Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

The MLB The Show 16 Twitch livestream should be starting in about 5 minutes, post your thoughts here!

For those that miss out, we will update this post with the archive, when it has completed.

UPDATE: Here is the archive.

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Blzer @ 02/24/16 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
Can't wait to see it without all of that clutter on the screen!
Yeah, there's something on the bottom right of that screen (licks thumb, rubs it on those pixels). Get it off!

So, I'm curious... I know they said the night lighting is still being worked on, but one thing this game has had since introducing time of day progression in '09 is a quick jump to the darkest night sky from the twilight sky within a span of maybe ten batters or so. Right now, it looks like a massive jump. I'm guessing there will be ones in between?

Again, totally being worked on and I get that. Just curious. I remember being duped in MLB '09 when we were told that the demo was just highlighting the jump and not showing the full course of action, even though that is exactly how it jumped in the final game (and if anyone want to make any claim that I wasn't duped, I have a thread for proof).

Still hoping for that "blue sky" someday, but currently the progression of the night sky is a bit more of a concern to me.

# 142 Flaxseed Oil @ 02/24/16 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_OS
No love for Josh for best player in the game.

He won the MVP and he's on the cover of the game! Come on SCEA!!

Kidding guys. Keep up the great work! Game looks great!
Don't even joke about Mike Trout not being the best player in the game.

# 143 jb12780 @ 02/24/16 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind
You know, it's funny that you mention this, because I KNEW that outfielder wasn't going to catch that ball and I suspected the catcher wouldn't either. I also knew someone was going to call it out saying it was an animation bug, but in fact it was player error.

Fielding is a much more complicated beast in this game than most people realize. You should check out my Stongest and Weakest parts of your game thread: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...your-game.html

I talk a bit about "feathering". That's not all there is to fielding but it was a big boon to me.
That's why I auto field.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

# 144 baseball_fever @ 02/24/16 10:23 AM
Man, these guys work hard to please us! You guys are amazing and I think we all owe you a big thank you! Can not wait for the 29th of March!

# 145 agentlaw13 @ 02/24/16 10:26 AM
I like the fact they are offering us all new batting cams. I'll try the fisheye cam but I liked the look of the second one Ramone showed on the stream. Can't recall the name of it but it looks similar to one of my custom cams I use...it's slightly lower and zoomed out a bit. Can't wait to check the others out.

# 146 tessl @ 02/24/16 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arod2k9
I've been playing the Show since '09 I understand the scanning process completely. Buxton was in Spring Training in 2015 therefore he was probably scanned then, that's why I thought he would look true to life.

I don't think a player has to be part of MLBPA to get scan and when he makes his debut the year later he will be part of game. Heyward had a perfect scan after his first season. It didn't take 2 spring trainings to get him right it took only one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You must have missed the part about some players not wanting to be scanned and others have a chew in their mouth which prevents them from being scanned.

# 147 bronxbombers21325 @ 02/24/16 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
Small gripe here but it is bugging me! lol
I have been to few games at Chase field with the roof closed and the inside is not "Golden" in appearance like it is in this twitch stream. The roof looks yellow or gold when it is a lot darker or greyer, see below.
Why did they make is so yellow, I know everyone is going to say because that lights are on, but it is not how it looks.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...orth_Upper.jpg
I thought that it was sunlight coming through.

# 148 LastActionHero @ 02/24/16 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Yeah, there's something on the bottom right of that screen (licks thumb, rubs it on those pixels). Get it off!

So, I'm curious... I know they said the night lighting is still being worked on, but one thing this game has had since introducing time of day progression in '09 is a quick jump to the darkest night sky from the twilight sky within a span of maybe ten batters or so. Right now, it looks like a massive jump. I'm guessing there will be ones in between?

Again, totally being worked on and I get that. Just curious. I remember being duped in MLB '09 when we were told that the demo was just highlighting the jump and not showing the full course of action, even though that is exactly how it jumped in the final game (and if anyone want to make any claim that I wasn't duped, I have a thread for proof).

Still hoping for that "blue sky" someday, but currently the progression of the night sky is a bit more of a concern to me.

I believe they said in one of the streams it won't become pitch black anymore so we'll see.

Furtermore, the game is almost gold.

# 149 DirtyJerz32 @ 02/24/16 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin32
im so sick of how this game is rolled out every year. it makes no sense. just give us the info lol
This is how it's been for years and most other sports games do the same thing with the release of their features.

# 150 mike1409 @ 02/24/16 11:27 AM
This is a minor question and everything is looking great. Do we know if out of town score boards will update real time in franchise?

# 151 Cowboy008 @ 02/24/16 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1409
This is a minor question and everything is looking great. Do we know if out of town score boards will update real time in franchise?

You'll probably have to ask that next week during the franchise stream.

# 152 Blzer @ 02/24/16 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero
I believe they said in one of the streams it won't become pitch black anymore so we'll see.
Wait a minute... they're taking away the pitch black? That sounds like a step backward. Ambient light from inside the stadium is what causes the pitch black appearance outside the stadium.

# 153 tnixen @ 02/24/16 11:41 AM
Game is looking awesome but there are a few things that caught my eye that could be improved in the future.

1. I noticed in the new fish eye camera that it tilts left and right depending on if you have a right or left handed batter. And because of the tilt when you have a runner on 3rd base with a right handed batter at the plate you can not see the runner on 3rd at all he is completely hidden. I would have liked to see the fish eye camera without tilt.

2. The lighting looks fantastic however it goes from daylight to complete darkness way too quick!

3. I also noticed that in the Rogers Centre they brought back the scrolling team logo on the LED board around the stadium. I personally think the team name on those LED boards should not scroll at all just like how it was in the early videos it should be just static with only showing animations on home runs and stuff. Also realistically those LED boards should not even have the team name over and over again on them. They are missing a lot of in game stat LED's which Rogers Centre and all other stadiums have in real life.

4. While I will say that sunset coming though Chase Filed looks absolutely fantastic how realistic is it really? Like "jake44np" said does Chase Field actually look like that in real life when the sun is going down? While I really appreciate the lighting improvements I still want the lighting to reflect the real life stadiums as close as possible.

5. And last but not least I found it very interesting what Russell said how someone contacted him on twitter a few weeks ago showing him screenshots of that new section in Target Field and they actually got it in with less then 2 weeks before they ship. So this got me thinking if Sony can get that new section in Target Field in after someone shows them a screenshot with so little time left then why can't they get in upgrades for example things that I have sent them like 5+ yeas ago for Citizens Bank Park in? Of course I have yet to see Citizens Bank Park for 16 so perhaps lots of stuff finally got upgraded.

# 154 The Kid 24 @ 02/24/16 11:52 AM
Those licensed arm sleeves look awesome!

Would be really cool to see licensed arm bands/wrist bands in 17.

# 155 tnixen @ 02/24/16 12:00 PM
I also noticed the stat overlay where it shows the On deck batter is transparent and you can hardly see it. I am going to assume this is just happening becasue this build is still a WIP.

Hopefully that will not happen in the final game.

# 156 nemesis04 @ 02/24/16 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
I thought that it was sunlight coming through.
I thought that stadium faced straight up north? Which would be odd to see that much sun if it was that.

# 157 LastActionHero @ 02/24/16 12:04 PM
I know the pitcher can get a boost or decline in confidence during a mount visit. Would be cool it they can add a visual in the future where you can see how much it went up or down. Like put +4 next to the circle or something [emoji2]

# 158 DirtyJerz32 @ 02/24/16 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Those licensed arm sleeves were awesome!

Would be really cool to see licensed arm bands/wrist bands in 17.
Maybe it's in there, but something that haven't shown yet. With all the other licensed equipment and now sleeves, I'm sure it's coming.

Maybe Russell can comment on it if he sees this.

# 159 tessl @ 02/24/16 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero
I know the pitcher can get a boost or decline in confidence during a mount visit. Would be cool it they can add a visual in the future where you can see how much it went up or down. Like put +4 next to the circle or something [emoji2]
The blue is the visual. It will either increase, decrease or stay the same. In the case you displayed with only 25 pitches thrown for a starting pitcher I suspect it would decline.

# 160 HypoLuxa13 @ 02/24/16 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
I thought that stadium faced straight up north? Which would be odd to see that much sun if it was that.
I could see it being like that for a June game. The sun setting in the west-northwest. Based on last year's seasonal sun/shadow additions, I'm guessing the angle of the sun is actually right. But who knows if that much color would be in the sky that far around to the North? I just know it looks real purty...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.