Home
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR News Post

As mentioned yesterday, the Oakmont Country Club is available now for Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR. You can play the course in Play Now, Career, Online Head to Head and Online Tournament modes. Play a few rounds and let us know what you think.

Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR screenshot gallery - Click to view Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR screenshot gallery - Click to view Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Rory McIlroy PGA TOURReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 12 - View All
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Videos
Member Comments
# 1 OnlookerDelay @ 03/08/16 08:08 AM
Are there no other updates to the game itself with this release? I was hoping to at least get the sound effects for the other player(s) in turn based multiplayer play, and perhaps some improvements to "Pro View" such that you can actually follow the ball when using it.

# 2 MrArlingtonBeach @ 03/08/16 08:23 AM
I just read on the EA forums that the update with Oakmont is 8.4 GB...surely that means something else was added, right??? *fingers crossed*

# 3 DivotMaker @ 03/08/16 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
I just read on the EA forums that the update with Oakmont is 8.4 GB...surely that means something else was added, right??? *fingers crossed*
Likely a cumulative update from the first update as the last one was 7GB and change....

# 4 MrArlingtonBeach @ 03/08/16 09:45 AM
Ah, gotcha. Makes sense...thanks.

I'm looking forward to giving Oakmont a go after work tonight...guessing the greens will be unforgiving.

# 5 Steve_OS @ 03/08/16 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
Are there no other updates to the game itself with this release? I was hoping to at least get the sound effects for the other player(s) in turn based multiplayer play, and perhaps some improvements to "Pro View" such that you can actually follow the ball when using it.
Based off the details in the "History" of the update, the course was the only thing added on this one. If we hear anything else, we will update the post.

# 6 brandon27 @ 03/08/16 12:33 PM
I'm so busy right now!

New course... Porsche pack for Forza 6, picked up The Division just now too.. How will I ever find the time!

# 7 foofighter2455 @ 03/08/16 04:28 PM
These courses are great. Now add the protracer...

# 8 buckeyedawgtribe @ 03/08/16 04:48 PM
Please go on sale again

# 9 Golfsprince @ 03/08/16 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
I'm so busy right now!

New course... Porsche pack for Forza 6, picked up The Division just now too.. How will I ever find the time!
Yup, new course and Oakmont is one of the best. Also been playing Bloodborne and absolutely love it. I can see why it won so many GOTY awards.

Definitely can't wait to play Oakmont!

# 10 OnlookerDelay @ 03/08/16 07:28 PM
EA Sports really did a bang up job with Oakmont. It's easily the most faithful rendition I've seen of the course yet! I really love seeing the cars going down the highway. I tried to get a turn-based multiplay game going online, to see if by some off chance they'd fixed the audio for it. I couldn't get a bite in a half hour, so I gave up.

I wish I was feeling this game because I really like the looks of it and the dynamic environment in which it's played. The gameplay is challenging, but for some reason I'm just not feeling a proportional sense of the swing. I also find the presentation options lacking, particularly the "Pro View" option, which in theory should work for me and deliver something close to The Golf Club's Non-Follow-Cam, with the option to scroll to the ball on demand. The problem is, they haven't done anything to highlight the ball or sort of zoom on it a bit, like Tiger Woods True Aim views did in TW-11 through 13.

# 11 aghalem @ 03/08/16 08:11 PM
All I have to say is good luck putting without the green grid. Although it was my first round ever on the course I shot a +12. I'm usually around par.

# 12 Lieutenant Dan @ 03/09/16 12:06 AM
Oakmont is amazing, and much more engaging to me than it was on TW14. Love the freeway and all of the details.

# 13 JimPanse @ 03/09/16 01:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutenant Dan
Oakmont is amazing, and much more engaging to me than it was on TW14. Love the freeway and all of the details.
... same here

Looks a little bit strange on this very open course sometimes, when you are playing on your hole with the crowd all around, but there is noone on the grandstands on the other holes around.
Moreover would be great to see other virtual (AI) players and spectators all over the course and playing on other holes, too.

btw, wasn't there a bell sounding around hole 10 in TW14?
Do not hear it in this release anymore...

# 14 brandon27 @ 03/09/16 09:31 AM
Glad to hear it's looking/playing good. I'm going to have to try and get a round in tonight. I chose to play the Porsche pack in F6 while waiting for the Division to install rather than a round of golf. I should have done the opposite.

# 15 MrArlingtonBeach @ 03/09/16 09:55 AM
Played a round at Oakmont last night. Custom settings (based on Tour swing), Fast conditions, Sunday pins, green grid w/beads on, 3-5 MPH winds. Shot +4 with Jordan Spieth.

The greens are very fast and most putts have tremendous breaks to them. I won't go so far as to call them old-fashioned carnival pin placements, but putting at Oakmont is not for the faint of heart - and I suppose that's how it should be.

The look of the course is great. The moving traffic on the Pennsylvania Turnpike adds a layer of immersion not seen on many video game golf courses.

It's a great addition to the game, and provides a tough test.

# 16 Thrash13 @ 03/09/16 11:37 AM
I downloaded it last night, and I'm looking forward to diving in this evening! It sounds great from all the impressions so far.

# 17 BusDriver @ 03/09/16 07:46 PM
Oakmont is historical and rated highly by most golf publications, but it's not that interesting to me for a video game. Sure, it has the church pew bunkers, but not much else going on. No water at all. I love courses with a lot of water.

The worst part of this course though is the sound. Sure, the course IS right next to the Pennsylvania turnpike, but it sounds like you're in the middle of it. IRL, that course does not have that much traffic noise, does it? Play that course with a headset on and you're really hear it (along with the constant hum of the overhead blimp).

I think EA should be able to tweak that though...

-Bus

# 18 erickonasis @ 03/09/16 11:55 PM
AWas wondering what this was...I ran out of space lol

# 19 brandon27 @ 03/11/16 11:03 AM
I've got to say, I was underwhelmed with Oakmont as an addition, just seemed like a boring, plain choice to me. Although, I understand the choice with the US Open being there this year. Just, I would prefer some more courses that are more exciting visually, like Pebble Beach, or Banff Springs. So, Oakmont underwhelmed me a bit...

Then, I played a couple rounds on it. What a nice challenge it was. Looks great, and plays great. I forgot those greens, those big, sometimes square shaped greens, that have some insanely crazy slopes to them. It was a nice, new, refreshing challenge. Putting is going to always be a great adventure here.

EA did a great job in creating the environment, and it's a worthy addition, that's for sure.

# 20 smitty67 @ 03/12/16 09:05 AM
I played it in play now last night and it was brutal. I'm going to play the daily today in Tour mode with Jordan Spieth, we'll see how that goes.

Any chance we may see an Augusta download available in the next three weeks or so? Please, oh please, pretty please.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.