Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

The MLB The Show 16 Gameplay Twitch stream began at 5pm ET, and new details about what has changed in this year's game will be revealed throughout. Watch it here and be sure to comment on your favorite new features announced!

For those of you that missed the stream, you can watch the archives below.

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 chiwhitesoxGOSOX @ 02/10/16 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Thanks dude didn't realize they had a whole forum for it lol. Been so excited for the 11th ever since I saw sounds of the show on the schedule. What am I talking about im so excited for every stream !

# 142 decga @ 02/10/16 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
Umpire personalities sounds cool.
Yeah it is! They didn't implemented into PS4 until this apparently. It was in PS3. I think in 2011.
There was a Wikipedia page about the umpire personalities. I had a copy of it for years. Glad to see it back.

# 143 Eman5805 @ 02/10/16 01:05 AM
I have to imagine the Human IK will also mean no more of that weird slide step pitching animation. It'll look more natural.

Didn't even think about foot planting as the primary application. Oh, that will just make the game so much nicer to look at.

# 144 Russell_SCEA @ 02/10/16 01:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas2345
Will the Out Of Position Fielding work on PS3 also? It says PS4 Only.
You answered your own question.

# 145 vidgames @ 02/10/16 01:24 AM
I wonder if say you played a 4 inning game the cpu would treat it as a 9 inning game...subbing pitchers in and such? This has never been in the game before.

# 146 WhiteM5 @ 02/10/16 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric7064
How would you know how to swing at a ball or strike from that view. It'd be near impossible.
Right. Which is why it would primarily be good for auto-fielding and/or after you make contact, it quickly switches to this view. Hitting from this view wouldn't be feasible, which is why I said I would love it for "fielding."

# 147 decga @ 02/10/16 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz

Tulo had on new Nike cleats.

A lot of players started wearing these towards the end of last year, nice to see them in.
Very cool! Those are the Nike Huaraches most of the players started rocking last year. I can Giancarlo shoes now. Brandon Crawford's too.

# 148 Stolm @ 02/10/16 01:50 AM
I meant to ask this during the stream, but does the IK Engine help with the feet sliding of batters while they are in the batters box?

You usually see this alot with players using the generic Practice Swings.

# 149 nomo17k @ 02/10/16 01:58 AM
I actually like the way how we are not provided the fact sheet upfront this year, and have something to look forward to every few days. Only bad strippers go all the way too soon; good ones know how to do it little by little.

I'm curious how the precision input engine feels. Will that introduce the magnitude of change that alleviates the feeling of getting outcomes being a bit too random at times and you are not in control of your own game? Or will it make the game feel a bit arcade-y in the way most other baseball video games have been in the past? Will see.

Otherwise, the gameplay looks pretty good already. I like how the play variety pops out without needing to look hard for minute changes. And it's great that devs are aware of gameplay exploits and seem to have plugged a lot of them up.

# 150 chiwhitesoxGOSOX @ 02/10/16 02:41 AM
During a check swing does the bat still leave the batters hands and then come back in or were you guys able to fix that?

# 151 dalger21 @ 02/10/16 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas2345
I thought it would be in. PS3 is very limited i gotcha.
I would think the PS3 version of "The Show" is coming to an end in the next few years. It is just so limited now.

# 152 tnixen @ 02/10/16 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zello144
They did it!!!
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047581603
Can't wait for the presentation stream!

Yep it definitely looks like they liked your idea for presentation

Looks so awesome and can't wait to see what they use for all other stadiums.

# 153 tnixen @ 02/10/16 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
That's great. I just thought I heard someone say during the stream that the runner window that was on the screen isn't supposed to be there.
Here is what it will look like.

# 154 ryanmc564 @ 02/10/16 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Enjoyed the stream and obvious improvements.

2 questions I had:

1) has a new feet first slide into home been added? Every slide seems to be the type where they slide around the plate and touch home with their hands. Sometimes guys slide right over the plate if catcher is far enough up the line and not blocking the dish.

2) Ramone talked a lot about pre-loading throws to make your fielders more aggressive. That is true, however, has any work gone into having the CPU fielders (especially OF) be more aggressive in their catch/throw animations?

C

the pre-loading isn't meant to be more aggressive, it meant for a more fluid and timed animation.

# 155 LastActionHero @ 02/10/16 09:49 AM

I'm not a fan of the speed displayed in circles. I believe they use this for the pitcher confidence and stamina as well. Bars (how it used to be) give you more of an idea right away but this requires way more focus in my opinion.
The circles around the pitch types on the other hand I like and makes sense design wise.

Anyone else feel the same way?

# 156 TheWarmWind @ 02/10/16 09:49 AM
Just finished watching the stream. Very VERY impressed.

I have just one question about the new player personality animations: Are these just for star players for now, or do they apply to generated players as well?

I ask because in my carry over franchise, generated players are starting to become more and more prevalent.

# 157 andrewochs615 @ 02/10/16 09:56 AM
What was the outside shot of the stadium/downtown Toronto? That was pretty neat. Did they talk about that at all I must of missed it.

# 158 Cowboy008 @ 02/10/16 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewochs615
What was the outside shot of the stadium/downtown Toronto? That was pretty neat. Did they talk about that at all I must of missed it.
No they didn't say anything about it. We won't get any information on it until the presentation stream.

# 159 andrewochs615 @ 02/10/16 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
No they didn't say anything about it. We won't get any information on it until the presentation stream.
Ah makes sense, sounds good!

# 160 goplen5 @ 02/10/16 10:17 AM
Man this game looks beautiful. Can't wait to see more of the stadium and franchise stuff, and especially Safeco.

One thing I thought of that I hope changes back is the camera on long, close foul balls. I didn't like in '15 when you hit a deep ball down the line that you thought could be out, the camera just instead stayed behind the batter, essentially showing you it was going to be foul instead of tracking the ball. I hope that goes back to tracking the ball instead.

Otherwise, my goodness. IK is going to make it look smoother, love the out of place stuff, and all of the new animations. That's all impressive. LOVE seeing the outside the stadium stuff too, and love that things move now. Can't wait to hear more on that.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.