Home
R.B.I. Baseball 16 News Post

R.B.I. Baseball 16 is available now for PC (on Steam $19.99) Xbox One ($19.99), Android ($4.99) and iOS ($4.99) and should be available later today for PlayStation 4 ($19.99) users. Play a few games and post your thoughts!

UPDATE: It is now available for PlayStation 4 users.

Features

Make the play
  • Make the play with your favorite Major League Baseball team and win the World Series!
Feel the action
  • R.B.I. Baseball 16 features new fielding moves like dives, wall catches, pump-fakes and more!
New and Improved
  • R.B.I. 16 features enhanced lighting and graphics, revamped defensive AI and improved batting system.
Season
  • Track your season stats by team, player and league leaders across multiple seasons. Sim through games in Season mode!
Your Team, Your Way
  • Modify your lineup with complete MLB rosters or play classic R.B.I. Baseball 16-player rosters. Downloadable roster updates throughout the 2016 season.
Multiplayer
  • Take your skills to the next level and compete online (Console and PC versions only)
More Details
  • Defense: A redeveloped defensive AI will introduce new fielding capabilities including dives, wall catches, fake throws and more. This system will give users more control than ever before in making defensive plays.
  • Baserunning: Built in part from MLBAM's award-winning tracking technology, Statcast™, baserunners' abilities will be driven by on-field metrics from the 2015 MLB season.
  • Batting: An improved batting engine will feature variable perfect timing. For the best outcome, swing earlier on inside pitches and later on outside pitches.
  • Pitching: With a reworked pitching strategy AI, pitchers will play to their individual strengths. For example, a pitcher who features a wide range of velocity will mix speeds more often.
  • Season SIM: During season mode play, sim a game or multiple games to quickly advance through the season and into the postseason -- should the team win its division or earn a Wild Card spot.
  • Lineup: Modify a team's lineup pregame or in-game, including substitution strategies such as double switches. Lineups can be set from a franchise's 40-man roster or the game's classic 16-player rosters.
  • Graphics: All 30 MLB ballparks will feature a new lighting system based on actual geographic locations, field views and additional hi-resolution realistic design elements.

Game: R.B.I. Baseball 16Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: Android / iOS / PC / PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
R.B.I. Baseball 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 jsucram @ 04/14/16 07:46 PM
A patch is on the way with a fix for this. We believe we may have improved the low bandwidth issue mentioned earlier in the thread as well.

Still difficult for me to play online ...... Does the low bandwidth issue improvement require the patch? Any ETA?

# 82 thelounger456 @ 04/15/16 12:55 AM
At the half way point with 81 games played. Here is where some starts are at currently - focusing on those that are a bit out of whack to see if it matches up with anyone's findings since I am just a sample size of one.

Batting Average - after struggling with hitting I have gotten better and Votto is on a roll. He is now hitting .338 leading the majors. A good number to be leading the majors at. However only one other player - Bryce Harper is batting over .300 and he is hitting .308. Everyone else is below .300 and only 41 players are hitting over .250. Seems the CPU had as much trouble hitting as I did. I would except about 100 guys to be hitting over .250

HR - Votto in his hot streak has his HRs up to 15. Again a decent number for him but he is leading the majors 2 clear of Mike Trout and Chris Owings (bit of a surprise) with 13. So at least in my season HR are a bit too few.

Triples - Votto leading the way again with a whopping 3. Dee Gordon has 3 as well 2 of which I know he hit against me. Other than Gordon any other player with 2 is on my team. 6 non-Reds are the only other players to have hit 1 triple through 81 games

Doubles - Billy Burns has a good number of 24 but a drop of from him to a group at 17/16

OPS Votto dominating with a .900 no one else is above .800 Not a surprise with the low XBH stats so far from all teams.

Pitching - I am dominating with the Reds staff so I throw most of their odd numbers out. I will probably finish this season out on medium then increase to hard if I run another one so I don't have the top ERA and WHIP guys from my below average starters. One thing is Lance Lynn is on pace for 90 relief appearances 240 Ks and 260 innings. He seems to be the only really odd one in terms of innings

# 83 boomhauertjs @ 04/15/16 07:32 AM
I've had an issue since the latest roster update (IOS version) where my saved games won't load (it just shows a stadium shot with no players and doesn't move from that screen). Anyone else experienced that?

# 84 MLBGames @ 04/15/16 09:56 AM
Hi boomhauertjs, sorry to hear that.

What team are you playing with?
Full 25 or Classic 16 rosters?
52, 81, or 162 Games?
Where are you at in the Season?
What roster did you start the season with? (Default, Launch Day Update, or a Custom; if Custom, which roster was the Custom created from?)

Can you describe the state you were in when you downloaded the latest roster update in more detail? What was saved that is not loading properly?

# 85 kac @ 04/15/16 10:49 PM
Quick fun game my only issue is i cant judge were the ball is going when its hit in the outfield.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

# 86 dubcity @ 04/16/16 01:59 AM
Digging the game. Probably played 20-25 games. Took a few to figure out the hitting, but now it's fun. It's perfect for people like me who don't want to invest 45-60 minutes to play a single game.

Only AI logic "bug" that I think should be addressed is the CPU opponent taking the starter out 1-2 innings too early. 90% of the time they are out before the end of the 5th, regardless of how many hits or runs they've given up.

# 87 boomhauertjs @ 04/16/16 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLBGames
Hi boomhauertjs, sorry to hear that.

What team are you playing with?
Full 25 or Classic 16 rosters?
52, 81, or 162 Games?
Where are you at in the Season?
What roster did you start the season with? (Default, Launch Day Update, or a Custom; if Custom, which roster was the Custom created from?)

Can you describe the state you were in when you downloaded the latest roster update in more detail? What was saved that is not loading properly?
It was during 2 exhibition games. I think one game was Rockies (me) v. Phillies (cpu). The other was Padres (me) v. Giants (cpu). They were with full 25 roster. I stopped playing and went to the Pause menu and selected Save and Quit and then closed the app. When I reopened the app and after it asked me if I wanted to continue my saved game, the stadium showed up (and the scoreboards were moving), but no players ever populated the field.

# 88 donkeydrop @ 04/16/16 09:32 PM
Playing on Xbox One and the game freezes during the All Star game; you can't sim the All Star game either so my season is dead. The game had the same issue last year although this time it freezes in the middle of the 1st after the AL bats and before NL bats.

# 89 Twigg4075 @ 04/18/16 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelounger456
At the half way point with 81 games played. Here is where some starts are at currently - focusing on those that are a bit out of whack to see if it matches up with anyone's findings since I am just a sample size of one.

Batting Average - after struggling with hitting I have gotten better and Votto is on a roll. He is now hitting .338 leading the majors. A good number to be leading the majors at. However only one other player - Bryce Harper is batting over .300 and he is hitting .308. Everyone else is below .300 and only 41 players are hitting over .250. Seems the CPU had as much trouble hitting as I did. I would except about 100 guys to be hitting over .250

HR - Votto in his hot streak has his HRs up to 15. Again a decent number for him but he is leading the majors 2 clear of Mike Trout and Chris Owings (bit of a surprise) with 13. So at least in my season HR are a bit too few.

Triples - Votto leading the way again with a whopping 3. Dee Gordon has 3 as well 2 of which I know he hit against me. Other than Gordon any other player with 2 is on my team. 6 non-Reds are the only other players to have hit 1 triple through 81 games

Doubles - Billy Burns has a good number of 24 but a drop of from him to a group at 17/16

OPS Votto dominating with a .900 no one else is above .800 Not a surprise with the low XBH stats so far from all teams.

Pitching - I am dominating with the Reds staff so I throw most of their odd numbers out. I will probably finish this season out on medium then increase to hard if I run another one so I don't have the top ERA and WHIP guys from my below average starters. One thing is Lance Lynn is on pace for 90 relief appearances 240 Ks and 260 innings. He seems to be the only really odd one in terms of innings
Hitting seems to be way low compared to last year. I'm not buying the whole "you need to hit the sweet part of the bat" stuff. There are tons of times where I get great contact on the meat of the bat only to get a soft dribbler or a weak pop up to the infield. There is a significant change from last years game as far as hitting and I don't think it's for the better. RBI is an arcade style baseball game. I had no issues with a few of my players hitting over .400 and one having 50 RBI on my 51 game season (or how ever many games it was). I'm using the Orioles and they are full of sluggers. Through about 10 games in my 162-game season I have a total of 4 homeruns. That's crazy. And it's not like anyone can use the "you're just out of practice" excuse. I literally went from finishing my season in RBI '15 one minute to playing a few Exhibition games in '16 and then starting a season. I've only had one game where there was a good amount of scoring. The rest have been 4-0 (CPU), 3-1, 2-0, 2-1 type games. It's like they were trying to get more 'realistic' this year but in turn just made it really boring by seriously nerfing the hitting.

Overall though, I'm still enjoying the game quite a bit. I'm just really bummed about the lack of offense. I really enjoyed '15 but just felt some glitches and quirks needed to be fixed.

# 90 Twigg4075 @ 04/18/16 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kac
Quick fun game my only issue is i cant judge were the ball is going when its hit in the outfield.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk
Do you have the static target on? There really shouldn't be any issues with the fielding whatsoever if that is on.

# 91 MLBGames @ 04/18/16 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeydrop
Playing on Xbox One and the game freezes during the All Star game; you can't sim the All Star game either so my season is dead. The game had the same issue last year although this time it freezes in the middle of the 1st after the AL bats and before NL bats.
Sorry to hear you encountered this issue. It was a problem with 16-man rosters in the roster update (only affected ASG in Classic 16 Season mode). If you download the latest roster update, this problem is fixed. But unfortunately you will need to restart your Season with the new roster.

# 92 roadman @ 04/18/16 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twigg4075
Hitting seems to be way low compared to last year. I'm not buying the whole "you need to hit the sweet part of the bat" stuff. There are tons of times where I get great contact on the meat of the bat only to get a soft dribbler or a weak pop up to the infield. There is a significant change from last years game as far as hitting and I don't think it's for the better. RBI is an arcade style baseball game. I had no issues with a few of my players hitting over .400 and one having 50 RBI on my 51 game season (or how ever many games it was). I'm using the Orioles and they are full of sluggers. Through about 10 games in my 162-game season I have a total of 4 homeruns. That's crazy. And it's not like anyone can use the "you're just out of practice" excuse. I literally went from finishing my season in RBI '15 one minute to playing a few Exhibition games in '16 and then starting a season. I've only had one game where there was a good amount of scoring. The rest have been 4-0 (CPU), 3-1, 2-0, 2-1 type games. It's like they were trying to get more 'realistic' this year but in turn just made it really boring by seriously nerfing the hitting.

Overall though, I'm still enjoying the game quite a bit. I'm just really bummed about the lack of offense. I really enjoyed '15 but just felt some glitches and quirks needed to be fixed.
I understand what you are saying and agree somewhat with my experiences so far, but wouldn't adding more hitting make it more arcade? RBI is trying to recreate what the game was 20 years ago, a 20 minute in and out game.

My first game of the season and I went into extra innings and won 1-0 on two consecutive singles and a gapper. Those are more exciting games to me than 9-5 games.

Just my opinion, my heart was racing in that first game.

To each their own.

# 93 Twigg4075 @ 04/18/16 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I understand what you are saying and agree somewhat with my experiences so far, but wouldn't adding more hitting make it more arcade? RBI is trying to recreate what the game was 20 years ago, a 20 minute in and out game.

My first game of the season and I went into extra innings and won 1-0 on two consecutive singles and a gapper. Those are more exciting games to me than 9-5 games.

Just my opinion, my heart was racing in that first game.

To each their own.
I was getting through games on '15 in 20-25 mins and there were way more hits, runs, etc. It was still a challenge and it came down to the wire as far as qualifying for the playoffs, so it wasn't like it was overly easily just because of the increased offense. Are 1-0 games that end in extra innings exciting? Sure, they can be. But games like that are exceptions, not the rule in MLB.

# 94 roadman @ 04/18/16 12:57 PM
Quote:
I was getting through games on '15 in 20-25 mins and there were way more hits, runs, etc. It was still a challenge and it came down to the wire as far as qualifying for the playoffs, so it wasn't like it was overly easily just because of the increased offense. Are 1-0 games that end in extra innings exciting? Sure, they can be. But games like that are exceptions, not the rule in MLB.
I get that, but RBI has never laid claims as being a sim baseball game like TheShow. It's a replica of the same game that came out 20 years ago on the Nintendo system, and back then, it was a 20 minute fun arcade game.

1-0 games are exciting if you are on the winning end.

For me, it's a great 20 minute escape.

# 95 Twigg4075 @ 04/18/16 01:25 PM
Quote:
I get that, but RBI has never laid claims as being a sim baseball game like TheShow. It's a replica of the same game that came out 20 years ago on the Nintendo system, and back then, it was a 20 minute fun arcade game.

1-0 games are exciting if you are on the winning end.

For me, it's a great 20 minute escape.
I fully realize that, which is why I enjoy it so much, and why I think it was much better last year as far as offense was concerned. Scoring a total of ONE run in extra innings is far from an 'arcade' experience.

# 96 roadman @ 04/18/16 02:05 PM
Quote:
I fully realize that, which is why I enjoy it so much, and why I think it was much better last year as far as offense was concerned. Scoring a total of ONE run in extra innings is far from an 'arcade' experience.
It's also a one game sample size.

As I mentioned above, to each their own.

# 97 Twigg4075 @ 04/18/16 02:22 PM
Quote:
It's also a one game sample size.

As I mentioned above, to each their own.
And as I said I've played 10 games in my season so far and all but one were very low scoring affairs. The hitting is OFF, I assure you. I won '14, '15 and now '16 and have played them all pretty extensively. It seems there might be more variety in the hits, which I like (I got a triple with Wieters after hitting into the centerfield nook at Fenway) but the overall lack of hits is disturbing. I've lost track with how many times I hit the big part of the bat to only hit some weak grounder or pop up.

# 98 roadman @ 04/18/16 02:37 PM
Quote:
And as I said I've played 10 games in my season so far and all but one were very low scoring affairs. The hitting is OFF, I assure you. I won '14, '15 and now '16 and have played them all pretty extensively. It seems there might be more variety in the hits, which I like (I got a triple with Wieters after hitting into the centerfield nook at Fenway) but the overall lack of hits is disturbing. I've lost track with how many times I hit the big part of the bat to only hit some weak grounder or pop up.
I haven't doubted what you said, the hitting is lighter this year. I've played them all too.

We just differ on what makes games more exciting. You like more 9-5 games and I like more 4 to 3 games.

Not that big of a deal.

# 99 MLBGames @ 04/18/16 02:48 PM
Quote:
I've lost track with how many times I hit the big part of the bat to only hit some weak grounder or pop up.
Hi Twigg4075, you don't just need to hit the big part of the bat, you need to hit near the middle of the "big part of the bat". Actually just slightly past the middle towards the tip - aka the sweet spot of the barrel. The part with pine tar on it cannot be contacted at all. Near the pine tar or near the tip is considered a bad contact location. Also, in addition to a hitting the sweet spot, timing obviously factors in as well.

If you make contact on the sweet spot, with good timing, the only possible outcomes are a line drive or fly ball. And since both of those factors were good, it will also have good power on it.

If both factors are bad, you will only get a weak grounder (dribbler or chopper) or pop-up.

If one factor is good and one is bad (e.g. good contact location with bad timing; or vice versa), you will have some chance for all hit types. In this case, the biggest chance is for a hard groundball. The smallest chance is for weak grounders and popups. Also, the power will be reduced compared to the "good/good" outcomes, and greater than the "bad/bad" outcomes.

Hope that helps to clarify.

# 100 Will I Am @ 04/18/16 03:28 PM
Don't have the game but I have a question about this "hitting the ball on the sweet spot", is there some aiming involved with the bat using a stick? I had presumed it was simply timing based hitting.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.