Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

The developer team has revealed the top MLB The Show 16 player ratings at each position. Check them out here.

Below are the top players in the game.
  • Mike Trout - 99 Overall
  • Clayton Kershaw - 99 Overall
  • Bryce Harper - 97 Overall
  • Josh Donaldson - 96 Overall
  • Miguel Cabrera - 96 Overall
  • Paul Goldschmidt - 96 Overall
  • Max Scherzer - 95 Overall
  • Jake Arrieta -95 Overall
  • Zack Greinke - 95 Overall
  • Manny Machado - 94 Overall
  • David Price - 94 Overall
  • Chris Sale - 94 Overall
  • Jose Altuve - 94 Overall
  • Matt Harvey - 94 Overall
  • Joey Votto - 94 Overall
  • Andrew McCutchen - 94 Overall
  • Buster Posey - 94 Overall
  • Wade Davis - 93 Overall
  • Felix Hernandez - 93 Overall
  • Jose Fernandez - 93 Overall
  • Giancarlo Stanton - 93 Overall
  • Jacob deGrom - 93 Overall
  • Nolan Arenado - 93 Overall
  • Kenley Jansen - 93 Overall
  • Madison Bumgarner - 93 Overall
  • Craig Kimbrel - 93 Overall
  • Troy Tulowitzki - 93 Overall

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Madden's Jowels @ 03/15/16 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
Sure but considering i can't find era+ leaderboards outside the top 10. And that Baseball Reference gives Jon Lester a 3.1war, espn a 2.9war and Fangraphs a 5.0 war im not sure what to believe. Era got the job done proving his rating is deserved.

A bunch of stat hipsters in this thread.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

How about FIP? What was the pitcher in question again? Lol. I wasn't really trying to get into a debate about a pitcher, just commenting on the usefulness of ERA.

# 142 Denzel Washington @ 03/15/16 04:55 PM
Quote:
Yep because apparently ERA isn't a valid stat anymore?

Nope. SIERA, XFIP and FIP are all better when you want to look at how effective a pitcher is

# 143 Denzel Washington @ 03/15/16 05:01 PM
Quote:
Sure but considering i can't find era+ leaderboards outside the top 10. And that Baseball Reference gives Jon Lester a 3.1war, espn a 2.9war and Fangraphs a 5.0 war im not sure what to believe. Era got the job done proving his rating is deserved.

A bunch of stat hipsters in this thread.

Using stats that are more representative of a player's production doesn't make you a hipster.

Lester has been a top 15 pitcher for the last 2 seasons

# 144 underdog13 @ 03/15/16 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denzel Washington
Nope. SIERA, XFIP and FIP are all better when you want to look at how effective a pitcher is
Ok I finally found a leaderboard for the whole league for these on fangraphs. Apparently fangraphs has a much easier way to find these then on baseball ref. So i know what fip is but what is different about XFIP?

# 145 MrOldboy @ 03/15/16 06:33 PM
Quote:
Ok I finally found a leaderboard for the whole league for these on fangraphs. Apparently fangraphs has a much easier way to find these then on baseball ref. So i know what fip is but what is different about XFIP?

The main difference, only difference I believe, is that home runs are regressed to an expected number based on league average flyball to home runs %.

I've heard some people don't like using statistical regression like that since you can make the argument that some pitchers give up hard hit balls so they would have a higher flyball to HR ratio. Same with ground balls. Maybe a sinkerballer has a higher GB% rate, but they may also be giving up harder hit ground balls resulting in more hits.

# 146 Denzel Washington @ 03/15/16 06:54 PM
Quote:

http://www.fangraphs.com/library/pitching/xfip/

# 147 seanjeezy @ 03/15/16 10:32 PM
So I'm guessing Kyle is the #9 3B then lol

# 148 WaitTilNextYear @ 03/16/16 01:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
So I'm guessing Kyle is the #9 3B then lol
My 3B rankings would be:

1. Machado (BAL)
2. Donaldson (TOR)
3. Arenado (COL)
4. Bryant (CHC)
5. Carpenter (STL)
6. Seager (SEA)
7. Beltre (TEX)
8. Longoria (TB)
9. Moustakas (KC)
10. Duffy (SF)

It's actually a pretty loaded position when Todd Frazier and David Wright are no longer among the top 10.

# 149 HozAndMoose @ 03/16/16 01:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
My 3B rankings would be:

1. Machado (BAL)
2. Donaldson (TOR)
3. Arenado (COL)
4. Bryant (CHC)
5. Carpenter (STL)
6. Seager (SEA)
7. Beltre (TEX)
8. Longoria (TB)
9. Moustakas (KC)
10. Duffy (SF)

It's actually a pretty loaded position when Todd Frazier and David Wright are no longer among the top 10.
Moose doesnt belong in top 10 3B yet. He should be #1 in learning to beat the shift though.

# 150 legacyme3 @ 03/16/16 02:38 AM
My question isn't who the best is.

It's who the worst MLB player at each position is, according to the ratings. That'll be fun to figure out.

# 151 HypoLuxa13 @ 03/16/16 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
That is true what you say about Schwarber. How do you feel about Correa and Lindor's rating? Remember Joey Gallo? He hit a few HRs and the roster update had his potential at 99.
I don't know, I'm a Cubs fan and don't know much about Correa, Lindor, or Gallo.

I know Correa tore it up though, obviously.

# 152 Denzel Washington @ 03/16/16 12:14 PM
Lindor was one of the most valuable players in the league even though he didnt play a full season. I dont have a problem with his rating

# 153 tessl @ 03/16/16 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
My 3B rankings would be:

1. Machado (BAL)
2. Donaldson (TOR)
3. Arenado (COL)
4. Bryant (CHC)
5. Carpenter (STL)
6. Seager (SEA)
7. Beltre (TEX)
8. Longoria (TB)
9. Moustakas (KC)
10. Duffy (SF)

I'd put Escobar on that list somewhere. I'd drop Bryant down a few spots due to high strikeouts and questionable defense. He is young and could develop but Bryant is another Pedro Alvarez at this stage of his career. HR/K guy with shaky defense.

# 154 Cavicchi @ 03/16/16 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
I'd put Escobar on that list somewhere. I'd drop Bryant down a few spots due to high strikeouts and questionable defense. He is young and could develop but Bryant is another Pedro Alvarez at this stage of his career. HR/K guy with shaky defense.
Oh, I don't think Bryant is as bad defensively as Alvarez. What do you Cubs fans think?

Bryant was eighth among NL 3B in fielding. .275 batting is not bad for first full season. I don't think he is another Pedro Alvarez at all.

By the way, still think Perez is that 70 blocking player?

# 155 tessl @ 03/16/16 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
Oh, I don't think Bryant is as bad defensively as Alvarez. What do you Cubs fans think?

Bryant was eighth among NL 3B in fielding. .275 batting is not bad for first full season. I don't think he is another Pedro Alvarez at all.

By the way, still think Perez is that 70 blocking player?
I don't have a problem with SCEA's system but I believe 70 is very generous for a guy who was 4th highest WPA in MLB in 2015.

# 156 HypoLuxa13 @ 03/16/16 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
His defense is much better than Alvarez. He makes tons of plays and fewer errors than Alvarez ever made at 3rd base in a season. Just still not consistent on the routine stuff, like a lot of young players. Also a much better BA and OBP than Alvarez. So you'll take the high K's since he is not only hitting for Power, but good average, OBP, and driving in runs other ways than the HR.

Maybe 85 is a little high for him in The Show, though.

# 157 tessl @ 03/16/16 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
His defense is much better than Alvarez. He makes tons of plays and fewer errors than Alvarez ever made at 3rd base in a season. Just still not consistent on the routine stuff, like a lot of young players. Also a much better BA and OBP than Alvarez. So you'll take the high K's since he is not only hitting for Power, but good average, OBP, and driving in runs other ways than the HR.

Maybe 85 is a little high for him in The Show, though.
The show usually gets attributes very close to accurate but look at his home and away splits IRL. 21 HR in the friendly confines of Wrigley and 5 HR in 25 more at bats away from Wrigley. Avg in Wrigley .311, away .240.

I'd put him in the top ten because of potential at his age but not top five. Away from Wrigley he is a #7 hitter with questionable defense.

# 158 Cavicchi @ 03/16/16 01:13 PM
Tessl, whatever you find from 2015 has nothing to do with Perez's blocking rating in this game from 2012.

You, who thought wild pitch data included only pitches in the dirt.

Who would I believe, you or the article?

"As illustrated in the AL blocking leaders graphic, Perez had an MLB-best blocking percentage on expected passed balls, but his RPP ranks 10th amongst MLB 600+ inning catchers; plus, despite facing 14 more expected passed ball pitches than the RPP league leader Molina, he allowed the same number. For a little known fact drawn from the Molina/Perez comparison, note that this past season Perez not only had 147 more blocks, a block per game more than Molina, but further, Perez posted more blocks and blocks/9 than Molina has amassed in any of his six consecutive Gold Glove seasons. Brief conclusion: be wary of Perez's "low" (still 4th in the AL) RPP — he is a premier, if not the premier pitch blocking catcher in the game today, although his numbers may potentially be inflated by more opportunities."

Source: http://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/201...s-molina-perez

# 159 NAFBUC @ 03/16/16 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
Here we go again with all the ratings talk and arguing and complaining, never understand any of that when you can change the ratings to suit yourself anyway
You say arguing and complaining.......others would call it debate and discussion.

# 160 Cavicchi @ 03/16/16 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAFBUC
You say arguing and complaining.......others would call it debate and discussion.
That's right!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.