Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

IGN is currently live streaming MLB The Show 16 with Ramone Russell.

UPDATE: The archive is here, for those that missed it.

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 sandmac @ 02/18/16 11:04 PM
Highly disappointed they still don't have remotely accurate broadcast camera optics.

How would a background image 300 feet away behind a close up still be in focus?! It makes the game look like a cartoon.

# 122 earthlight897 @ 02/18/16 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportdan30
I'd rather have better play by play than weather effects at this point. The commentary is incredibly stale and really takes away an otherwise awesome game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I couldn't agree more. It's a waste of resources focusing on freakin rain delays; if you want a delay just pause the game, go take a nap and come back in 20 minutes; theres your damn delay. The commentary is the elephant in the room, it's just terrible; literally every game its the same lines in the same exact situation and it sets the game back 10 years. Hopefully that presentation stream will prove me wrong. Thanks SCEA for listening to the consumers.

# 123 Factzzz @ 02/18/16 11:42 PM
Is it just me or did their RTTS player look different for a created player?

Like maybe new face presets? I know they said they added new hair and beard options, still waiting to see those, but i'm wondering now if they added new face presets or something.

# 124 ShowTyme15 @ 02/18/16 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
Is it just me or did their RTTS player look different for a created player?

Like maybe new face presets? I know they said they added new hair and beard options, still waiting to see those, but i'm wondering now if they added new face presets or something.
That, or created players just look better in general.

# 125 PVarck31 @ 02/18/16 11:55 PM
Ramone, I just want to thank you and the team for doing a fantastic job updating Progressive Field. I am now infinitely more excited for the game.

# 126 MrOldboy @ 02/19/16 12:57 AM
What did they do to poor Rizzo? Putt'n on a few during the offseason I see. I saw someone else mention in another thread that some players looked fat. They seemed to have been moved to the "heavy" body type for some reason this year. Hopefully these can get fixed. Similar to how Cabrera used to have the same body type as Sandoval. I hope near the top of thedev's list next year is to rework the player models to at least give more variety and options to make players look more like themselves. Even if they just added a few more body types it would go a long way.

Spoiler

# 127 geisterhome @ 02/19/16 01:26 AM
Wow, the closed roofs are looking great, gotta say I'm feeling a little proud of myself for asking to add them over and over again on here, lol

Sent from my GEM-702L using Tapatalk

# 128 Stolm @ 02/19/16 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
What did they do to poor Rizzo? Putt'n on a few during the offseason I see. I saw someone else mention in another thread that some players looked fat. They seemed to have been moved to the "heavy" body type for some reason this year. Hopefully these can get fixed. Similar to how Cabrera used to have the same body type as Sandoval. I hope near the top of thedev's list next year is to rework the player models to at least give more variety and options to make players look more like themselves. Even if they just added a few more body types it would go a long way.

Spoiler
Ya, I mentioned that both Donaldson and Tulo look chunky as hell. Looked like they packed on 40-50 pounds.

Looks really weird, not sure why that change was made unless it's some bug giving out wrong body types.

# 129 Stolm @ 02/19/16 01:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybaybay618
I think the biggest problem that never got addressed last year was the bug with batting stances and swing types. If you change a player's swing type in MLB 15, it defaults that player's load and practice swing to generic animations. With all the new swing types this year, I'm gonna be going through the rosters and editing swing types to make my rosters as true to life as possible, and if the same bug still exists then it'll really spoil the game for me. If it hasn't been addressed yet, hopefully this comment gets read by someone up top and taken into consideration. It doesn't seem like it'd be that hard of a fix.
I think if it was easy to fix it would have been fixed a long time ago.

That bug has been in every iteration of the game I have played.

# 130 MrOldboy @ 02/19/16 02:20 AM
Quote:
Tulo's body model looks identical to last year's, the new fisheye cameras just make certain body parts look a little exaggerated. Anthony Rizzo looks fine too, but I agree that Donaldson looks a little beefier than he should.
Comparison.

Here's a discussion about this issue from 2014. There are three body types in game and this year it seems like some players got the fat one. Miggy had the issue when he was on the cover as well. can't remember when they fixed it, but in the IGN video he has the thinner body type.

# 131 Stolm @ 02/19/16 02:29 AM
Quote:
Are you sure? I could've sworn that it didn't exist in 14. That's why it was so frustrating to me that it never got addressed last year.
I'm positive.

It's why I have such a hard time finding a batting stance I like every year in RTTS.

# 132 LastActionHero @ 02/19/16 02:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adh5199
Dear baseball gods, please let the team successfully get the pbr implemented into the grass this year. If everything else looks so sharp, the grass will look out of place. We believe in you guys! Thanks far all y'all do!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I second this

# 133 Smallville102001 @ 02/19/16 03:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
It's not just the score bugs.......

I wonder what in the heck this means.

# 134 Smallville102001 @ 02/19/16 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
We might not get to it. Graphics changes and improvements are the last thing to go in. Hence why the last stream is the graphics one and why we aren't going into detail yet.

That is good to know. Can you give us a % chances of it making it in the game? If it doesn't make it in game day 1 can it be patched or is that a un patchable thing?

# 135 CujoMatty @ 02/19/16 03:18 AM
Great time to be a jays fan. Home run love for jd, Edwin and Jose love it. In the first stream I watched like a week ago they mentioned that bautistas epic bat flip didn't make it in but Ramone said it did in this stream. If I see the bat flip man I'm going to soil myself.

tulo and Donaldson are way too big though.

I had heard that Arizona had new uniforms but I didn't realize they were that hideous.

Those wipes of the show and team logos are beautiful.

Even RTTS stuff got me hyped. Add Sots I'm officially on full meltdown alert waiting for this game

# 136 dran1984 @ 02/19/16 03:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Give him SS as a secondary position.

M.K.
Knight165
It's still flawed logic. In a perfect world, it would be player specific. Not all players are created equal. It's a great addition and much needed feature.

# 137 ps3veron @ 02/19/16 03:29 AM
Looking impressive but I'm at work and cant listen to the audio. A little help, that awesome batter camera at about 41 secs and 59 secs, is that new? I dont play RTS and will that be available in online or regular games?

# 138 BSUFAN @ 02/19/16 07:11 AM
The game looks amazing the only thing I noticed that the ball during infield throws looks like a floating dot instead of a real baseball , maybe it just me, anyway great job as always !!!

# 139 LastActionHero @ 02/19/16 07:39 AM
Minute Made park looks beautiful with the roof closed! Wrigley field also stunning. Fish eye batting view looks good but don't know if I can ditch classic catcher 2

Few things I noticed that I didn't like:

The black behind the pitch select osd looks ugly I must say. I thought it looked better in the first stream(s)? Maybe we can choose between different styles for this as well.
I hope so. I thought last year looked great. The blue circles instead of bars under the pitch types is a nice change but the black behind it isn't necesarry if you ask me.

Less is more!

Oh and during that homer in Wrigley please add a suitable animation when the outfielder jumps but can't catch the ball and it's a homerun. Now he still swithes to a "ready" stance, pretty awkward.

# 140 tnixen @ 02/19/16 10:44 AM
Which one do you guys like better?

I like the one on the right as you can see more of the field without it being blacked out completely. However the dark backround helps seeing the pitcher selection a little better.

I wonder how it would look with the clear backround but maybe have a small black backround just behind the pitcher selections?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.