Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

SCEA has just released MLB The Show 16 patch 1.02. This post will get updated when we get the details.

UPDATE: Here are the details.
Quote:
  • Online gameplay softlock addressed: the game will no longer get into a pickoff state when a pitch is in flight or when a ball is in play.
  • Extensive work has been done to address the "Challenge failed" issue on PS4.
  • Fixed an issue where the game would soft lock (freeze) while a user on offense calls a timeout, as a user on defense attempts to pick off a runner on 1st.
  • Fixed an issue where the game would soft lock (freeze) when attempting to access Pitcher Attributes during an at bat with the score bar display option turned off.
  • Accounts in PS EU territories should now be able to purchase Stubs within game.
We will continue to work diligently on addressing other bugs and issues in the most expeditious way possible. Thank you all for your dedication and patience.

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 AncientDiety @ 04/08/16 04:50 PM
It didn't fix the issue with transferring RTTS players from 15 and the wrong team showing up on their player card ugh.

# 22 baseballsim @ 04/08/16 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven78
Challenge failed..............
I could be wrong but I think this message is related to some checks being made to see whether or not the matchup would even be worth it. If some of the checks fail then you'll get this message rather than entering the game that could potentially freeze or bluescreen in the middle of the game due to a bad connection.

# 23 Bullit @ 04/08/16 04:56 PM
Im closing this until we have patch notes. No need for a "they didn't fix this " thread. Steve or Millennium will post when there is more info.

# 24 NewNapkin @ 04/08/16 05:07 PM
Per their post over at The Show Nation:

# 25 Factzzz @ 04/08/16 05:10 PM
Exactly what i wanted to hear, tired of my games freezing in battle royale.

# 26 nemesis04 @ 04/08/16 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by prestwood90
So this basically is online play only fixes?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
This patch was, since online was basically crippled by some of those issues it had to be a main focus.

# 27 Neolithic @ 04/08/16 07:00 PM
Hopefully those of use who only go online to use the vaults will get some patch love soon. I hope.

I was admittedly excited when I saw the patch thread, then....disappointed it was all for online. Hopefully it's uncrippled for all those who play online, so they can work on the offline stuff for me!!

# 28 thedudedominick @ 04/08/16 07:11 PM
Still tons of Challenge Failed messages for me and my friends.

# 29 cjthisguy21 @ 04/08/16 07:12 PM
So check this out lol:
I was playing a ranked match just now, and my opponent took a timeout to get a pinch hitter for his pitcher, and the game not completely froze, but stopped with my pitcher (Chris Tillman) not even facing home plate lol. This happen to anybody else before/after the patch?

# 30 torpidbeaver @ 04/08/16 07:13 PM
Where do you go to get the 5000 stubs and free packs?

# 31 johnjimmy @ 04/08/16 07:43 PM
5,000 stubs and packs, nice

# 32 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 04/08/16 07:56 PM
Guys have the choppy frame rate issues been ironed out? I'm waiting to see if it gets addressed because I want to buy this game but refuse to if there are frame rate issues.

# 33 Ronoko @ 04/08/16 08:11 PM
They didn't fix the auto baserunning. Nearly got hosed on a sac fly.

# 34 LanteriX @ 04/08/16 08:23 PM
Patch says challenge failed addressed.

First 8 attempts at a DD game result in challenge failed.

Story checks out.

# 35 Ronoko @ 04/08/16 08:34 PM
Patch can only do so much. In the end, it's the server that needs to be fixed.

# 36 countryboy @ 04/08/16 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronoko
They didn't fix the auto baserunning. Nearly got hosed on a sac fly.
auto baserunning will most likely be in the next patch.

# 37 DaronAndrew @ 04/08/16 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
Guys have the choppy frame rate issues been ironed out? I'm waiting to see if it gets addressed because I want to buy this game but refuse to if there are frame rate issues.

No fixes for the frame rate issues...Still experiencing problems, during cutscenes especially.

# 38 WhiteBunny @ 04/08/16 08:51 PM
Probably they'll split the first patches to address online problems only. Nowdays these are the issues which hurt mostly a game and give it negative feedbacks. We have to wait a little longer for gameplay fixes, i suppose. Let's hope they don't give up, MLB 16 isn't a very polish release but i want to be positive.

# 39 puppies_on_acid @ 04/08/16 09:00 PM
Challenge failed! Is the name of the game in Diamond Dynasty right now. 35 attempts and counting.....

# 40 MDgolf @ 04/08/16 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaronAndrew
No fixes for the frame rate issues...Still experiencing problems, during cutscenes especially.

Seems a lot better for me...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.