Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

The latest MLB The Show 16 video, featuring Diamond Dynasty has arrived. If the embed doesn't work, click here. The Twitch stream covering more details on the mode is scheduled for Thursday, February 18.

Quote:
The Show is coming and it's better than ever with the Diamond Dynasty Expansion! Game designers Nick Livingston and Lance Leahy give a detailed look at the new features and changes to Diamond Dynasty in MLB The Show 16.

MLB The Show 16 offers the most immersive, authentic baseball game on consoles. This year The Show offers even more gameplay improvements, new game modes, and a greater ability to personalize your baseball experience.

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 goplen5 @ 02/17/16 10:38 AM
I know that a lot of people love DD, so I'm happy for them. Lots of changes. I've never played DD and never really cared to try (I'm all about Franchise). Still, awesome for those that play.

Here's to hoping they added a lot of new and cool things to Franchise! Can't wait for those streams.

# 62 baseballsim @ 02/17/16 12:03 PM
Looks like the Star Player is making a return - which is ok by me.

How about removing the switch hitter option? I think this would make things a little more interesting. I imagine about 99 percentage of all Star Players were switch hitters in MLB 15.

# 63 MetsFan16 @ 02/17/16 12:42 PM
I had to watch the video a couple of times to understand what the heck is going on with tickets and captains and missions. I still don't completely understand them but I'm sure the stream tomorrow will clear everything up.

I love the introduction of more legends and flashback current players. I can see it now, Prime Pujols and Prime ARod with postseason Bumgarner. I just hope they put the years on the rookies/postseason/prime cards.

One suggestion I have to alleviate stacked teams would be a budget type feature where you can only play with a team with a certai number of stubs you spent on the players maybe around 50,000. And that payroll is decided by DD record/XP level. The higher your level or the better your record the higher your payroll.
Then you field a team within that payroll, the cards have "salaries" based on how much you paid to get that card. If you got the card through Universal Rewards its free (kind of like a homegrown player) but if you get a card through the market place, depending on how much you spent (20,000 for Miguel Carbrera) it acts like free agency. Then as you win your payroll goes up and you can field a team with higher costs players. On the other hand if you lose game after game your payroll decreases ans you cannot play with 3+ guys you bought in the market.

# 64 Factzzz @ 02/17/16 12:54 PM
I wonder if the prime card players will look different from the current player versions of themselves.

For example, if Tim Lincecum will have long hair for the prime version of him.

# 65 Mike Lowe @ 02/17/16 02:06 PM
Reallllllly hoping the new partnership on stat integration makes its way into other modes.............cough franchise.

# 66 Spokker @ 02/17/16 03:14 PM
I'm not big into DD, but as long as they make earning cards based on playing any mode, I'll check it out from time to time.

The problem with other MyTeam modes in other games is that I don't have time to play the franchise and career modes and MyTeam on top of that.

At least in the show, playing franchise builds up my collection. That would be cool if some of the captain goas were based on other modes too.

# 67 MrOldboy @ 02/17/16 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentleyA
I am right there with you! Hopefully the daily match ups will help a lot too. I really enjoy looking at daily match ups (do it for daily fantasy fairly often) so it will be fun to integrate that into the mode. I am with you though in thinking that they should put some sort of cap on a team based on ratings, however, there is one major reason they will not do that. The ability to stack a team usually involves people going on the markets and spending a ton of stubs on all the legend and highly priced players. Even though many people will not admit it they get those stacked lineups by purchasing a lot of them (or a ton of packs), that is how most of them are created. Those stubs are probably a nice revenue stream for SDS and you cannot blame them for utilizing their ability to earn more revenue that way. In fact, it is actually intelligent business to do it. I just wish maybe there was a way when you match up with an opponent that their lineup would be a similar overall rating to yours so you are not playing against a bunch of stacked line ups all the time. Hopefully the "Play with Friends" aspect will help and I am sure there will be threads on here this spring and summer to help avoid some of those stacked line ups guys. I know I will be having a great time messing around with lineups on a daily basis.

I didn't want to say it, but yes I agree that SDS does have an incentive to let people stack their team. The more stacked teams that exist, the more stubs were put into the system. With preorder bonuses and stuff I wonder what percentage of stubs were purchased.

The other way I could think of is apply stamina to all cards so that you can't start the same player 10 games in a row. For every game they play maybe they need one to recharge. You'd only need two players at each position though for a stacked team, but the longer it takes for people to stack their team the more fun I think people will have early on. Another might be to limit matchmaking to a certain overall team rating similar to how it works now. If my team is rated 88 overall let me limit searches for 86-92 teams.

The issue with playing friends is that I'm guessing it is unranked and I wonder if you accumulate rewards at the same rate since two people could boost that way.

# 68 takki @ 02/17/16 03:56 PM
I have to give a round of applause to SCEA. They really took our feedback about Diamond Dynasty not having enough content to do to heart.

Playing with friends, rewards for milestones, flashback cards, dynamic card ratings...

And if I heard correctly, did they just confirm that they put team restrictions into the mode? I'll have to watch the livestream tomorrow to see but if they did, then I'm beyond impressed. That was my number one issue with the mode, how almost everyone had the exact same diamond teams.

My only gripe is that DD games take way too long. I would like quick counts as an option for online games (maybe the game can ask both players if they want to do that so people don't complain)? Or implement the idea that this website suggested where the game starts in the 6th or 7th inning with the pitcher appropriately tired.

# 69 BrianU @ 02/17/16 04:14 PM
Things are stepping up this year but I do not see these additions as game changing when it comes to people stacking their team full of 99 players. It may be delayed a bit due to the captain missions but that's about it. I would like to see them being more strict in enforcing a way to play with some kind of cap system so you have to actually weigh the choices of players in your lineup rather then just composing your team of the highest rated players.

And for the captain mission example they give that's really underwhelming. A roster full of players 6'3" or taller? Can't we have them be relevant to baseball.. like a roster full of players with 80+ contact vs righty or a roster full of players with 80+ speed. Anything would be better than some silly height stat. I'm just sad that there aren't any restrictions/playlists to really bring out the management feeling of the game, but I'll still be playing every single day

# 70 Denzel Washington @ 02/17/16 04:17 PM
I don't want the stamina stuff (outside of pitching) or contract stuff in DD. It would only serve to punish the people who dont spend money. The people who stack their teams have studs on their bench too so it would just end up being mid 90's diamonds against low golds and high silvers which is even worse than an all gold lineup against all 99's.

What I would Like to see introduced is a matchmaking feature where your team was capped with some kind of salary or overall parameters. The only issue is that MLB the show isn't a game that sells 5 million copies + like the other big sports games so the userbase might be splintered to the point that it is difficult to find an opponent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
And for the captain mission example they give that's really underwhelming. A roster full of players 6'3" or taller? Can't we have them be relevant to baseball.. like a roster full of players with 80+ contact vs righty or a roster full of players with 80+ speed. Anything would be better than some silly height stat. I'm just sad that there aren't any restrictions/playlists to really bring out the management feeling of the game, but I'll still be playing every single day
To me it seems as though they are trying to incentivise people to mix up their lineups. I don't see the need to reward people for playing with great hitters as that is something people will want to have regardless. Same with 80+ speed. You're going to be rewarding players for cheesing.

# 71 jm2054 @ 02/17/16 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denzel Washington
I don't want the stamina stuff or contract stuff in DD. It would only serve to punish the people who dont spend money. The people who stack their teams have studs on their bench too so it would just end up being mid 90's diamonds against low golds and high silvers which is even worse than an all gold lineup against all 99's.

What I would Like to see introduced is a matchmaking feature where your team was capped with some kind of salary or overall parameters. The only issue is that MLB the show isn't a game that sells 5 million copies + like the other big sports games so the userbase might be splintered to the point that it is difficult to find an opponent.

To me it seems as though they are trying to incentivise people to mix up their lineups. I don't see the need to reward people for playing with great hitters as that is something people will want to have regardless. Same with 80+ speed. You're going to be rewarding players for cheesing.
I agree contracts are a awful idea and all it does is force free players to buy contracts with earned coins or stubs in this

# 72 TexasDBack @ 02/17/16 05:54 PM
MLB 15 sucked me into DD. I can't wait for these updates. I'm hoping to see some OS leagues with the new "play friends" option. Anyone going to start one up? With this in play, it opens up season long 1 person per real team potential.

# 73 agentlaw13 @ 02/18/16 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDBack
MLB 15 sucked me into DD. I can't wait for these updates. I'm hoping to see some OS leagues with the new "play friends" option. Anyone going to start one up? With this in play, it opens up season long 1 person per real team potential.

I agree. Didn't play it much in previous versions but I got sucked in on '15 as well after the actual season ended and I got bored with my franchises and RTTS guys. After playing those modes, I had collected a pretty solid team of current players and have a pretty good team. I haven't played the marketplace at all and I don't have any legends. I prefer playing with more current players. I like the additions they mentioned so far that give some variety to team lineups.

I'm sure I will start playing this mode after release to kill some time while waiting for the rosters and SOTS. Obviously my card collection will probably be kinda weak (cmon, diamond cards! Lol) from the start, but I think it will be a fun challenge to play and compete online with my average team against the teams that are buying legends on the marketplace. Really looking forward to the checking out changes and improvements.

And props to the dev team on the server improvements in '15. That was a big reason why I played more DD this past year as well. I tried getting into it in '14 but the lag was pretty bad on most of my attempts at online play and I got bored with playing against the CPU. Glad they strive to improve the servers from year to year.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.