Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

The MLB The Show 16 Twitch livestream should be starting in about 5 minutes, post your thoughts here!

For those that miss out, we will update this post with the archive, when it has completed.

UPDATE: Here is the archive.

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 zello144 @ 02/24/16 02:14 AM
Can we play as a DH in RTTS?
As in a everyday position if our player is on any A.L team
Also are the manager interactions the same as last year's or have they been improved?

# 122 eric7064 @ 02/24/16 02:19 AM
I just need to know If offline and online franchise have the same features.

# 123 ScouserHUN @ 02/24/16 02:27 AM
Ramone and the guys were talking about how we can only earn tickets by playing the game. They said, that tickets can be earned in ANY game mode just by playing the game. However, I think this needs a little bit of clarification.

- Are tickets only earned by completing Captain Missions while playing ANY game mode or you just play ANY game mode and get tickets no matter what the Captain Missions are?

- If the answer is the latter, it brings up a question about earning stubs. In the past, you earned stubs by playing ANY game mode. Is this still the same?

Thanks!

# 124 Russell_SCEA @ 02/24/16 02:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScouserHUN
Ramone and the guys were talking about how we can only earn tickets by playing the game. They said, that tickets can be earned in ANY game mode just by playing the game. However, I think this needs a little bit of clarification.

- Are tickets only earned by completing Captain Missions while playing ANY game mode or you just play ANY game mode and get tickets no matter what the Captain Missions are?

- If the answer is the latter, it brings up a question about earning stubs. In the past, you earned stubs by playing ANY game mode. Is this still the same?

Thanks!
You earn tickets by playing the game, you can earn lots of tickets by completing captain's mission.

# 125 ScouserHUN @ 02/24/16 03:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
You earn tickets by playing the game, you can earn lots of tickets by completing captain's mission.
Do you still earn stubs as well by playing the game?

# 126 Russell_SCEA @ 02/24/16 03:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScouserHUN
Do you still earn stubs as well by playing the game?

Yup.........

# 127 ScouserHUN @ 02/24/16 03:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Yup.........
You're BOSS Ramone!

Especially thank you for answering the question regaring the European PSN store pre-order availability. Waiting for that!

It was always a fuss asking my cousin who lives in California to buy me US PSN cards. Last year I bought the Digital Deluxe Edition on the US store, but I could not use the extras beacuse I'm playing on my Hungarian account... Hopefully this year I can buy it from the Hungarian store

# 128 ps3veron @ 02/24/16 03:15 AM
Incredible! Can someone please tell me what camera angle is this?

I'm loving it, you can see everything from behind the plate, it looks a little zommed out from the default catcher.

Is it new or can I find it in MLB 15? Thanks y'all!

# 129 dran1984 @ 02/24/16 03:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
I idnt see this at all, your not confusing the quesiton with update franchise rosters?

if it's a no dissapointing they said they were working on this last year, looks like i have to spend another 40 mins creating players again that I forget to put in franchise mode or waitng 3 months to get a roster 100% perfect
Yea, your right I confused the question. However, I am pretty sure it was asked in another stream and he said no.

# 130 LastActionHero @ 02/24/16 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3veron
Incredible! Can someone please tell me what camera angle is this?

I'm loving it, you can see everything from behind the plate, it looks a little zommed out from the default catcher.

Is it new or can I find it in MLB 15? Thanks y'all!

It's the new fish eye view that's new in MLB The Show 16

# 131 ps3veron @ 02/24/16 03:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero
It's the new fish eye view that's new in MLB The Show 16
Thank You! You're the real Last Action Hero! I love that angle! Absolutely stoked for it!

Folks, isn't this going to be the best camera angle of all time or what?!

# 132 MrOldboy @ 02/24/16 04:02 AM
I'm honestly not sure I will be using the fish eye view. Typically I cannot stand to play games at such a high FOV. If it does seem to help with pitch recognition I hope I can stand it. Often the huge FOV games make me a big queasy, as do extremely narrow FOV games.

# 133 ps3veron @ 02/24/16 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
I'm honestly not sure I will be using the fish eye view. Typically I cannot stand to play games at such a high FOV. I'm also curious if there is any performance impact to fisheye since there is a lot more on screen to render. One way I can often get a few more FPS out of a PC game is to narrow the FOV a bit.

If it does seem to help with pitch recognition I hope I can stand it. Often the huge FOV games make me a big queasy, as do extremely narrow FOV games.
You know what's genius about it? You don't have to look at the diamond icon anymore! You can see all your hitters right there on the screen. Sorry for being so excited but I'm going nuts at how good this angle is!

# 134 zippy2212 @ 02/24/16 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
I idnt see this at all, your not confusing the quesiton with update franchise rosters?

if it's a no dissapointing they said they were working on this last year, looks like i have to spend another 40 mins creating players again that I forget to put in franchise mode or waitng 3 months to get a roster 100% perfect
I think the question they answered in the stream was about attributes updating in franchise. Which they answered no you had to manually edit them. I didn't hear them say anything about importing players in. Plus I doubt they would reveal that before next week's franchise blog and stream.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

# 135 TheWarmWind @ 02/24/16 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.A.D.
Am I the only one who is disgusted by the fact that they left in the animation where the fielder isn't directly on the landing spot and the ball just flies over his head? It happened on a routine fly ball to right. Fielder was a bit off the marker and the animation kicked in and it flew over his head. Why is the fielders glove not up to at least deflect it? Why didn't the animation kick in to bring the fielder closer to the spot? We have to be directly on the spot or it will fly over our head??

Same thing happened earlier with the catcher. Routine pop up behind the plate, but the catcher wasn't directly on the spot and the ball lands right next to his foot. What am I missing? Is it just me? Why wasn't this addressed at all???
You know, it's funny that you mention this, because I KNEW that outfielder wasn't going to catch that ball and I suspected the catcher wouldn't either. I also knew someone was going to call it out saying it was an animation bug, but in fact it was player error.

Fielding is a much more complicated beast in this game than most people realize. You should check out my Stongest and Weakest parts of your game thread: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...your-game.html

I talk a bit about "feathering". That's not all there is to fielding but it was a big boon to me.

# 136 Sip_16 @ 02/24/16 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_OS

Rogers Center looks great guys! Loving it!!
2015 AL East Champs Banner looks good up there! Can't wait to see 2016 World Series Champ Banner next year

# 137 giants665 @ 02/24/16 09:39 AM
Trade sliders and stat tracking on player cards. Simply awesome! I cannot wait for this game!!

# 138 LeftyShortstop @ 02/24/16 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by giants665
Trade sliders and stat tracking on player cards. Simply awesome! I cannot wait for this game!!
Can this game get any better???

# 139 goplen5 @ 02/24/16 10:06 AM
Out of curiosity, does anyone know if the Mariners' cream jerseys made it in this year? Still haven't seen anything on that.

Otherwise, this game is absolutely stunning and perfect. Props to Ramone and all the devs.

# 140 jake44np @ 02/24/16 10:12 AM
Small gripe here but it is bugging me! lol
I have been to few games at Chase field with the roof closed and the inside is not "Golden" in appearance like it is in this twitch stream. The roof looks yellow or gold when it is a lot darker or greyer, see below.
Why did they make is so yellow, I know everyone is going to say because that lights are on, but it is not how it looks.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...orth_Upper.jpg

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.