Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

The MLB The Show 16 Twitch stream has begun, showing off the graphical improvements to the game this year, as well as the finals of the Developer Tournament. Post your thoughts here!

We will update this post with the archive link when it's over. Feel free to discuss here.

UPDATE: Here are the links to the archive (Part 1 - Graphics Improvements), (Part 2 - Developer Tournament Finals)

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 bukktown @ 03/15/16 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
Drink enough PBR and anything will look great, even the Trop!
Crushed it!

# 22 Willis135 @ 03/15/16 09:14 PM
I noticed at the 22:45 mark of the graphics stream a new dynamic difficulty progress system. It's a progress bar instead of last year's progress levels +++ It looks pretty good. It's only there for a few seconds, but I'm pretty sure that's what it was.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

# 23 bcruise @ 03/15/16 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willis135
I noticed at the 22:45 mark of the graphics stream a new dynamic difficulty progress system. It's a progress bar instead of last year's progress levels +++ It looks pretty good. It's only there for a few seconds, but I'm pretty sure that's what it was.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Yeah, this showed up in one of the very first videos released but I think it went unnoticed by a lot of people. Very welcome change as it'll be much easier for people to understand the system (and to explain it!)

# 24 bronxbombers21325 @ 03/15/16 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
Drink enough PBR and anything will look great, even the Trop!
But you will most definitely regret it in the morning.

# 25 nomo17k @ 03/15/16 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballsim
If I'm not mistaken can't you already fly around while in replay?
That can be done now to some extent in replay, but the camera placement is only limited to within the ground and cannot be moved as freely and flexibly as the devs have been doing in the streams.

My guess is the devs don't want us to move the camera in weird places to see where things (i.e., below the stand...) cannot be rendered properly... but true fly cam would still be nice.

With all the work put into getting the stadium atmosphere right, I think being able to put the camera whereever we want and watch (and possibly play) the game would be an interesting addition.

# 26 Gagnon39 @ 03/15/16 10:30 PM
I wonder what the difficulty is in adding actual bleachers to Wrigley Field. There has to be a reason. I've always figured it has something to do with the manner in which fans are spaced out and/or how they sit. However, it seems like they could maintain their space in bleachers as well as backed seats. If there was one change I'd like to see at my beloved ballpark, it would be for The Show to have the famous bleachers at the Friendly Confines.

# 27 cubby blue @ 03/15/16 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
Hoz, please post back when you have it on YouTube. Thank you!!

# 28 jw9036 @ 03/15/16 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
HozAndMoose, YouTube always thank you!!

# 29 cws @ 03/15/16 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Smith
I didn't see anything about the classic stadiums.
I would not be surprised if they scrapped them. Sony never did seem that interested in baseball history. The previous classics ( with the exception of the Polo Grounds) were very plain without any added features. What I don't get, is why were they listed on the calendar? Then, they didn't even bring it up in the stream. Their big things are new modes!

# 30 NightRaven3 @ 03/16/16 12:27 AM
People just need to be grateful that they actually get a great baseball game every year. Just think about all those poor Xbox users who are baseball fans that haven't had a great baseball game since mvp 2005 which was over a decade ago or even have a baseball game at all anymore. I made the switch last year to PlayStation because of the show. I'm buying the show 16 because of all the graphical enhancements they made. Remember they haven't even touched the full power graphically with the PS4 yet so be patient they will get there.

# 31 thaSLAB @ 03/16/16 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cws
I would not be surprised if they scrapped them. Sony never did seem that interested in baseball history. The previous classics ( with the exception of the Polo Grounds) were very plain without any added features. What I don't get, is why were they listed on the calendar? Then, they didn't even bring it up in the stream. Their big things are new modes!
Yeah, they scrapped them. Seems logical.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

# 32 HozAndMoose @ 03/16/16 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubby blue
Hoz, please post back when you have it on YouTube. Thank you!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw9036
HozAndMoose, YouTube always thank you!!
My bad little late getting the links out

Graphics - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgkf6EyYzlY
Tournament - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_ToqrG_q5g

# 33 WaitTilNextYear @ 03/16/16 02:12 AM
Some interesting things in this one, but also a bit frustrating to watch because they had some major difficulties synching up side-by-side comparisons. The guy controlling the MLB 15 picture was basically always out of sync with the guy controlling the MLB 16 picture so we rarely got to see the same surface under the same conditions at the same time. It was actually pretty hard to see what they were trying to show us aside from the fixation on padded wall textures and the rock formation in Anaheim (which is sort of the poster boy for PBR).

If you are a graphics nut and like people dropping "specularity" and "foot candles" and "single shaders" you'll like this stream. Also, if you ever wondered what this game would look like with a bunch of T-1000 liquid metal players playing, this is for you.

# 34 LastActionHero @ 03/16/16 03:33 AM
That metallic setup was crazy!
Shadows look so much smoother and real. Interesting stream. They mentioned these are just the first steps in PBR land. Super excited for this years game but also for what they will bring next year!

# 35 Armor and Sword @ 03/16/16 05:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB

That would really really suck if they did. It was announced and listed. Please say it ain't so Joe. I was looking forward using he OS all time roster set with them.

# 36 agentlaw13 @ 03/16/16 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
That would really really suck if they did. It was announced and listed. Please say it ain't so Joe. I was looking forward using he OS all time roster set with them.

I'm pretty sure Slab was being sarcastic. Believe they played in one of the classic parks (polo grounds, I believe) in one of the videos/streams from the past weeks.

# 37 Jr. @ 03/16/16 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
He was being facetious

# 38 rodperezto @ 03/16/16 08:47 AM
I tried asking some questions during the stream but there were way too many questions and mine got buried somewhere in there.

Does anyone know if:

1. Framerate will remain as smooth as it looks in the streams? If yes, do loading screens take longer than last year because of it? I wouldn't mind waiting 30 secs longer for better framerate.

2. Do flag shadows move on the field? Last year they were static. No biggie, just curious.

3. Did Wilmer Flores, Juan Lagares and Noah Syndergaard get new facescans this spring? They stilll seem to have their old generic caps. I know they'd be in next year's game but it'd be something to look forward to.

# 39 bigdipper88 @ 03/16/16 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodperezto
I tried asking some questions during the stream but there were way too many questions and mine got buried somewhere in there.

Does anyone know if:

1. Framerate will remain as smooth as it looks in the streams? If yes, do loading screens take longer than last year because of it? I wouldn't mind waiting 30 secs longer for better framerate.

2. Do flag shadows move on the field? Last year they were static. No biggie, just curious.

3. Did Wilmer Flores, Juan Lagares and Noah Syndergaard get new facescans this spring? They stilll seem to have their old generic caps. I know they'd be in next year's game but it'd be something to look forward to.
Noah wasn't in last years game, he was a CAP. Lagares has a generic face again as does Todd Frazier

# 40 tessl @ 03/16/16 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB

I understand the sarcasm but when they promote the thread as classic stadium deep dive and never even mention classic stadiums I understand why some people are nervous.

My guess is either the devs who work on stadiums weren't available or they are still working on classic stadiums.

As Ramone said on the video the game is finished, disc being pressed and shipped but I'm pretty sure the last time they had classic stadiums they weren't on the disc. They were a download. If classic stadiums are again a download on the release date of 3/29 they could still be polishing the product which would explain why they didn't show them.

I'm not being critical because SCEA and Ramone do a great job of promoting the game but it wouldn't have hurt to at least mention classic stadiums since the stream was promoted as classic stadium deep dive.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.