Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

IGN is currently live streaming MLB The Show 16 with Ramone Russell.

UPDATE: The archive is here, for those that missed it.

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 Cowboy008 @ 02/19/16 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Which one do you guys like better?

I like the one on the right as you can see more of the field without it being blacked out completely. However the dark backround helps seeing the pitcher selection a little better.

I wonder how it would look with the clear backround but maybe have a small black backround just behind the pitcher selections?
I like the one on the right.

# 162 redsox4evur @ 02/19/16 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmc564
I don't see the problem. what's wrong with him?
Yea that's really not that bad...

# 163 bigdipper88 @ 02/19/16 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Yea that's really not that bad...
It's a generic face, Correa has one too. Trout as well

# 164 MrOldboy @ 02/19/16 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Great catch a small thing but a few new better animations for the outfielder after trying to rob a home run would be nice

I am guessing to late for 16 though.

The issue with Wrigley for me is that the game allows outfielders to attempt to rob home runs and clip the through the basket. I know it's been mentioned as a bug in past years and it just happened again to me in RTTS the other day where my player's entire upper half was clipped through the basket. I'd like for outfielders, at least AI to not try and rob any home runs at Wrigley. Most of not all MLB outfielders who play there play the wall like well a brick wall.

# 165 Big Buford @ 02/19/16 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
Comparison.

Here's a discussion about this issue from 2014. There are three body types in game and this year it seems like some players got the fat one. Miggy had the issue when he was on the cover as well. can't remember when they fixed it, but in the IGN video he has the thinner body type.
Is there any chance that the body types are still WIP as well?? I haven't heard them talk about that in any of the streams.

I certainly hope they can still be changed It will be awfully difficult to 'stomach' looking at a fat Rizzo every game in franchise...

# 166 Aensland @ 02/19/16 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
The issue with Wrigley for me is that the game allows outfielders to attempt to rob home runs and clip the light the basket. I know it's been mentioned as a bug in past years and it just happened again to me in RTTS the other day where my player's entire upper half was clipped through the basket. I'd like for outfielders, at least AI to not try and rob any home runs at Wrigley. Most of not all MLB outfielders who play there play the wall like well a brick wall.
I remember outfielders would do that on the high left field wall in Cincinnati and the right field wall in Philly as well. I thought it looked rather hilarious.

# 167 Shaffer26 @ 02/19/16 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Buford
Is there any chance that the body types are still WIP as well?? I haven't heard them talk about that in any of the streams.

I certainly hope they can still be changed It will be awfully difficult to 'stomach' looking at a fat Rizzo every game in franchise...
Schwarber too. He's "buff" but he's not fat by any means, which is how he is depicted from what I've seen in the streams.

# 168 lalblc @ 02/19/16 04:13 PM
Anything new with stat tracking and presentation?

# 169 Speedy @ 02/19/16 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalblc
Anything new with stat tracking and presentation?
It'll be shown in future streams.

# 170 Big Buford @ 02/19/16 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaffer26
Schwarber too. He's "buff" but he's not fat by any means, which is how he is depicted from what I've seen in the streams.
Totally agree. I am loving literally everything I am seeing and hearing about this year so far, and I will certainly play the game regardless (have had it pre-ordered from day 1), but it will definitely be disappointing if they can't be changed before release.

It just seems weird that Rizzo would suddenly be given that model, he looked fine in 15...same could probably be said for some of the other guys.

Again, I am hoping this falls under the WIP category and is going to be addressed. Any devs able to shed some light on whether this is a possibility?

# 171 sandmac @ 02/19/16 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmc564
I don't see the problem. what's wrong with him?
The generic "Latino" face...

# 172 OhDaesu19 @ 02/19/16 05:02 PM
One thing that they need to implement in batters being able to move in the box prior to the pitch.

sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk

# 173 Bpletch2971 @ 02/19/16 06:50 PM
New to the forums here so I can't make my own topic but maybe someone in here can help me out.. Is there a difference im missing between downloading the latest OSFM roster update and starting up my franchise now then carry it over to 2016 or having to wait until the 2016 OSFM comes out after release? (Other than the franchise schedule being different)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 174 MrOldboy @ 02/19/16 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Buford

Well as always at this time of year...follow the likes. The tend to show whose been reading which threads.

All we can do is point stuff out and hope they get fixed in time.

# 175 Mike Lowe @ 02/19/16 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandmac
The generic "Latino" face...
There's enough proof in that Rondon pic to demonstrate one of the biggest changes needed in MLB Show 16--regardless of all the other stuff we've seen--is that they must get relief pitchers to have less innings pitched than games on a consistent basis (those stats are from real life in the pic). Only a long reliever should be beyond that ratio, with the occasional workhorse mixed in.

We need bullpen matchups, and not guys being taken out just because they gave up a hit or a run...even after getting an out the manager should spring into action. Even with hook at 10, this doesn't happen.

It's changes like this that are going to take this game to the next level.

# 176 Goose26 @ 02/19/16 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
There's enough proof in that Rondon pic to demonstrate one of the biggest changes needed in MLB Show 16--regardless of all the other stuff we've seen--is that they must get relief pitchers to have less innings pitched than games on a consistent basis (those stats are from real life in the pic). Only a long reliever should be beyond that ratio, with the occasional workhorse mixed in.

We need bullpen matchups, and not guys being taken out just because they gave up a hit or a run...even after getting an out the manager should spring into action. Even with hook at 10, this doesn't happen.

It's changes like this that are going to take this game to the next level.
This is one of my only major issues with this game. Too often I see relievers pushing 90-100 innings, even a few closers. This would be a HUGE change!

# 177 sva91 @ 02/20/16 10:43 AM
Carlos Correa still has a generic face. What a bummer. The dude is the future of the league. Does the Show update player faces through patches? I really hope so. Game does look great though.

# 178 HypoLuxa13 @ 02/20/16 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sva91
Carlos Correa still has a generic face. What a bummer. The dude is the future of the league. Does the Show update player faces through patches? I really hope so. Game does look great though.
W... I.....P....

work in progress

# 179 BravesBoy @ 02/20/16 11:12 AM
More I watch these vids the more I want them to adjust the size of the base runners info while your at bat. It covers up the 1st baseman and even the runner when they have a short lead. Would like to see it smaller or even an option to hide it

# 180 tnixen @ 02/20/16 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BravesBoy
More I watch these vids the more I want them to adjust the size of the base runners info while your at bat. It covers up the 1st baseman and even the runner when they have a short lead. Would like to see it smaller or even an option to hide it
100% agree!!!

I really like the new default camera and I am thinking about using it but something needs to be done with the base runners info. If that is not fixed I most likely will not use this new camera and stick with the good old classic behind the catcher camera. That's as long as it's still available of course

Perhaps if they moved the base runners info down some just enough to not block the runners?

Russell would that be possible?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.