Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

The MLB The Show 16 Twitch stream has begun, as the team talks about The Little Things, including the return of Sounds of the Show.

UPDATE: For those of you that missed the stream, you can watch the archive here.

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 tnixen @ 02/11/16 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
I can't believe nobody has mentioned this:

@ about 42:40 - hit down the line that GOES ALL THE WAY TO THE WALL IN THE CORNER!!!

Not a grounder, a low liner past the first baseman. But still, that same hit would have died in the outfield before it got to the wall in previous games. Definitely a step in the right direction!!
That is going to make a lot of people happy!

# 82 WaitTilNextYear @ 02/11/16 07:52 PM
Fans still all rocking PLAYER 0 jerseys in the stands. Would be nice if that's WIP, but I'd doubt it.

# 83 Russell_SCEA @ 02/11/16 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
Fans still all rocking PLAYER 0 jerseys in the stands. Would be nice if that's WIP, but I'd doubt it.
That's not changing

# 84 WaitTilNextYear @ 02/11/16 08:00 PM
Establishing shots most certainly are in...a nice fountain in Milwaukee shown between innings.

# 85 Bobhead @ 02/11/16 08:03 PM
So forgive me but I have only had my PS4 for about a year now... how would SOTS work? Do I import the songs from a USB drive onto the PS4 harddrive? Or does the USB have to be plugged in while playing the game?

If it's the latter, is there some way to get more USB ports out of my PS4? because mine only has two...

I'm totally fine with having to leave the flash drive in the console, but I don't want to have to choose between 2-player games and SOTS.

# 86 dran1984 @ 02/11/16 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
So forgive me but I have only had my PS4 for about a year now... how would SOTS work? Do I import the songs from a USB drive onto the PS4 harddrive? Or does the USB have to be plugged in while playing the game?

If it's the latter, is there some way to get more USB ports out of my PS4? because mine only has two...

I'm totally fine with having to leave the flash drive in the console, but I don't want to have to choose between 2-player games and SOTS.
From what I understood in the stream, when you import the files they are copied to the game. So you would be able to remove the usb drive.

# 87 Flaxseed Oil @ 02/11/16 08:08 PM
Just watched it... LOVE that Sounds of the Show is coming back. My audio was in and out because I was watching as my wife was watching TV in the room. Did they say whether or not you can assign a song to a player that sticks no matter which roster you use?

# 88 dran1984 @ 02/11/16 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaxseed Oil
Just watched it... LOVE that Sounds of the Show is coming back. My audio was in and out because I was watching as my wife was watching TV in the room. Did they say whether or not you can assign a song to a player that sticks no matter which roster you use?
It appeared that you have to save it to a specific roster.

# 89 ShowTyme15 @ 02/11/16 08:14 PM
Quote:
Still no Adidas...Kris Bryant rocking generic cleats. Stance looks good though (at least with 0 or 1 strikes...he cuts back on the waggle with 2 strikes).
It's been known Adidas wasn't in. Evoshield, Oakley, and All Star are the new brands. They also expanded on the current gear.

# 90 WaitTilNextYear @ 02/11/16 08:18 PM
I did see WAR on the player card like a few other people mentioned, but every player they scrolled through had a 2.00 WAR no matter what their stats were. My guess is they are still programming in how they want it calculated. So, WAR is in, but the calculation for it looks to be WIP.

# 91 gharp14 @ 02/11/16 08:19 PM
Game looks great. Just waiting on franchise news now!

# 92 sydrogerdavid @ 02/11/16 08:24 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
That's not changing

That's fine for now, but I hope it does change eventually. If you ever add more owner mode things to franchise, like selling jerseys, it would be cool if these Player 0 jerseys could reflect in the number of jerseys we are actually selling.

Like if Albert Pujols is our best player, he should have more jerseys in the stands than Ryan Theriot or Matt Holliday. If he leaves, Yadier Molina jerseys would increase, so more fans would be wearing his jersey.

I'm stuck in 2011.

# 93 WaitTilNextYear @ 02/11/16 08:34 PM
In edit player screen, birthplace does have country of origin, not just USA or not USA.

The edit player menus have received a face lift....I wonder how the face guys are going to like this new menu set up.

# 94 WaitTilNextYear @ 02/11/16 08:38 PM
New timed HR Derby format is in.

# 95 videobastard @ 02/11/16 08:42 PM
Sounds of the show is the best news for 16 for me. This will help tremendously to bring some sort of a mlb experience to the game, especially with commentary having to be turned off for another year for me.

# 96 hhayes81 @ 02/11/16 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobastard
Sounds of the show is the best news for 16 for me. This will help tremendously to bring some sort of a mlb experience to the game, especially with commentary having to be turned off for another year for me.
They haven't announced the commentary improvements yet so how do you know that youll have to turn it off

# 97 dran1984 @ 02/11/16 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobastard
Commentary, is on the list as having been upgraded. They also mentioned some improvements in the stream.

# 98 HypoLuxa13 @ 02/11/16 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
From what I understood in the stream, when you import the files they are copied to the game. So you would be able to remove the usb drive.
Yeah, they basically said that they had to work with Sony and write their own code to play the MP3's from the hard drive, since the PS4 does not have the ability natively. 6 GB is how much you can import for SotS.

As a fellow software developer, I have tons of respect for the sound guys at Sony San Diego. Having to write your own API's and such for functions that you would other wise use built-in functions for? That can be tons and tons of work for little things, much less something big like basically writing your own MP3 audio player interface. Well done, gentlemen.

# 99 videobastard @ 02/11/16 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhayes81
They haven't announced the commentary improvements yet so how do you know that youll have to turn it off
Did you not hear the same dull matt v commentary in the background in some of the videos released. I was hoping for an upgrade to someone like gary thorne but that is not the case for 16.

# 100 Drew127 @ 02/11/16 08:56 PM
I noticed the score bug was different in the first game of this stream (Cubs @ Brewers) than it was in the final game of the stream (Dodgers @ Astros). I'm wondering if it's still a WIP or if we get varying score bugs this year.

In the Cubs/Brewers game, balls/strikes/pitch count were below the teams/score. Made it much more compact and looked more accurate to what you'd see on TV these days.

In the Dodgers/Astros game, the balls/strikes/pitch count were to the right of the teams/score. Made it much longer and didn't seem as true to what you'd see on TV these days.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.