Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

IGN has posted another MLB The Show 16 livestream (archive here). This one features Ramone and Lance going over the Conquest and Battle Royale modes. Check it out and post your thoughts.

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 baseball_fever @ 03/10/16 10:28 AM
Are they still doing a Twitch video today as well (March 10th)?
That is how it was originally scheduled.

# 42 Cowboy008 @ 03/10/16 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball_fever
Are they still doing a Twitch video today as well (March 10th)?
That is how it was originally scheduled.
Yes. The twitch stream is today at 2PM PST/5PM EST

# 43 baseball_fever @ 03/10/16 10:44 AM
Perfect, thanks!

I am not sure if it's because I have never played Risk or any "Turn based strategy" game before for that matter. But I still remain a bit perplexed with the Conquest mode. Actually I don't think I have ever been so perplexed/intrigued about anything before. I was hoping during that IGN stream they would remain on the map of the States longer and truly explain it in more detail. Maybe this is just me though? I am sure some of you out there understand it completely, and if thats the case, do you mind taking a moment and explaining it.

Thanks

# 44 Dolenz @ 03/10/16 10:45 AM
Yeah, the twitch stream is still on. I can't imaging there is a lot more to show us. They will probably go through a draft again in BR. I hope they go into a little more detail on the different phases of Conquest.

I expect the majority of the stream to be the completion of the Dev tourney.

# 45 Cowboy008 @ 03/10/16 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
Yeah, the twitch stream is still on. I can't imaging there is a lot more to show us. They will probably go through a draft again in BR. I hope they go into a little more detail on the different phases of Conquest.

I expect the majority of the stream to be the completion of the Dev tourney.
That's why I'm going to watch.

# 46 baconbits11 @ 03/10/16 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
I don't imagine the likeness of the Homerun King comes cheap. Probably coulda got that Bonds guy cheaper.
Who's this "Bonds" you're referring to? I do imagine the likeness of the Homerun King is quite valuable. I hope the Show can make a deal with the Aaron Estate at some point.

# 47 yankeesgiants @ 03/10/16 11:45 AM
It would be nice if they included a version of Reggie Stocker when he wore #24 and played for a team in the mid-atlantic area on the east coast.

# 48 HypoLuxa13 @ 03/10/16 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baconbits11
Who's this "Bonds" you're referring to? I do imagine the likeness of the Homerun King is quite valuable. I hope the Show can make a deal with the Aaron Estate at some point.
Estate? WTF? Hammering Hank is alive and 82 years old, my man. Unless I missed something recently?

# 49 baconbits11 @ 03/10/16 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
Estate? WTF? Hammering Hank is alive and 82 years old, my man. Unless I missed something recently?
Estate, lawyers, whoever makes the deal. I am sure Hank (the home run king! with the most home runs of any real player) has someone representing a deal like this and its not him on the phone when Sony calls. Gee whiz I never said he was dead!

# 50 RLebron12 @ 03/10/16 01:09 PM
Man I wonder how you unlock that Reggie Stocker, because I definitely want that card!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 51 Knight165 @ 03/10/16 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLebron12
Man I wonder how you unlock that Reggie Stocker, because I definitely want that card!

It's easy....

Twice a day for a couple of weeks unlocks him.

M.K.
Knight165

# 52 jmik58 @ 03/10/16 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tree3five
Is Reggie Stocker the Marlin's hitting coach as well?
Probably Jeff Dowd.

# 53 og236 @ 03/10/16 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
Probably Jeff Dowd.

Jim Dowd was a MVP baseball version of Barry Bonds, most likely the Marlins hitting coach is Reggie Stocker

# 54 baseballsim @ 03/10/16 01:40 PM
Here is Reggie Stocker - I think I captured it at the right time. They moved past him really quickly, lol. Contact could be in the 70s? IDK.

Attachment 117344

# 55 breakfastcat @ 03/10/16 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by og236
Jim Dowd was a MVP baseball version of Barry Bonds, most likely the Marlins hitting coach is Reggie Stocker
It was Jon Dowd. He was my Dynasty player last year.

# 56 RLebron12 @ 03/10/16 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
It's easy....

M.K.

Knight165

Lol still the greatest Home Run hitter of all time, and HOF caliber before the alleged steroid era of his career. Can't wait to unlock him and smash HR's with him. You will probably have to get a crazy amount of HR's throughout DD to unlock him.

# 57 jmik58 @ 03/10/16 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballsim
Here is Reggie Stocker - I think I captured it at the right time. They moved past him really quickly, lol. Contact could be in the 70s? IDK.

Attachment 117344
I would guess you're correct. The contact "wedge's" look to be just a bit below where I would think "80" would fall.

# 58 zello144 @ 03/10/16 03:45 PM

Reggie Stocker gotcha

# 59 countryboy @ 03/10/16 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
It's easy....

M.K.
Knight165

# 60 analogdan @ 03/10/16 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball_fever
Perfect, thanks!

I am not sure if it's because I have never played Risk or any "Turn based strategy" game before for that matter. But I still remain a bit perplexed with the Conquest mode. Actually I don't think I have ever been so perplexed/intrigued about anything before. I was hoping during that IGN stream they would remain on the map of the States longer and truly explain it in more detail. Maybe this is just me though? I am sure some of you out there understand it completely, and if thats the case, do you mind taking a moment and explaining it.

Thanks
In my opinion, the mode looks like a variation on the board game Risk. If you're not familiar with it, there are numerous free online clones as well as mobile apps where you can learn to play. Instead of armies, MLB the Show has "fans" which are used to conquer adjacent tiles. The goal is to gain as many tiles as possible.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.