletic
  • Over 600 new animations added, 100's more a dive specific
  • While running bases, hold L1 for a zoomed in view, L2 for a medium view
  • Oakley, EvoShield, and All Star are the new equipment brands
  • New Balance not in this year, maybe next year
  • No tattoos or face scanning in RTTS
  • You can view team uniforms in player editor

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 breakfastcat @ 02/04/16 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokker
Ramone teased PBR on Twitter.

Here's a comparison shot from 15.

This makes me so incredibly happy. I always thought the rock pile could look better in game, but that looks way better than I could've imagined. Thank you so much SCEA!

Edit: There's even cracks in the concrete, that's just a ridiculous level of detail .

# 102 PVarck31 @ 02/04/16 10:13 PM
Good God, I am imagining an updated Progressive Field with those graphics and...well...something about new pants.

# 103 Cowboy008 @ 02/04/16 10:14 PM
Quote:

# 104 tnixen @ 02/04/16 10:24 PM
If all the stadiums look as good or very close to that screenshot of those rocks then that would definitely lessen my disappointment for the stat overlays basically looking the same again. At least until MLB The Show 17 lol

I am really just blown away by that PBR screenshot!!!

# 105 Spokker @ 02/04/16 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakfastcat
This makes me so incredibly happy. I always thought the rock pile could look better in game, but that looks way better than I could've imagined. Thank you so much SCEA!

Edit: There's even cracks in the concrete, that's just a ridiculous level of detail .
It's my home stadium (as well?) so I was so happy to see it. It didn't detract too much from the game for me, but the old rocks always looked like mush with a green blanket draped over it.

Ramone's screenshot is from a weird angle so you can't see the whole thing, but I wonder what the waterfalls look like too.

# 106 tnixen @ 02/04/16 10:31 PM
I can't wait to see what PBR can do for for Citizens Bank Park

This is really getting exciting now!!!

# 107 aguero90 @ 02/04/16 10:31 PM
As the visually impaired gamer on here, what exactly is pbr? Sounds like it works wonders for visuals!

# 108 Knight165 @ 02/04/16 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HealyMonster
I see the show social justice warriors are out in full force.

How bout you let people have their own opinions.
How about you mind your own business(since you want to dispense others doing the same)?

# 109 bamabound2010 @ 02/04/16 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aguero90
As the visually impaired gamer on here, what exactly is pbr? Sounds like it works wonders for visuals!
You may enjoy this read.
http://www.gamersnexus.net/gg/1866-w...e-star-citizen

# 110 MauerMorneau09 @ 02/04/16 10:43 PM
Quote:

Thinking about how good that limestone is gonna look at Target Field

# 111 Knight165 @ 02/04/16 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabound2010
Very interesting.
Thanks.

That's why Ryse looks so friggin' good.

M.K.
Knight165

# 112 Spokker @ 02/04/16 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aguero90
Physically based rendering improves the way light interacts with objects in video games. Each object is given a value that determines how much it reflects and diffuses light. A brick is going to reflect light differently than, say, a steel beam.

This is huge because The Show has so many different lighting conditions. Time of day, time of year and night lighting. Not to mention objects that are in direct sunlight and objects in the shadows.

Will every object in the game benefit from this? Probably not. But I think if they can do the dirt, grass, walls and important stadium landmarks, it will greatly improve how the game looks.

# 113 Spokker @ 02/04/16 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauerMorneau09
Thinking about how good that limestone is gonna look at Target Field
Or the concrete at Oakland Coliseum

# 114 Blzer @ 02/04/16 11:07 PM
Quote:

Spoiler

# 115 agentlaw13 @ 02/05/16 12:41 AM
Lol, that PBR teaser pic has got us all in a tizzy and distracted from the original purpose of this thread...today's RTTS/Showtime twitch stream

Overall, I'm pumped from the info we got today and the improvements to RTTS. And this is coming from a primary franchise player.
- Bowman scouting day
- Scouting rating scale
- New Running animations
- mention of over 600 new animations
- new equipment brands (was hoping for new balance this year but no big deal)
- ability to bypass the simulator screen during RTTS games
- ability to play a series without backing out to the RTTS menu after each game (love this feature! Will save lots of time)
- "player personality" in editing screen
- Showtime feature (not too gimmicky for my taste. And if so, I'll turn it off [emoji6])
- Team uniforms worn in player editing screen (finally! Lol)
- And to top it all off, the tweet from Ramone showing off the new PBR. Man, this game is sure looking impressive!

I'm sure I missed a few things, but these were the main ones that stick out in my mind. All of this and it is only after the 1st Twitch stream! I know some here aren't gonna get the changes/additions they want, but you gotta admit it's pretty hard to not be impressed with what we have seen after today. Can't wait for the upcoming streams and new info to hear about even more of what the development team is bringing to the table this year. Looks like it's gonna be another great year of MLB The Show!

# 116 ninertravel @ 02/05/16 01:39 AM
interesting in player editor what was personality ?? is that new?? I think it is!

I have never seen the Personality Tab before in edit player can't beleive no one else has picked up on this.

I am going to take a stab here and say the franchise feature that they didn't wanna talk about was maybe import players into franchise, seeing as they were in edit player. just a guess and a wishful thing !

# 117 dran1984 @ 02/05/16 01:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentlaw13
Lol, that PBR teaser pic has got us all in a tizzy and distracted from the original purpose of this thread...today's RTTS/Showtime twitch stream

Overall, I'm pumped from the info we got today and the improvements to RTTS. And this is coming from a primary franchise player.
- Bowman scouting day
- Scouting rating scale
- New Running animations
- mention of over 600 new animations
- new equipment brands (was hoping for new balance this year but no big deal)
- ability to bypass the simulator screen during RTTS games
- ability to play a series without backing out to the RTTS menu after each game (love this feature! Will save lots of time)
- "player personality" in editing screen
- Showtime feature (not too gimmicky for my taste. And if so, I'll turn it off [emoji6])
- Team uniforms worn in player editing screen (finally! Lol)
- And to top it all off, the tweet from Ramone showing off the new PBR. Man, this game is sure looking impressive!

I'm sure I missed a few things, but these were the main ones that stick out in my mind. All of this and it is only after the 1st Twitch stream! I know some here aren't gonna get the changes/additions they want, but you gotta admit it's pretty hard to not be impressed with what we have seen after today. Can't wait for the upcoming streams and new info to hear about even more of what the development team is bringing to the table this year. Looks like it's gonna be another great year of MLB The Show!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
interesting in player editor what was personality ?? is that new?? I think it is!

I have never seen the Personality Tab before in edit player can't beleive no one else has picked up on this.

I am going to take a stab here and say the franchise feature that they didn't wanna talk about was maybe import players into franchise, seeing as they were in edit player. just a guess and a wishful thing !
People have picked up on it....

# 118 vidgames @ 02/05/16 02:00 AM
So when do we get to see pbr player models screenshot?

# 119 dran1984 @ 02/05/16 02:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidgames
I think they mentioned next Tuesday during the game play stream that they would have pbr turned on.

# 120 adh5199 @ 02/05/16 02:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidgames
Is it really going to make that much of a difference on the player models or will the new stadiums with pbr outshine the models and make them feel out of place? Can anyone explain how it might affect the visuals of the player models themselves?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.