Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

Check out the latest MLB The Show 16 video, featuring Ramone Russell going over "The Little Things" added to the game this year.

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 zrtelford @ 02/29/16 10:38 PM
the immersion of this game is going to be epic. I really appreciate a team like this doing as much as they do, on a limited dev cycle that sports games demand. You and the nba 2k team are top notch and the pinnacle of sports gaming development IMO thanks.

# 82 Jgrillo5 @ 02/29/16 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
Was it posted in this thread? I think sydrogerdavid mentioned it a few days before those articles, but details were minimal. And yes, an actual rendering helps tremendously.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d.php?t=849667

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Ya he did post the article and a picture of the construction in progress. I wish they would have put out renderings but unfortunately that wasn't the case. Hopefully next year we'll see them.

# 83 GoFlaPanthers @ 02/29/16 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm2054
I did that two years ago no disappointment. I only use my ps4 for the show and love it
Exactly my plan haha

Thanks for the welcome fellas

# 84 Arod2k9 @ 03/01/16 12:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidgames
I am thinking the Mariners Sunday unis didn't make it in again this season? Kings Court looks good!

Ramone confirmed in Twitter that is not in as uniform is worn only on home Sunday's 11 out 162 games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 85 KennyJ1976 @ 03/01/16 04:25 AM
No new cleats this year? Particularly New Balance and Adidas. Maybe I missed it or they haven't mentioned them yet.

# 86 Da-Man @ 03/01/16 06:36 AM
Multiple broadcast presentations is something EVERY sports game should have from now on.

Sent from my SM-A300H using Tapatalk

# 87 Lisac @ 03/01/16 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyJ1976
No new cleats this year? Particularly New Balance and Adidas. Maybe I missed it or they haven't mentioned them yet.
No New Balance or Adidas this year!

# 88 Cowboy008 @ 03/01/16 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyJ1976
They have added new cleats but not any new brands.

# 89 tessl @ 03/01/16 12:51 PM
I'm curious about something I noticed in the video.

https://youtu.be/HopezkT2fF4?t=64

They show 3 players attributes with very large changes in some attributes in one week's time. The first player shown went from 63 to 76 in one week. What mode is it? Please tell me that isn't franchise.

# 90 sydrogerdavid @ 03/01/16 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBucs
Probably the white 1971 alt they wore the last few years on Sundays. That's my guess...
Now the question is, what did they replace them with in the throwback slot? The white pinstripes. Black top with yellow pants? Or did they just swap them with the 71 throwbacks? It will be interesting to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgrillo5
Ya he did post the article and a picture of the construction in progress. I wish they would have put out renderings but unfortunately that wasn't the case. Hopefully next year we'll see them.

The problem I have is that we have absolutely no idea what the graphics will look like for either scoreboard or any ribbon around the stadium in real life.

I mean, where are the lineups going to be? Will they be right next to each other like they were on the old board? Will they be on opposite sides? Will they keep the line score and balls and strikes in the same location? What about advertisements? My guess is that the game operation people will create something brand new, and that could change throughout the whole ballpark.

I guess The Show artist for Busch could have put in the new scoreboards and created some completely new graphics as they may have done with other stadiums in the past. I don't know how long that would have taken, but I think it would take longer than two months.

If there are enough Cardinal fans willing to take pictures of all the new graphics of all the boards around the stadium, there is a good chance that they could be perfect by next year. I probably won't get to any games this year as I'll be too busy in Nashville with the Sounds.

# 91 Kalkano @ 03/01/16 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl

They show 3 players attributes with very large changes in some attributes in one week's time. The first player shown went from 63 to 76 in one week. What mode is it? Please tell me that isn't franchise.
I think (and hope) that is just a live roster update, meaning they updated their ratings to reflect what's happening in real life.

# 92 jmik58 @ 03/01/16 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl

It's the same thing that Madden and NBA 2K does with regular roster updates based on real life performances. Based on real life performance, they update rosters regularly so you can download them for offline use. I'm guessing it applies to online use as well. It doesn't do anything to an existing Franchise or RTTS.

# 93 tessl @ 03/01/16 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
It's the same thing that Madden and NBA 2K does with regular roster updates based on real life performances. Based on real life performance, they update rosters regularly so you can download them for offline use. I'm guessing it applies to online use as well. It doesn't do anything to an existing Franchise or RTTS.
Cool - must just be a new graphic. I've downloaded live roster updates before and don't remember seeing that display.

# 94 BrutusBuckeye21 @ 03/01/16 01:40 PM
I was wondering if I could help with Minute Maid Park? Probably too late for this year's game but I'd like to help make it more accurate. I have blueprints of the stadium and know that place inside and out. If someone from the dev team would like input, please contact me!

# 95 dran1984 @ 03/01/16 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutusBuckeye21
I was wondering if I could help with Minute Maid Park? Probably too late for this year's game but I'd like to help make it more accurate. I have blueprints of the stadium and know that place inside and out. If someone from the dev team would like input, please contact me!
I'd say that's a pretty good guess...

# 96 thaSLAB @ 03/01/16 02:22 PM
Quote:
Any info is appreciated. Feel free to share in this thread: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d.php?t=849667

Or, pm me if you want to send something direct. There's tons of info already available for MMP (currently my home stadium), but the more the merrier!

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

# 97 TheWarmWind @ 03/01/16 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
Turn the understatement array to maximum!

# 98 BrutusBuckeye21 @ 03/01/16 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
Haha yeah, I meant to add "but perhaps for next year's game". That made me look pretty stupid!

# 99 dran1984 @ 03/01/16 05:54 PM
Quote:
Haha yeah, I meant to add "but perhaps for next year's game". That made me look pretty stupid!
LOL not stupid. Sometimes typing up a post its easy to leave something out.

# 100 thiel82 @ 03/01/16 09:43 PM
I'm glad the classic stadiums are back on ps4, but they should have always been there.

I'd love to see some of the recent parks that have been in The Show come back. Yankee Stadium, Sun Life, etc. Devs already have the scans for these.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.