Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

Here is a new MLB The Show 16 video showing off all the jerseys and hats in the game this year. Post your thoughts!

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Cowboy008 @ 03/24/16 03:36 PM
After looking at the video I'm going to go with the Brewers as my second franchise. I know it would take some time to add in but it would be nice if they could add a few more uniform slots next year.

# 22 Herschie @ 03/24/16 03:37 PM
I sure do wish we could have gotten another throwback other than a plain white and grey throwback for the Cubs. Yes, I realize that they're from the turn of the 20th century, but it would be nice to have something from the 60s or 70s.

I know, I know, I'll quit my whining.

# 23 NDAlum @ 03/24/16 04:51 PM

# 24 Factzzz @ 03/24/16 05:04 PM
Seeing the Canadian cover of the Show, reminded me of the Blue Jays Canada day jerseys.

Since they only have one alternate (the blue one), why not use the other slot for their Canada day jerseys?

They wore them twice last year

# 25 RLebron12 @ 03/24/16 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
Certainly a few baffling decisions. Overall though, the jerseys that teams wear the most are in the game.

- Mariners cream are worn only on Sunday home games

- Padres camo Sunday home games

- Giants black only a few random times over the course of the season.

With the Dbacks we don't know how often which jerseys will be worn or when, but they should have least included the red and black as opposed to the white/gray alts.

Ultimately more uniform slots need to be added next year. Most of these omissions aren't really a surprise as they said they didn't add more slots for this year.

Giants actually use those black jerseys every Saturday game..so basically the same amount as the orange Friday jerseys which are in the game. They also started using those jerseys for ST this season.

Edit: And really no red Blue Jay Jerseys?? Isn't that what Donaldson is wearing in the Canada version of the Show...but they aren't gonna add that in the game? That's disappointing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 26 ARMORALLL @ 03/24/16 05:39 PM
I'm actually fine with those options.

# 27 RLebron12 @ 03/24/16 06:00 PM
Maybe these red jerseys are just in the Canada version of the game? Cause it would seem super weird to have your cover athlete wearing a jersey then not be able to use that jersey in the game.

# 28 Cowboy008 @ 03/24/16 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerplay17
Disappointed the Rays retro 70's uni didn't make it. Way better than the old Devil Rays abominations.
Is it just me or are the two old jerseys basically the same with a different hat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
I don't recall them being in 15 either.
No they weren't in 15 either.

# 29 TheWarmWind @ 03/24/16 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLebron12
Maybe these red jerseys are just in the Canada version of the game? Cause it would seem super weird to have your cover athlete wearing a jersey then not be able to use that jersey in the game.

The only thing different about the Canadian version of the game is the cover sleeve. Other than that it's the exact same game.

This isn't the first time they've put that jersey on the cover, even though it's never been in the game.

# 30 RLebron12 @ 03/24/16 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind
The only thing different about the Canadian version of the game is the cover sleeve. Other than that it's the exact same game.

This isn't the first time they've put that jersey on the cover, even though it's never been in the game.

And the fact he's wearing the red jersey in the Canadian version and he's wearing the blue version in the regular American game. It would almost seem like false advertising to have your cover athlete in a jersey then not offer that jersey in the game. What ever it's not a huge deal just disappointing like I said.

I just can't wait for the day when we can have all the uniforms the teams play in, like NBA 2K.

# 31 kehlis @ 03/24/16 06:44 PM
I wouldn't go as far as to say false advertising.

# 32 BROman @ 03/24/16 06:57 PM
no white panel hat for the bluejays either

# 33 TheBleedingRed21 @ 03/24/16 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
We know of all the over exaggerated statements around release time.

Many thanks for the video man!

# 34 Jeffrey Smith @ 03/24/16 07:11 PM
Quote:
Another case of them not having enough uniform slots. That needs to change.
I'm curious, you can mix and match the uniforms in The Show. Different hat, pants, jersey, etc. What i'm wondering is do all three items use their own slots or do the three item make up one slot?

If each uniform choice were limited to home / visitor / alt (hat, jersey, pant) no mixing and matching would this free up slots?

Hope I'm making sense.

# 35 kehlis @ 03/24/16 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Smith
I'm curious, you can mix and match the uniforms in The Show. Different hat, pants, jersey, etc. What i'm wondering is do all three items use their own slots or do the three item make up one slot?

If each uniform choice were limited to home / visitor / alt (hat, jersey, pant) no mixing and matching would this free up slots?

Hope I'm making sense.

That's a really good question.

# 36 RLebron12 @ 03/24/16 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis

That's why I said "it would almost seem like false advertising" didn't say that's what it was. I'm not one of those that throw around ludacris comments or complains about every little thing, just really was expecting that jersey to be in the game due to the cover. But like I stated its not a huge deal, just look forward to future editions of the show where they can have more uniform slots

# 37 dran1984 @ 03/24/16 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Smith

Hope I'm making sense.
That's not a bad idea. However, the jersey slots would still be limited to 10. Each hat and pants option has it's own slots. Basically they have 10 slots for hats, 10 for jerseys, and 10 for pants.

Using there current system, eliminating the mix/match option wouldn't free up any slots because they would still have to include the hats and pants sets.

It sounds to me like the issue isn't really slots, its the file size of the jerseys. I hope they find a way to make the file sizes smaller for next years game so we don't have these issues every year.

# 38 SFNiners816 @ 03/24/16 11:10 PM
Quote:
The jerseys are easily the most neglected part of The Show, but no real surprises here.

- The decision not to include the Dbacks red and black alts in favor of the white/gray/teal alts is just ridiculous.

- The Cubs road alt was left out.

- The Padres new brown alt the shade of brown is way off.

However, they did add the new Brewers, Astros, and Phillies new alternates, so that's very nice to see. It's a mixed bag this year as far as jerseys go. I just hope in next years game that the jerseys get a bit more love.
This is pretty disappointing. They took out the CUBS road alt and basically subbed in the blue walking bear as the Road alt. So now there are two slots dedicated to the same jersey as the same blue walking bear is listed as the home alt. In all actuality the blue hasn't been worn in wrigley for years and that same blue uni is worn about 60% of the time on the road making it the defacto road uniform.

Oh well, at least the 82-89 roads are still in. I usually use those as my dark unis anyway. It's just frustrating as a Cubs fan to have like 2 slots dedicated to the exact same uni and 2 other slots dedicated to two very generic unis. Just 2 years ago for wrigley's 100th they had a lot of cool unis to chose from. I just wish a couple of thoses could have been subbed into to these slots. I'd love to see the baby blue pinstriped late 70s to 81 unis represented (I loved them on Ryno's fleer and donruss rookie cards).

# 39 Arod2k9 @ 03/24/16 11:36 PM
Very disappointed with uniform selection this year, no camo jersey for Padres? That's ridiculous and no cream Mariners? [emoji21]

# 40 sva91 @ 03/25/16 01:16 AM
I really hate how some teams have a bp jersey that looks exactly like one of their Alts. Just replace one with another. I really love playing 90s or 80s era. I really wish each team has at least one from each era. Hopefully they can figure out a way to add more slots. I hate to admit but I would pay for a lot of missing jerseys. I'm sure others would to. 162 game season, so it's nice to have a nice selection.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.