Home
WWE 2K16 News Post

The WWE 2K16 Hall of Fame Showcase is scheduled to be released on Tuesday, February 23 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360. It features 20 playable Superstars, seven classic matches, and six new playable arenas.

Quote:
The DLC content is focused entirely around the WWE 2015 Hall of Fame inductees and their biggest opponents, including “Macho Man” Randy Savage, Jake “The Snake” Roberts, Rikishi, The Rock, Alundra Blayze, Larry Zbyszko, Arn Anderson, The Bushwackers, The Outsiders (Kevin Nash & Scott Hall), and many more.

The Hall of Fame Showcase is included with the WWE 2K16 Season Pass, for everyone else, it will cost $9.99. For those of you waiting for the PC version of WWE 2K16, which releases on March 11, this DLC and all of the previous ones, will be included in your purchase, with no extra charges.

Game: WWE 2K16Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 3 - View All
WWE 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 spidertour02 @ 02/18/16 01:25 AM
Cool, it's official now.

It's good to have it confirmed that there will be new arenas. We pretty much know which ones they are given the matches depicted, too, since they all happened in real life (with the exception of Alundra Blayze/Paige, obviously).
  • Macho Man Randy Savage vs. Jake "The Snake" Roberts: This Tuesday in Texas (1991)
  • Rikishi vs. The Rock: Survivor Series 2000
  • Larry Zbyszko and Arn Anderson vs. Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat and Dustin Rhodes: Clash of The Champions XXVII (1991)
  • Tatsumi Fujinami vs. Ric Flair: WCW/NWA Supershow (1991)
  • The Bushwhackers (Butch Miller and Luke Williams) vs. The Natural Disasters (Typhoon and Earthquake): Summerslam 1991
  • The Outsiders (Kevin Nash and Scott Hall) vs. Harlem Heat (Booker T and Stevie Ray): Halloween Havoc 1996

By the way, since king doe asked in the other thread ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by king doe
Does anyone know what year of ric flair we are getting, late mid 80s, late 80s, early 90s or mid 90s?
I'm going to assume from the matchup that it's specifically the Ric Flair of WCW/NWA Supershow. WOOOOO!

# 2 brianski71 @ 02/18/16 01:28 AM
Wait I'm confused...so do the guys in the showcase become playable outside of showcase mode once you download it? I'm confused how Scott Hall is supposedly in this showcase, yet wasn't in the "legends pack." Will we be able to use him once this comes out?

# 3 spidertour02 @ 02/18/16 04:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianski71
Wait I'm confused...so do the guys in the showcase become playable outside of showcase mode once you download it? I'm confused how Scott Hall is supposedly in this showcase, yet wasn't in the "legends pack." Will we be able to use him once this comes out?
You can use all of the wrestlers outside of the mode, though since this is a Showcase, you'll need to unlock them first by completing objectives in the Showcase matches.

# 4 jaredsmith83 @ 02/18/16 07:45 AM
I hope that the Outsiders come with that original nWo music. I've been wanting to use that badly for one of my factions in my CAW universe. This looks like a great piece of historical DLC. I do wish Tully Blanchard were coming but having AA is going to be awesome.

# 5 DBMcGee3 @ 02/18/16 09:11 AM
Finally! Already have my classic Universe set up, just couldn't start it without an authentic retro Flair. Wooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

# 6 Aggies7 @ 02/20/16 09:54 PM
Good to hear they are playable outside of the Showcase Mode. Always download old school tag teams for Universe, now I get a few more

# 7 CanuckJ @ 02/21/16 01:16 PM
Really looking forward to this showcase coming out, lot's of quality DLC in it

# 8 shanice73 @ 02/22/16 05:36 AM
I have the Accelerator, will that unlock the hall of fame showcase wrestlers so that I can use them outside of showcase mode?

# 9 Sphinx @ 02/22/16 03:29 PM
I am really looking forward to having the nwo music. I wanted to create a modern day NWO but they have no music for them or a video. I don't know why they don't just add a whole bunch for the stuff they own and have rights to. It would really help with the entrances for the CAW's.

# 10 woodjer @ 02/22/16 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanice73
I have the Accelerator, will that unlock the hall of fame showcase wrestlers so that I can use them outside of showcase mode?
Yes, you'll need to go back into where you used it initially (if you have) and re-apply the unlock but it should work.

# 11 COMMISSIONERHBK9 @ 02/22/16 06:04 PM
I want to know who's the 20 playable ppl. I seen 9 of them from the description

# 12 shanice73 @ 02/22/16 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodjer
Yes, you'll need to go back into where you used it initially (if you have) and re-apply the unlock but it should work.
Thanks, I'll get the showcase.

# 13 spidertour02 @ 02/22/16 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMISSIONERHBK9
I want to know who's the 20 playable ppl. I seen 9 of them from the description
They cheated and counted new "versions" of wrestlers already in the game as new characters. It looks to me like the character list will be like so ...

11 new wrestlers: Alundra Blayze, Arn Anderson, Bushwhacker Butch, Bushwhacker Luke, Dustin Rhodes, Earthquake, Larry Zbyszko, Scott Hall, Stevie Ray, Tatsumi Fujinami, and Typhoon

8 new attires/builds: Booker T (Halloween Havoc '96), Jake Roberts (This Tuesday In Texas), Kevin Nash (Halloween Havoc '96), Randy Savage (This Tuesday In Texas), Ric Flair (WCW/NWA Supershow '91), Ricky Steamboat (Clash of Champions XVII), Rikishi (Survivor Series '00), and The Rock (Survivor Series '00)

Paige will probably be unchanged, but she's the 20th.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.