Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

The MLB The Show 16 Twitch livestream has begun, post your thoughts here!

For those that miss out, we will update this post with the archive, when it has completed.

UPDATE: Here is the archive.

...and here is the epic bat flip from Jose Bautista.

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 thaSLAB @ 02/26/16 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy_Long

i say zebra b/c it's the only thing i can compare it to. it should just be one solid blue padding color, which i believe we saw in the stream. it's just hard to tell when it's in the shade.
Oh ok. That's not what I was talking about, but I would think that the PBR has fixed that particular issue.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

# 162 ShowTyme15 @ 02/26/16 04:14 PM
I wonder if the cyber face workaround is still in this year?

# 163 AncientDiety @ 02/26/16 04:18 PM
My Apologies if this has already been revealed, talked about....What about more stat overlays in games, advanced stats like WAR? The show has always been lacking in this department imo, WAR is one of the biggest stats today and it not being in the game seems odd to me.

# 164 BrianU @ 02/26/16 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Can't be optional, fast play only for optimal online performance. It's the tradeoff that has to be made or you'd never finish a game.
This isn't an issue for me because I would never use it but I think people are asking for this option not in matchmade games versus random people that are ranked, but for us against friends and in opt-in online leagues.

Not wanting to be annoying but I came across this 'issue' playing playing vs friends in MLB 15, as many people it appears have had too, where you hit the touchpad and send a challenge but your friend never receives it. With DD adding play vs friends I thought it should be mentioned. http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-mlb-15-a.html

# 165 Factzzz @ 02/26/16 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientDiety
My Apologies if this has already been revealed, talked about....What about more stat overlays in games, advanced stats like WAR? The show has always been lacking in this department imo, WAR is one of the biggest stats today and it not being in the game seems odd to me.
WAR is in the game this year, they've shown it in multiple streams.

Some of the other sabermetrics are not though.

# 166 AncientDiety @ 02/26/16 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
WAR is in the game this year, they've shown it in multiple streams.

Some of the other sabermetrics are not though.
Sweet...what about the stats during games? That's always really been missing. Other then this though game looks amazing.

# 167 The Kid 24 @ 02/26/16 04:36 PM
Curious to know if they gave Nolan Arenado a hair cut?

# 168 MrOldboy @ 02/26/16 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientDiety
Sweet...what about the stats during games? That's always really been missing. Other then this though game looks amazing.

They talked a lot about how the commentary will use your franchise stats, but didn't talk much about visuals. Like if a guy hits his 30th HR and ties the league leader will we get a stay overlay while he rounds the bases? Or even during an at bat when a hitter is close to a record, league leader or milestone will we see some stat info visually to let us know? I didn't hear much about that, but if the commentary is going to mention them I have to assume they also have some visuals to go along with them.

# 169 bronxbombers21325 @ 02/26/16 04:46 PM
Can't wait to see the arial for the yankees. Really hoping for a night time shot of the Empire State Building. I'll be happy with whatever they put, but I think that would look awesome.

# 170 AceAmy @ 02/26/16 04:56 PM
One thing I noticed with those arial shots, it was just them alone, they are a really cool touch but it would be nice to have a scorebug at the bottom to personalize it more. Especially if it were similar to the score overviews they do in the 6th inning of games.

# 171 Russell_SCEA @ 02/26/16 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
This isn't an issue for me because I would never use it but I think people are asking for this option not in matchmade games versus random people that are ranked, but for us against friends and in opt-in online leagues.

Not wanting to be annoying but I came across this 'issue' playing playing vs friends in MLB 15, as many people it appears have had too, where you hit the touchpad and send a challenge but your friend never receives it. With DD adding play vs friends I thought it should be mentioned. http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-mlb-15-a.html
You would never finish a game if we allowed Hybrid or Broadcast presentations in online. What's the point if you can't even play it?

# 172 mpulse24 @ 02/26/16 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
How high do you think the number needs to be moved up on the back of the Jerseys?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
An inch maybe 1.5 inches, hard to say. The numbers need moved up very badly, even on the jerseys with names on the back.

The better they make the game look, the more the uniform templates are going to stand out and look bad.
This has actually always been an issue with me ever since I got back into the series in 2008, the uniform numbers have always looked unrealistically low. Its an issue that, imo, really needs to be addressed next year, its literally the only thing that breaks that realistic immersion for me. This was something I was going to post about, but I figured I would wait until an MLB 17 improvements thread was made later on this year.

But seeing you guys mentioned it, I feel the number placement would be perfect if they cut the gap between the name and number in half......

With the jerseys that have no name on the back, the numbers should sit even higher up than that.

# 173 HustlinOwl @ 02/26/16 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
You would never finish a game if we allowed Hybrid or Broadcast presentations in online. What's the point if you can't even play it?
Finished ton of online games in 14 with presentation on, now if it has to do with network stability then yea I get it, but because of length sorry not buying it

# 174 pjs24 @ 02/26/16 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceAmy
It seems like this year (or last years cycle) would have been the perfect time to replace Matt and the team. I know he has ties to San Diego and obviously has had a connection with someone at SCEA for along time. However with all the work and good ideas put in this year, this was the year to replace him. He's good but just too old for this game its been what 11 years I heard?
There is all this new content but the same guy it still feels stale from hearing the stream. It sounds like a great step forward just with the wrong guy IMO
could be worse though
I think that's just people's desire for the unknown. There are no tangible, sound reasons to move away from Matt. They have so much stuff already recorded with him, he's pretty good, and of course the proximity. There is no value prop to them change. None at all.

# 175 Russell_SCEA @ 02/26/16 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
Finished ton of online games in 14 with presentation on, now if it has to do with network stability then yea I get it, but because of length sorry not buying it
We re-wrote over half the code for online in 15 so there's that little detail.

# 176 bronxbombers21325 @ 02/26/16 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyp2002
This has actually always been an issue with me ever since I got back into the series in 2008, the uniform numbers have always looked unrealistically low. Its an issue that, IMO really needs to be addressed next year, its literally the only thing that breaks that realistic immersion for me. This was something I was going to post about, but I figured I would wait until a MLB 17 improvements thread was made later on this year.

But seeing you guys mentioned it, I feel the number placement would be perfect if they cut the gap between the name and number in half. With the jerseys that have no name on the back, the numbers should sit even higher up than that.

For uniforms with no names. The top of the number should be sitting where the middle of the E is at in your pic.

# 177 mpulse24 @ 02/26/16 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
For uniforms with no names. The top of the number should be sitting where the middle of the E is at in your pic.
I agree, the top of numbers on nameless jerseys should be placed right around that point on the back. With where they are placed now, the numbers really throw off the look of Yankee jerseys (and Red Sox home jerseys).

# 178 Jolly Roger @ 02/26/16 06:31 PM
I'm more concerned with the fact that they accidentally used Ice-T's face in place of Mookie Betts'.

# 179 WaitTilNextYear @ 02/26/16 08:40 PM
Just finished watching the stream.

Pros

-The whole idea of 'threading' and having a conversational approach where the story/conversation can be tabled/re-started depending on game action is a great idea. Real broadcasts are more like this and less one liners about just factual things going on. It will be interesting to see as more and more of this content is added.

-The idea of the announcers having a "memory" of what they've already said is also a fantastic idea so they stop repeating earlier lines. Also good on them for ridding the game of the "does he need to throw his curveball for strikes?" conversation. The fact that I can quote Steve Lyons' response to this question even after not turning the game on in over a month shows how tired that particular exchange became.

-The ground ball and fly ball apex content brings a little more zest and specificity to playing defense. In the past, I always liked it when I'd get the "and the ball lands in the gap between outfielder X and outfielder Y" lines. Rarely were the names ever spoken on defense and this will make that part of the game seem less robotic.

-The "aerial" shots in each city (and having a nighttime shot and a daytime shot) is a welcome addition. A lot of teams show either interesting shots of fans, the city, or the outside stadium when going to commercial or coming back from commercial breaks.

-Sounds like they added helmet rubs for the Cubs. Or in the words of Kirby: "Helmet rubs.......indeed."

Cons

-I wasn't impressed with the batter walk-up replies by Lyons and think that will get really stale really quickly. It seems like it's all a variation of "this player is hitting above XXX average in his past 10 games" or "this player is hitting below XXX in his past 10 games and needs to pick it up." For adding hundreds/thousands of these lines, it already sounded stale.

-The commentary team is in a bit of a weird spot where they have such a huge amount of lines of commentary that adding in almost 15,000 new lines (as was advertised in this stream) is hardly noticeable. When watching the Dodgers-Angels game, I could identify almost all of the lines as being in the game before.

-The bottom line is that Steve Lyons and Eric Karros probably need to be replaced. Vasgersian is fine and it would be impractical to replace him, but Lyons and Karros just don't add much and it would be wise to start recording lines for replacement color guys.

-I got the feeling from the presentation/commentary "fact sheet" that they just re-stated "we have xx new lines of commentary" in about 17 different ways to make it seem like there were bigger and more drastic changes than there actually were. The true test was when they let the game play out, and it basically sounded the same as it would've in '15.

# 180 cubby blue @ 02/26/16 09:19 PM
I'm still enjoying '15. I'm going to be really pumped on the 29th.

The commentary definitely needed to be improved. The color analysis was horrible and non-existent.

Can't wait to here about the franchise improvements.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.