Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

Due to the ongoing server issues with MLB The Show 16, SCEA will issue fans 5,000 stubs and 10 standard packs, acknowledging the frustration from owners. The stubs and packs will be delivered in waves, so if you aren't seeing them yet, please be patient. They should show up before Tuesday, April 12.

For those of you that have opened packs, let us know what you got!

Quote:
Every season, there’s nothing we look forward to more than finally getting a new version of MLB The Show into our fans’ hands. We spend our offseason striving to make the best baseball game possible, aided by an amazing community that buoys us with their support and terrific feedback.

The Show 16 is the culmination of all of that, a labor of love for all of us, and while we’re proud of everything we put in the package this year, our initial online experience has been inconsistent.

We apologize that the excitement of launch and the start of the season has been soured by these issues. Our team is taking every step necessary and working around the clock to stabilize our online servers as soon as possible.

In acknowledgment of the frustration these issues have caused, if you’ve played The Show 16 while connected to PlayStation Network before 1 pm PDT, Friday, April 8, we’re adding 5,000 stubs and 10 standard packs to your account. Stubs will show up automatically by Tuesday, April 12; no redemption required. Packs can be accessed in the “Open Packs” section by Tuesday, April 12 (via “Main Menu > My Locker > Inventory > Open Packs”).

To those of you who’ve reached out to us during this week, and to the many more who we haven’t heard from but who may have been affected, we extend our endless thanks and appreciation for your patience and ongoing support.

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Turbojugend @ 04/08/16 06:08 PM
Thumbs up SCEA!

I'm at work, are these perks showing up in anyone's inventory yet?

# 22 SwedishTouch76 @ 04/08/16 06:08 PM
Carlos Correra

# 23 HozAndMoose @ 04/08/16 06:09 PM
My pack luck SUCKS. EA, 2k, Sony. Im convinced they all got in a room and agreed to make me sad. Best pull was probably Kike Hernandez.. They still refuse to give me a decent catcher though.

My pulls
Spoiler

# 24 HozAndMoose @ 04/08/16 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
My best card was Chris Davis!
I hope you have better luck with him than i do

Those stats are a bit wrong though. Its not counting a couple games. Ive hit 1 HR with him.

# 25 Ghost Of The Year @ 04/08/16 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inTIMidati0n
Classy! Thanks SCEA team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is my sentiment, too.
Stay classy San Diego Studio.

# 26 Pandabear218 @ 04/08/16 06:16 PM
Best dev/client relationship in video games I've been apart of. I'm looking forward to seeing them in my inventory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 27 nemesis04 @ 04/08/16 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoezAndMoose
I hope you have better luck with him than i do

Those stats are a bit wrong though. Its not counting a couple games. Ive hit 1 HR with him.
Haha, I won't have to accomplish much to beat that.

# 28 HozAndMoose @ 04/08/16 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Haha, I won't have to accomplish much to beat that.
Its to the point where im gonna have to take him off the team. And i cant sell him cause he was my loyalty card.

# 29 AceAmy @ 04/08/16 06:33 PM
Thank You, I heard conglomerates sometimes do nice things for people I always thought that was just something people said.

# 30 Goose26 @ 04/08/16 07:13 PM
Kris Bryant, Mike Moustakas, a gold chest protector and gold shin guards. Not too shabby!

# 31 Don Jon @ 04/08/16 07:15 PM
I got a Rizzo gold and a diamond Sam bat mc1 maple.

# 32 Glenn33 @ 04/08/16 07:30 PM
I wasn't expecting this. Thank you so much.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

# 33 RoyceDa59 @ 04/08/16 07:33 PM
I haven't got mine yet, I hope I pull Altuve, wishful thinking?

# 34 Phil Parent @ 04/08/16 07:37 PM
Like I said numerous time, SCEA is the class of game developpers.

# 35 ChefBoyRT @ 04/08/16 07:42 PM
So have they said that they increased a high reward from these 10 packs? I ask that because if that's not the case, ya'll are having some damn good luck on your side ha!

# 36 dalger21 @ 04/08/16 07:43 PM
The best I got was Justin Verlander and a gold bat. They did something similar with the digital launch of '14 when we couldn't download it til Tues evening. Pretty awesome team that does stuff like that when they don't have to.

# 37 Spokker @ 04/08/16 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceAmy
Thank You, I heard conglomerates sometimes do nice things for people I always thought that was just something people said.
Corporations are people too, my friend.

Anyway, this is a great reimbursement for the troubles online. I pulled a Jose Abreu, but it would still be a great gesture even if I got crap cards.

# 38 brushbackpitch @ 04/08/16 07:44 PM
That's absolutely awesome!

# 39 dankwich19 @ 04/08/16 07:49 PM
Buster Posey and Chris davis

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

# 40 Ed_Farias @ 04/08/16 07:54 PM
Wow. You guys are having great luck. Still waiting for my packs.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.