Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

The developer team has revealed the top MLB The Show 16 player ratings at each position. Check them out here.

Below are the top players in the game.
  • Mike Trout - 99 Overall
  • Clayton Kershaw - 99 Overall
  • Bryce Harper - 97 Overall
  • Josh Donaldson - 96 Overall
  • Miguel Cabrera - 96 Overall
  • Paul Goldschmidt - 96 Overall
  • Max Scherzer - 95 Overall
  • Jake Arrieta -95 Overall
  • Zack Greinke - 95 Overall
  • Manny Machado - 94 Overall
  • David Price - 94 Overall
  • Chris Sale - 94 Overall
  • Jose Altuve - 94 Overall
  • Matt Harvey - 94 Overall
  • Joey Votto - 94 Overall
  • Andrew McCutchen - 94 Overall
  • Buster Posey - 94 Overall
  • Wade Davis - 93 Overall
  • Felix Hernandez - 93 Overall
  • Jose Fernandez - 93 Overall
  • Giancarlo Stanton - 93 Overall
  • Jacob deGrom - 93 Overall
  • Nolan Arenado - 93 Overall
  • Kenley Jansen - 93 Overall
  • Madison Bumgarner - 93 Overall
  • Craig Kimbrel - 93 Overall
  • Troy Tulowitzki - 93 Overall

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 letsgomets75 @ 03/10/16 08:36 PM
I think they did a pretty good job with these players so far. Interested to see the rest of the ratings moving into the low 80s and 70s. Personally, I think Arrieta, Jansen, Seager and McCann are too high, while I think Perez, Abreu, Bogaerts, and Archer (wherever he is, should be at least an 88) are too low. (Just my opinion, don't kill me).

# 2 Madden's Jowels @ 03/10/16 09:06 PM
Kyle Seager is not a top 8 Third Baseman?

Very quick to give Correa a 91 but I feel like Bryant should be higher than an 85 and Schwarber should probably be higher than Khris Davis and Jayson Werth

# 3 letsgomets75 @ 03/10/16 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden's Jowels
Corey Seager is not a top 8 Third Baseman?

Very quick to give Correa a 91 but I feel like Bryant should be higher than an 85 and Schwarber should probably be higher than Khris Davis and Jayson Werth
Kyle* Seager at 3B. You're right though, he should be there.

# 4 Madden's Jowels @ 03/10/16 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgomets75
Kyle* Seager at 3B. You're right though, he should be there.
Yep my bad. I think he's earned his rating/placement among his position group more than Corey has haha.

# 5 Belkbuzze @ 03/10/16 09:39 PM
agreed on Bryant and Schwarber being underrated... Sad thing!

# 6 CrazyBruin12 @ 03/10/16 10:01 PM
Quote:
I think they did a pretty good job with these players so far. Interested to see the rest of the ratings moving into the low 80s and 70s. Personally, I think Arrieta, Jansen, Seager and McCann are too high, while I think Perez, Abreu, Bogaerts, and Archer (wherever he is, should be at least an 88) are too low. (Just my opinion, don't kill me).
I think the main reason why Bogaerts is so low is that has no power at all but I hope they gave him some decent fielding because they under rated it last year.

# 7 jmik58 @ 03/10/16 10:07 PM
OVR ratings are fun but don't get caught up in them too much. For example, look at Justin Upton and Dee Gordon. You have two guys that are rated 90 OVR but how they get there involves two very different stories. Look at their specific strengths & weaknesses and how it relates to their position and role on the team. This ratings make for fun discussion, but when it comes down to it they're not the most important thing.

# 8 chiwhitesoxGOSOX @ 03/10/16 10:08 PM
Quote:
I definitely agree with u on Abreu being to low. I would have him at least at an 89. Archer I would assume is the next guy at 88 if not then definitely has to be at a 87. Overall though I think they did pretty good with these ratings.

Would u agree that Frazier is a little low? Maybe more like an 86

# 9 HypoLuxa13 @ 03/10/16 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belkbuzze
agreed on Bryant and Schwarber being underrated... Sad thing!
I'm a Cubs fan, and I think they are rated pretty well. Though his SLG and OBP were nice, Bryant struck out 199 times or whatever, and played only average defense at 3rd base.

Schwarber hit only .143 against lefties. Plenty of work to do there still. He actually played very solidly in left field; only 1 error in 43 games... but then the NLCS happened

# 10 letsgomets75 @ 03/10/16 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiwhitesoxGOSOX
I definitely agree with u on Abreu being to low. I would have him at least at an 89. Archer I would assume is the next guy at 88 if not then definitely has to be at a 87. Overall though I think they did pretty good with these ratings.

Would u agree that Frazier is a little low? Maybe more like an 86
I think Frazier is about right. Maybe 85. He's close to Bryant which makes a lot of sense. Both have great power and not so great averages with similar defense. Bryant has more upside but Frazier could be an 85 too.

# 11 dran1984 @ 03/10/16 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
OVR ratings are fun but don't get caught up in them too much. For example, look at Justin Upton and Dee Gordon. You have two guys that are rated 90 OVR but how they get there involves two very different stories. Look at their specific strengths & weaknesses and how it relates to their position and role on the team. This ratings make for fun discussion, but when it comes down to it they're not the most important thing.
Yea, I don't get too caught up in the ratings. And if someone is rated to low you can always edit them.

# 12 chiwhitesoxGOSOX @ 03/10/16 10:19 PM
Quote:
I think Frazier is about right. Maybe 85. He's close to Bryant which makes a lot of sense. Both have great power and not so great averages with similar defense. Bryant has more upside but Frazier could be an 85 too.
Yea I think that I'm just so hyped to have Frazier that I just wish he was a little higher lol but when u put it that way I guess he is about where he should be at.

Have fun with Cespedes. I definitely thought he was coming to the Sox but I don't blame him for going back to his world series team

# 13 Speedy @ 03/10/16 10:32 PM
Not a single Atlanta Brave listed.

I'm going to HAVE to get very familiar with the FM of the OSFM roster.

# 14 extremeskins04 @ 03/10/16 10:34 PM
Greg Stanton? Or Giancarlo Stanton?

# 15 WaitTilNextYear @ 03/10/16 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Greg Stanton? Or Giancarlo Stanton?
Yeah, Madison Bumbarner is another typo.

Anyone else notice that DISC isn't on these radial graphs? Did they run out of room and decide to exclude that attribute from the graph? Couldn't they have made the slices a little thinner to fit in one more attribute?

# 16 Gagnon39 @ 03/10/16 11:58 PM
Jon Lester the 18th ranked pitcher......... BWAHAHAHAHAHA.

# 17 Cowboy008 @ 03/11/16 12:33 AM
Good to see Longo in the top 10 for 3B.

# 18 Dolenz @ 03/11/16 12:53 AM
I personally think Adam Wainwright is under-rated. (yes I am biased but I still believe it)

2nd in Cy Young voting in 2013. 3rd in 2014.

They said that they would throw out injured years but even if they did not throw out his 2015 then he still had a 1.61 ERA in his four starts.

Seriously, just looking ahead of him, how is Dallas Keuchel's last three years of stats average out better than Wainwrights? They have to be taking off points for Wainwrights age or bumping Keuchel for his Cy Young Award, otherwise it doesn't make any sense to me. Wainwright outperformed him in every category in 2014. Wainwright far outperformed him in 2013 as Dallas had a pretty bad year that year, which they say accounts for 1/3 of his rating.

And I am not bagging on Keuchel at all just making a case that Wainwright is underrated.

# 19 TattooedEvil @ 03/11/16 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
I personally think Adam Wainwright is under-rated. (yes I am biased but I still believe it)

2nd in Cy Young voting in 2013. 3rd in 2014.

They said that they would throw out injured years but even if they did not throw out his 2015 then he still had a 1.61 ERA in his four starts.

Seriously, just looking ahead of him, how is Dallas Keuchel's last three years of stats average out better than Wainwrights? They have to be taking off points for Wainwrights age or bumping Keuchel for his Cy Young Award, otherwise it doesn't make any sense to me. Wainwright outperformed him in every category in 2014. Wainwright far outperformed him in 2013 as Dallas had a pretty bad year that year, which they say accounts for 1/3 of his rating.

And I am not bagging on Keuchel at all just making a case that Wainwright is underrated.
just gonna play devils advocate for 1 second...lets remember Keuchel plays in the AL and in a childs ballpark.

# 20 TattooedEvil @ 03/11/16 01:21 AM
Sooooo Corey Seager just got his cherry popped and is the same as Simmons?? hmmm ok. Also, apparently being made of glass is the way to be the top SS....Correa and Crawford should be the top 2. Tulo's durability better be a 24.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.