Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

PlayStation Underground has just posted a new MLB The Show 16 gameplay video. Make sure you check it out and post your thoughts.

Quote:
Ramone Russell from San Diego Studio stops by to show off MLB The Show 16 on PS4. The gorgeous next chapter of the iconic baseball series features a dizzying number of upgrades and enhancements. It's also great for new players, so join us as we explore this incredible celebration of America's favorite pastime.

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Knight165 @ 02/24/16 02:42 PM
TBH.....I don't know if this is the reason for SCEA not using the tattoo's.....

But it is an issue in games....

M.K.
Knight165

# 42 Russell_SCEA @ 02/24/16 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Agreed. And the jump from 14-15 was also stark.

It is seriously gorgeous on 16.
This vid was shot last week, there are a lot of changes that happened in the past 7 days. The lighting you'll see in the next few streams will be all but final. We even had another break through late last night. So the lighting is better than what was seen in the stream from yesterday.

# 43 PsychoBulk @ 02/24/16 03:10 PM
Looking rather bloody good one must say.

# 44 Joedw @ 02/24/16 03:20 PM
Just can't wait to get my hands on this bad boy

# 45 HypoLuxa13 @ 02/24/16 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
This vid was shot last week, there are a lot of changes that happened in the past 7 days. The lighting you'll see in the next few streams will be all but final. We even had another break through late last night. So the lighting is better than what was seen in the stream from yesterday.

Oh my...

# 46 agentlaw13 @ 02/24/16 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Agreed. And the jump from 14-15 was also stark.

It is seriously gorgeous on 16.

And it all looks even better when it's on my actual tv screen instead of watching vids/streams on my phone or laptop. Bet we all will be blown away on release day by the way this game looks from the moment we play our first game!

# 47 Speedy @ 02/24/16 03:25 PM
Quote:
I cannot wait to see the PBR on the grass/dirt.

Target field and O.Co are such beautiful fields...I cannot wait to see The Show emulate them.

# 48 tnixen @ 02/24/16 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
I cannot wait to see the PBR on the grass/dirt.

Target field and O.Co are such beautiful fields...I cannot wait to see The Show emulate them.

Did that make it in?

# 49 dran1984 @ 02/24/16 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Why is the Dome open with bad weather?
I wonder if the option to manually close the roof was added very recent. Because in the video he is still saying that they choose for you. At the very least, maybe they just select it for you in RttS.

# 50 CrimsionXBL @ 02/24/16 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
I wonder if the option to manually close the roof was added very recent. Because in the video he is still saying that they choose for you. At the very least, maybe they just select it for you in RttS.
I believe in exhibition you have the ability to change it and in modes such as RTTS and Franchise it is determined for you based off the weather.

# 51 LastActionHero @ 02/24/16 03:55 PM
Quote:
We even had another break through late last night. So the lighting is better than what was seen in the stream from yesterday.
I always wonder how this goes. Does the lighting tech (for example) wrote this new sun reflection code that finally works and the lighting engine overal again got better with a few percent?

# 52 dran1984 @ 02/24/16 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by briguy4747
I don't think that the Mariners 3rd jersey (in the 1st game) is the correct colour yet....no tattoo on King Felix's neck ?
Yea, I'm not sure why they cant get the color right on it. It's way too dark.

Felix does have the tattoo on his neck in the video. It's clearly visible.

# 53 dran1984 @ 02/24/16 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsionXBL
I believe in exhibition you have the ability to change it and in modes such as RTTS and Franchise it is determined for you based off the weather.
Nope. In last nights stream Ramone said that they will give you a suggestion based on the weather but you can ultimately decide to close/open it in franchise.

# 54 CrimsionXBL @ 02/24/16 04:08 PM
Quote:
Nope. In last nights stream Ramone said that they will give you a suggestion based on the weather but you can ultimately decide to close/open it in franchise.
I heard that too, but then later on in the stream he did say it was randomly selected. So who really knows at this point

# 55 bcruise @ 02/24/16 04:09 PM
Quote:
If it's based off the weather, does that mean we'll have randomly selected weather this year (or an option for it)? Hadn't seen that mentioned.

# 56 HypoLuxa13 @ 02/24/16 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero
I always wonder how this goes. Does the lighting tech (for example) wrote this new sun reflection code that finally works and the lighting engine overal again got better with a few percent?
I don't know, but I would think at this point it might be more about optimization or something. Maybe they had to turn some filter off because it was affecting frame rates, and someone figured out how to get it running smoothly with it turned on? I don't think they would add something in a couple days before deadline that they actually hadn't got working yet.

Or maybe they would...?

# 57 dran1984 @ 02/24/16 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsionXBL
I heard that too, but then later on in the stream he did say it was randomly selected. So who really knows at this point
Yea, the whole thing is very confusing because they have said both multiple times. But he did specifically say last night that you could chose to close it manually in franchise.

# 58 dran1984 @ 02/24/16 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
If it's based off the weather, does that mean we'll have randomly selected weather this year (or an option for it)? Hadn't seen that mentioned.
I think he said that it was like it was in the past. Where they select the weather but you do get the option to change it. I for one like to have control over the weather so I hope that's the way it is.

# 59 LastActionHero @ 02/24/16 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
I don't think they would add something in a couple days before deadline that they actually hadn't got working yet.

Or maybe they would...?

Man with SCEA anything is possible haha!

# 60 goplen5 @ 02/24/16 05:47 PM
Love finally seeing the Mariners and Safeco Field! It looks beautiful, and I can't wait to play in it. The last thing I want to know is whether they got their cream jerseys in this year or not...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.