Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

Amazon has posted some MLB The Show 16 Conquest and Battle Royale details. We should see a trailer and a Twitch stream during the week. For now, post your thoughts!

Battle Royale Mode
The ultimate high-stakes Diamond Dynasty experience, this mode challenges users to take a drafted squad through a single-player, online tournament. Each win will bring a new set of rewards closer, but only the best players will stand the Battle Royale test.

ShowTime
Experience baseball's most epic plays like never before. ShowTime takes critical in-game Road To The Show moments and slows them down to give you maximum control. Make Gold Glove plays and come through in the clutch with this empowering tool that allows finer, more focused user control.

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 eric7064 @ 03/05/16 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
I get that you online franchise guys are mad at online franchise not getting some of the same features as offline franchise but complaining about it in every thread certainly doesn't help things.
While I'm not saying its right to complain in every thread, there is no other way to show that Online Franchisers are mad without saying something.

Silence will just end in the same result as last year.

# 42 MrOldboy @ 03/05/16 08:18 PM
I have to also concede I am confused by the negative sentiment towards DD getting development attention. The dev team stated it is near RTTS in popularity and if that is true then DD is their largest revenue stream for the game post launch. I've said it before, but the more money SDS makes Sony, the more development resources they get which benefits everyone. I have no problem with SDS putting the most resources into what will create the most revenue.

# 43 Russell_SCEA @ 03/05/16 08:42 PM
There's a lot of incorrect info in this thread and in the leaked Amazon bullets. I wouldn't make assumptions on anything and just wait to the GS Monday vid for the feature reveal.

# 44 bcruise @ 03/05/16 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
There's a lot of incorrect info in this thread and in the leaked Amazon bullets. I wouldn't make assumptions on anything and just wait to the GS Monday vid for the feature reveal.
Wouldn't be the first time that happened. Looking forward to the reveal!

# 45 thaSLAB @ 03/05/16 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger
So they're both just extensions of Diamond Dynasty? Dude...
Uh, no...

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

# 46 MrOldboy @ 03/05/16 09:16 PM
Quote:
I think our assumption is that SDS provided that info for the bullets. If Amazon generated those themselves then it means nothing. Still hoping that one is single player and one is multiplayer based on the mode titles that SDS has given them.

# 47 OUSOONERS#1 @ 03/05/16 09:55 PM
Wow !!! Two new modes dedicated to DD .. If it becomes truth then all I can say is I can not wait till X-Box and EA- Sports wakes up !!!

# 48 Denzel Washington @ 03/05/16 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUSOONERS#1
Wow !!! Two new modes dedicated to DD .. If it becomes truth then all I can say is I can not wait till X-Box and EA- Sports wakes up !!!
YA!!!! How dare they support one of their most popular modes!!!!

# 49 Knight165 @ 03/05/16 10:04 PM
Quote:
Some of us can't wait either.

M.K.
Knight165

# 50 Denzel Washington @ 03/05/16 10:07 PM
I feel like some people would be less upset had Conquest and battle royale not been created. And that is extremely petty

# 51 letsgomets75 @ 03/05/16 10:12 PM
Quote:
I loved MVP but if EA made another baseball title, it would only disappoint. If you think SDS puts too much time into a card based mode, then you haven't played an EA game recently. Every Madden and FIFA that comes out is based around their ultimate team mode. EA hasn't given FIFA an overhaul in their version of franchise in at least 5 years. DD has finally taken off for SDS, so I don't blame them for trying to make it even better.

# 52 Knight165 @ 03/05/16 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgomets75
I loved MVP but if EA made another baseball title, it would only disappoint. If you think SDS puts too much time into a card based mode, then you haven't played an EA game recently. Every Madden and FIFA that comes out is based around their ultimate team mode. EA hasn't given FIFA an overhaul in their version of franchise in at least 5 years. DD has finally taken off for SDS, so I don't blame them for trying to make it even better.
Shhh....some guys still think it's 2005.
Don't wake them up....they're still dreaming.

M.K.
Knight165

# 53 OUSOONERS#1 @ 03/05/16 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgomets75
Yes I've played Madden and I have no problems with card based modes .. Two new modes dedicated to the third most played mode in this game jus screams at you .. This game has not changed player models since the PS2 and the grass in most stadiums i don't even no what to say about it .. Expansion -relocation-create -a-stadium with pinch of DD added into franchise I would think been the way to go .. You could still micopinch for money even thru that method .. This game needs a weekly highlight show far more then subpar daily radio show .. Also why was weekly paper and gm aspects of merchandise seating concessions taking out .. I for one enjoyed them far more then last years radio show nonsense ..

# 54 letsgomets75 @ 03/05/16 11:01 PM
Quote:
Yes I've played Madden and I have no problems with card based modes .. Two new modes dedicated to the third most played mode in this game jus screams at you .. This game has not changed player models since the PS2 and the grass in most stadiums i don't even no what to say about it .. Expansion -relocation-create -a-stadium with pinch of DD added into franchise I would think been the way to go .. You could still micopinch for money even thru that method .. This game needs a weekly highlight show far more then subpar daily radio show .. Also why was weekly paper and gm aspects of merchandise seating concessions taking out .. I for one enjoyed them far more then last years radio show nonsense ..
You're absolutely right about the player models as that is an aspect that definitely needs improving. One of my biggest issues is fixing the interleague schedule year to year. Considering this seems a lot harder then I think, I don't see expansion ever happening. Relocation would be interesting and somewhat feasible. I don't see create-a-stadium ever happening. For the level of customization that people want, it's just not possible. Also games are all simulated not played so a highlight show is also not really possible. I'll give the radio show a chance. I wish more of an owner feel was back. It might be the 3rd most played mode, but considering DD is the another revenue stream, SDS is going to push it more and more every year. I also think Battle Royale and Conquest were necessary. DD in '15 was just playing random games online or vs the CPU. No real objective. I didn't play much DD, but from what I saw, it needed new ways to play.

# 55 GWPump23 @ 03/05/16 11:22 PM
ALL franchise mode, ALL the time (literally all my free time) here...

Would have liked more additions & all of the developer's time focused on the mode, but it's not all about me/us franchise guys...

Very happy with the additions to franchise news this year & looking to getting this game like I do every year ;-)

-GW-

# 56 bravesvolsfan @ 03/05/16 11:32 PM
Interesting... Battle Royale is essentially Draft Champions, a mode I use quite often in Madden 16, interested to find out more.

# 57 Dolenz @ 03/06/16 12:33 AM
Quote:
Two new modes dedicated to the third most played mode in this game jus screams at you
Per one of the twitch streams, DD is the second most played mode and gaining ground on RTTS, which is the leader. So Franchise is more than likely the third most played mode, unless Exhibition mode or HR derby surpasses it.

# 58 legacyme3 @ 03/06/16 02:25 AM
Conquest interests me greatly.

Primarily a Franchise guy, but I'm intrigued.

# 59 HustlinOwl @ 03/06/16 02:32 AM
Quote:
oh well just assuming on the information that somehow gets leaked?? Earlier fact sheets squashes all of this lol

# 60 redsox4evur @ 03/06/16 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
oh well just assuming on the information that somehow gets leaked?? Earlier fact sheets squashes all of this lol
No it doesn't...wasn't it last year when Gamestop had Human IK as a feature listed on their website? And we got a fact sheet last year.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.