Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

Sony San Diego has just released another MLB The Show 16 video. This one features everything you want to know about Franchise mode, including player morale, free agent signings, blockbuster trade notifications, and updated budgets.

Other little improvements include new GM goals, an authentic 20-80 scale for scouting and more. More details will arrive on their Twitch stream, scheduled for Thursday, March 3 at 5:00 PM ET.

Watch the video here
to find out what Luis Martinez from the Developer team has to say about it.

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 ryanmc564 @ 03/01/16 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
Thing is, that does happen in real baseball. Example: Dexter Fowler

lol, dexter fowler..... has to be the biggest idiot in baseball at the moment.

# 42 eric7064 @ 03/01/16 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceAmy
also hope awards have a different way of being handed out. Just because so and so has 18 wins but an era of 335. doesnt mean he should win over another pitcher who has 16 wins and a .205 era.
stolen bases are completely ignored for position players as well when it comes to awards
Agreed. Can't tell you how many players won undeserved just because they had more wins. Or more HRS.

A .310 35 100 guy would lose to a .245 45 100 guy.

# 43 Mike Lowe @ 03/01/16 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
Spring training Does count as an option if they are on your 40 man. That goes for real life as well. They have that right.

http://www.purplerow.com/2009/2/12/7...tions-part-two

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Correct, but I don't believe non-roster invitees (guys not on 40 man roster) should lose an option. If I recall, The Show takes an option away from these guys as well.

# 44 eric7064 @ 03/01/16 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmc564
lol, dexter fowler..... has to be the biggest idiot in baseball at the moment.
How? Nobody signs Qual offer. And he wants to be apart of the first World Series in 108 years with guys he loves. Did you ever think it's not all money.

Plus the Orioles are known as being very hard to negotiate with I'm MLB

# 45 Cowboy008 @ 03/01/16 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gharp14
Doesn't seem like awards won are gonna be tracked. Really disappointing if true
They said in the last stream that the commentators will talk about if a player has won an award the following season. So I'm hoping since the commentators will be able to remember it and talk about it that we will be able to see awards won.

# 46 dran1984 @ 03/01/16 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
Correct, but I don't believe non-roster invitees (guys not on 40 man roster) should lose an option. If I recall, The Show takes an option away from these guys as well.
Non-Roster players haven't been able to be used in ST in the Show. In order to use them you have had to put them on the 40-man. That's why the non-roster invitees are such a needed addition.

# 47 Godgers12 @ 03/01/16 03:41 PM
So I guess it would be asking too much, to ask for sortable rookie stats as well? Any possible way Rusell and his team could add that last minute?

# 48 sydrogerdavid @ 03/01/16 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley3
Nice! I wonder what David Ortiz waving to the fans was all about? His last game at Fenway or did he reach a milestone? Very cool feature whatever it is!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's just how The Show does curtain calls, but with a different camera angle. I saw the same thing when I hit homers #4 and #5 with Heyward during one game.

# 49 ryanmc564 @ 03/01/16 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric7064
How? Nobody signs Qual offer. And he wants to be apart of the first World Series in 108 years with guys he loves. Did you ever think it's not all money.

nobody you say? matt wieters, coby rasmus and brett Anderson all come to mind who did sign QO's this offseason, and I don't care who you are, you leave 8 million on the table to go back to the same team that offered you more money, classifies you as a idiot in my opinion.

# 50 dran1984 @ 03/01/16 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric7064

Correction. 3 Players accepted a QO this year.

And the Orioles offered around 3 years/33M. Fowler chose to take what equates to 1/13M from the Cubs. Has nothing to due with the Orioles negotiating because he rejected a better deal from them.

# 51 tabarnes19_SDS @ 03/01/16 03:49 PM
I really love the stats and how they have made them sortable and have the teams played on. Only thing I noticed, that I didn't like, was it looks like if a player is traded their teams are not tracked that year, unless they are stored somewhere else.

# 52 smiley3 @ 03/01/16 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydrogerdavid
That's just how The Show does curtain calls, but with a different camera angle. I saw the same thing when I hit homers #4 and #5 with Heyward during one game.

I doubt it he was practically behind home plate lol

# 53 dran1984 @ 03/01/16 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
I really love the stats and how they have made them sortable and have the teams played on. Only thing I noticed, that I didn't like, was it looks like if a player is traded their teams are not tracked that year, unless they are stored somewhere else.
I'm guessing it might be a formatting issue and they are only able to add one value in the field. Just a guess as to why.

# 54 tabarnes19_SDS @ 03/01/16 04:04 PM
I'm really excited to dig into this. They have done alot of great things to franchise. Nice Job Luis and crew!!

# 55 dran1984 @ 03/01/16 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley3
I doubt it he was practically behind home plate lol

Yea, that's not the normal curtain call presentation. I'm assuming it has something to do with his retirement.

# 56 TheWarmWind @ 03/01/16 04:11 PM
To be honest I wasn't really overwhelmed by the video. Don't get me wrong, I'll use those extra stats and budget planner, both make my franchising easier and more convenient. But there wasn't really that WOW reveal that the other modes have gotten (at least for me, I know some of you stat heads are going crazy out there).

HOWEVER, I've been so impressed with the rest of the game so far, and I count those thousands of new animations, human IK, and closed roof stadiums as massive franchise upgrades, so I'm still super happy. I guess it's been such a deluge of awesome reveals for the show. I was just hoping that SDS had another ace up their sleeve for the franchise section that was going to make me fanboy even harder, but I guess the 15 someodd they've already revealed is enough :P.

# 57 Speedy @ 03/01/16 04:12 PM
Really good addition at seeing the salary or ARB/FA year a player will hit next year.

# 58 YeOldTonk @ 03/01/16 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
Yeah. It's official. My wife is going to leave me when this comes out. Haha.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

You'll get used to it. Mine left me three years ago. Now I have total control!

# 59 Factzzz @ 03/01/16 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind
To be honest I wasn't really overwhelmed by the video. Don't get me wrong, I'll use those extra stats and budget planner, both make my franchising easier and more convenient. But there wasn't really that WOW reveal that the other modes have gotten (at least for me, I know some of you stat heads are going crazy out there).

HOWEVER, I've been so impressed with the rest of the game so far, and I count those thousands of new animations, human IK, and closed roof stadiums as massive franchise upgrades, so I'm still super happy. I guess it's been such a deluge of awesome reveals for the show. I was just hoping that SDS had another ace up their sleeve for the franchise section that was going to make me fanboy even harder, but I guess the 15 someodd they've already revealed is enough :P.
I don't think RTTS got any WOW reveals tbh, but i thought player morale was a pretty big wow addition for franchise with the way it'll play a role in contract negotiations and it adds a whole new element that wasn't present in franchise before.

I'm not a franchise guy though, so what do i know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
Yea, that's not the normal curtain call presentation. I'm assuming it has something to do with his retirement.
I'm guessing it has something to do with reaching a milestone (600 career homeruns for example). If it had something to do with retirement, that would mean a player would have to announce their retirement during the season, in order to get that presentation in the last game or whatever.

# 60 tabarnes19_SDS @ 03/01/16 04:16 PM
I'm really interested in hearing more about the logic changes and small nuisances that have been changed. I wonder if they had time to expand on the transaction log to see the entire season instead of resetting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.