Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

PlayStation Underground has just posted a new MLB The Show 16 gameplay video. Make sure you check it out and post your thoughts.

Quote:
Ramone Russell from San Diego Studio stops by to show off MLB The Show 16 on PS4. The gorgeous next chapter of the iconic baseball series features a dizzying number of upgrades and enhancements. It's also great for new players, so join us as we explore this incredible celebration of America's favorite pastime.

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Stolm @ 02/25/16 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by godylla
I stayed away from last years version because '14 was too difficult for me. Even with sliders, and settings, I had a hard time hitting .300 with my RTTS. '16 looks like it might be more accessible to a guy with my skill set based on the back to back dingers. I might have to pick this up now.
Hitting .300 means you are a pretty great hitter, I would hope it would be challenging.

# 102 Turbojugend @ 02/25/16 12:05 PM
Quote:
I stayed away from last years version because '14 was too difficult for me. Even with sliders, and settings, I had a hard time hitting .300 with my RTTS. '16 looks like it might be more accessible to a guy with my skill set based on the back to back dingers. I might have to pick this up now.
Yeah, .300 is great. I'm playing RttS on HoF and struggling to hit .260.

And have you tried Dynamic Difficulty? I've found it works well for adjusting to your particular play level.

# 103 godylla @ 02/25/16 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
Yeah, .300 is great. I'm playing RttS on HoF and struggling to hit .260.

And have you tried Dynamic Difficulty? I've found it works well for adjusting to your particular play level.
I agree it shouldn't be a breeze to hit .300. But sometimes I don't want my video games to be "completely sim". There were times when I enjoyed the PS3 versions more where I could smash the ball and win batting titles by hitting .320+.

Also I didn't like how they changed the guess pitch. I liked the version where you could pick both the pitch and the location, and if you only got 1 right you still received feedback.

# 104 HypoLuxa13 @ 02/25/16 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
I second this motion. Add in the Dynamic Difficulty slider so you can control how quickly/slowly your difficulty adjusts, and MLB 15 was the best mix of challenge and fun I've ever had in any The Show game, and I've played them all since PS2.

# 105 tnixen @ 02/25/16 12:21 PM
Home plate has dirt on it I don't remember ever seeing that before.

Is that new?

# 106 joshtree14 @ 02/25/16 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Home plate has dirt on it I don't remember ever seeing that before.

Is that new?

Good catch eagle eye.

# 107 Skyboxer @ 02/25/16 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
It's been 24/7 since thanksgiving
And greatly appreciated...
Even in my current "No real time for gaming" mixed in with some lack of motivation to even turn a system on..
The Show always gets me excited and counting down the days until release.

# 108 Stolm @ 02/25/16 12:44 PM
Quote:
I agree it shouldn't be a breeze to hit .300. But sometimes I don't want my video games to be "completely sim". There were times when I enjoyed the PS3 versions more where I could smash the ball and win batting titles by hitting .320+.

Also I didn't like how they changed the guess pitch. I liked the version where you could pick both the pitch and the location, and if you only got 1 right you still received feedback.
I don't know why you feel this has changed, the game gets easier every year. And you can always lower the difficulty to beginner.

# 109 godylla @ 02/25/16 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolm
I don't know why you feel this has changed, the game gets easier every year. And you can always lower the difficulty to beginner.
While that may be your opinion, when I popped in '14 I went to the same settings as I had played on previous versions for multiple years. Since the results were not the same or even that close, I guess we will agree to disagree on the subject.

# 110 Factzzz @ 02/25/16 02:04 PM
It sucks Carlos Martinez doesn't have a face scan, i know it's not SCEA's fault,, but they could at least try to create something that looks like him instead of giving him a generic face.

Also sucks that Taijuan Walker didn't get a new pitching motion, because last year he changed it pretty drastically, going to an abbreviated windup, almost basically out of the stretch to every batter regardless of baserunners or not. And his one in the game never really looked like his delivery anyways.
Spoiler

Created players seemingly look better, can't wait to see the new hair and beard option.

As i feared, using the advance day feature in RTTS will lead to the exact same weather conditions for the whole series. At least that was the case when it was used here.

Again, the closed roofs look phenomenal, Seattle looked really good, hopefully they can get King's Court in the one area down the left field line.

Also wanted to point out that Carlos Correa wore the Hurrache cleats for a lot of last year along with the vapor trouts. The cleats are in the game, so might as well put them on the players who actually wore them.
Spoiler

I hate seeing almost all Nike athletes have on the same Nike Air Max Cleats. It seems like no one in the streams has even had on the Vapor Trout 2s except for Trout, that's just not accurate.

# 111 Russell_SCEA @ 02/25/16 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
It sucks Carlos Martinez doesn't have a face scan, i know it's not SCEA's fault,, but they could at least try to create something that looks like him instead of giving him a generic face.

Also sucks that Taijuan Walker didn't get a new pitching motion, because last year he changed it pretty drastically, going to an abbreviated windup, almost basically out of the stretch to every batter regardless of baserunners or not. And his one in the game never really looked like his delivery anyways.
Spoiler

Created players seemingly look better, can't wait to see the new hair and beard option.

As i feared, using the advance day feature in RTTS will lead to the exact same weather conditions for the whole series. At least that was the case when it was used here.

Again, the closed roofs look phenomenal, Seattle looked really good, hopefully they can get King's Court in the one area down the left field line.

Also wanted to point out that Carlos Correa wore the Hurrache cleats for a lot of last year along with the vapor trouts. The cleats are in the game, so might as well put them on the players who actually wore them.
Spoiler

I hate seeing almost all Nike athletes have on the same Nike Air Max Cleats. It seems like no one in the streams has even had on the Vapor Trout 2s except for Trout, that's just not accurate.

Character artists have 7 to 10 teams a person so lets do the math. That's the 40 man roster x 7 x 10 uniforms per MLB Team x 2 uniforms per minor league team. The artists in most cases have no idea if someone is an elite player or not. Most of them aren't baseball fans their job is to use the resources given to them to create the best looking assets within the time-frame they are given. Carlos Martinez means nothing he's just a face on a roster.

There are over 750 players in the MLB we have 4 animators. Every year we add over 500 animations. This year we added over 1k which includes 120 new pitching windup's and stretch animations, 140 new batting stances, 150 re-captured batting stances, 120 new re-captured pitching motions which some of you still complained about lol. Not the mention the over 500 new feilding, catching, DP turns, dives, relay throws, foul ball catches, and catcher force out animations.

I also don't know how many times we have to tell you that everything is still a WIP. Player equipment is one of the last things to happen in the game.

# 112 bayman @ 02/25/16 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
Everything you ever post is a complaint, starting a sentence with "I hate" is completely redundant for you.

# 113 ElectricAggie @ 02/25/16 03:09 PM
Quote:
The artists in most cases have no idea if someone is an elite player or not. Most of them aren't baseball fans their job is to use the resources given to them to create the best looking assets within the time-frame they are given. Carlos Martinez means nothing he's just a face on a roster.
One of the great things you allowed for last season was to take the faces created by the community and put them into the actual game roster file. The community members are a great resource to go to for creating accurate faces using the player editor. Carlos Martinez means something to at least one member of the community

My suggestion would be to lean more on the community for face creating (if that is something that is allowed). What some of the members do (specifically Motown) is truly remarkable.

# 114 Factzzz @ 02/25/16 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayman
Everything you ever post is a complaint, starting a sentence with "I hate" is completely redundant for you.
Well that's not true, but people will see what they want to see.

I post what comes to mind when i'm watching whatever video/stream it is, if it's positive, so be it, if it's negative, so be it. As long as it's not disrespectful.

# 115 dran1984 @ 02/25/16 03:13 PM

# 116 BSUFAN @ 02/25/16 03:13 PM
Quote:
Character artists have 7 to 10 teams a person so lets do the math. That's the 40 man roster x 7 x 10 uniforms per MLB Team x 2 uniforms per minor league team. The artists in most cases have no idea if someone is an elite player or not. Most of them aren't baseball fans their job is to use the resources given to them to create the best looking assets within the time-frame they are given. Carlos Martinez means nothing he's just a face on a roster.

There are over 750 players in the MLB we have 4 animators. Every year we add over 500 animations. This year we added over 1k which includes 120 new pitching windup's and stretch animations, 140 new batting stances, 150 re-captured batting stances, 120 new re-captured pitching motions which some of you still complained about lol. Not the mention the over 500 new feilding, catching, DP turns, dives, relay throws, foul ball catches, and catcher force out animations.

I also don't know how many times we have to tell you that everything is still a WIP. Player equipment is one of the last things to happen in the game.
You can't please everyone, sometimes you can't please anyone !!!

# 117 adam42381 @ 02/25/16 05:27 PM
Quote:

I also miss the Classic 1/4 guess pitch option. I wish they'd bring that back.

# 118 Knight165 @ 02/25/16 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSUFAN
You can't please everyone, sometimes you can't please anyone !!!
What's that saying?.....from Ghandi I believe...
You can't please everyone...so screw 'em!

M.K.
Knight165

# 119 dran1984 @ 02/25/16 05:42 PM
The Twins road pants have the stripe this year

# 120 Turbojugend @ 02/25/16 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
The Twins road pants have the stripe this year
I know a certain gnome that is going to explode!!!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.