Home
EA Sports UFC 2 News Post

EA Sports UFC 2 patch 1.05 and content update #2 is available now for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One fans, weighing in at just over 1 GB. The update adds 2 new fighters, Patrick Cote and Louis Smolka, as well as updates to UFC Ultimate Team and improvements to gameplay.

While Geoff Harrower, A.K.A. GameplayDevUFC, gave us plenty of details before the patch released today, full details can be seen below.

GAME MODE UPDATES
All-New Item Exchange: A brand new way for you to get more powerful items in UFC Ultimate Team. Exchange five (5) items in your Collection for a brand new random item that is a level higher. Exchange better items for a higher chance of getting rare fighter showcase moves items.
  • Added the ability to edit a created fighter's appearance at any time in Ultimate Team and Career Mode.
  • Added the display of the winning move, the player’s best move and the opponent’s best move after an Ultimate Team fight in the post-fight menu.
  • Added the ability to view more details about the fighters in Live Event fights.
GAMEPLAY UPDATES
  • Strike Intercept: Strikes landed within the opponent’s initial wind up phase of a strike will halt them from completing their strike.
  • Stockton Slap – 209 move added.
  • If a parry is mistimed, the block is not activated automatically.
  • Reduced speed of clinch attempts.
  • Improved AI logic for submissions and game plans.
  • Elbows and Punches in Muay Thai Clinch cannot intercept transition attempts.
  • Swaying away from the opponent will put the fighter at risk for higher body damage.
  • Bottom fighter is given Grapple Advantage after escaping finish the fight into back side.
  • Increased grapple advantage is given to bottom fighter while top fighter strikes in side control
  • Made the bottom fighter’s transition to side control from back side uninterruptible by strikes
  • In sprawl, the bottom fighter will now slowly accumulate grapple advantage, making escapes easier the longer they are held in that position.
  • Tuned damage on uppercut combos.
  • Clinch and Takedown attempts punish more when denied.
  • Updated Attribute/Perks/Moves for various fighters.
Source - EA Sports

Game: EA Sports UFC 2Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
EA Sports UFC 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 aholbert32 @ 04/12/16 01:27 PM

EA Sports UFC 2 patch 1.05 and content update #2 is available now for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One fans, weighing in at just over 1 GB. The update adds 2 new fighters, Patrick Cote and Louis Smolka, as well as updates to UFC Ultimate Team and improvements to gameplay.

While Geoff Harrower, A.K.A. GameplayDevUFC, gave us plenty of details before the patch released today, full details can be seen below.

GAME MODE UPDATES
All-New Item Exchange: A brand new way for you to get more powerful items in UFC Ultimate Team. Exchange five (5) items in your Collection for a brand new random item that is a level higher. Exchange better items for a higher chance of getting rare fighter showcase moves items.
  • Added the ability to edit a created fighter's appearance at any time in Ultimate Team and Career Mode.
  • Added the display of the winning move, the player’s best move and the opponent’s best move after an Ultimate Team fight in the post-fight menu.
  • Added the ability to view more details about the fighters in Live Event fights.
GAMEPLAY UPDATES
  • Strike Intercept: Strikes landed within the opponent’s initial wind up phase of a strike will halt them from completing their strike.
  • Stockton Slap – 209 move added.
  • If a parry is mistimed, the block is not activated automatically.
  • Reduced speed of clinch attempts.
  • Improved AI logic for submissions and game plans.
  • Elbows and Punches in Muay Thai Clinch cannot intercept transition attempts.
  • Swaying away from the opponent will put the fighter at risk for higher body damage.
  • Bottom fighter is given Grapple Advantage after escaping finish the fight into back side.
  • Increased grapple advantage is given to bottom fighter while top fighter strikes in side control
  • Made the bottom fighter’s transition to side control from back side uninterruptible by strikes
  • In sprawl, the bottom fighter will now slowly accumulate grapple advantage, making escapes easier the longer they are held in that position.
  • Tuned damage on uppercut combos.
  • Clinch and Takedown attempts punish more when denied.
  • Updated Attribute/Perks/Moves for various fighters.
Source - EA Sports

# 2 davidbix @ 04/12/16 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
The patch is live on the ps4! Should be live on X1 later today!
Grabbing it now...I don't remember the first game's patches being in the 1GB range?

# 3 BDKiiing @ 04/12/16 01:37 PM
Quote:
Cyborg, Cote, Tumenov, Larkin, Schvecenko

I'm really not interested in any classic fighters because the ones I want, the UFC wont put in their game.

Wonder if Mickey Gall gets put in.

Wish they'd do some top invicta prospects. I'd love Alexa Grasso in the game.

# 4 aholbert32 @ 04/12/16 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdolski
Wonder if Mickey Gall gets put in.

Wish they'd do some top invicta prospects. I'd love Alexa Grasso in the game.
I doubt they add Grasso until she gets to the UFC. I wouldnt be shocked if Kovalecski, Cyborg and Schevchenko get added.

Cote and Louis Smolka were added this patch.

# 5 bballshawn24 @ 04/12/16 01:47 PM
THANK YOU EA!

# 6 Thetruth9012 @ 04/12/16 01:54 PM
Just play vs cpu on pro KO in 1 round.

Wysłane z mojego LG-H525n przy użyciu Tapatalka

# 7 aholbert32 @ 04/12/16 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chmielu9123
Just play vs cpu on pro KO in 1 round.

Wysłane z mojego LG-H525n przy użyciu Tapatalka
Who did you play with?

# 8 JBate24 @ 04/12/16 02:23 PM
Trying to figure out how to do the Stockton Slap right now, doing Diaz v Diaz.

# 9 aholbert32 @ 04/12/16 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBate24
Trying to figure out how to do the Stockton Slap right now, doing Diaz v Diaz.
Taunt and then do the hook.

# 10 fballturkey @ 04/12/16 02:27 PM
I'd love to hear some feedback on if the AI is viable now in stand-up.

# 11 aholbert32 @ 04/12/16 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
I'd love to hear some feedback on if the AI is viable now in stand-up.
I'm running a card tonight so i'll have feedback around 8pm EST.

# 12 Gotmadskillzson @ 04/12/16 02:43 PM
One fight so far on Hard Cote vs Lawler. The meter for transitions, takedowns, etc. fills up much faster. A lot easier to defend take downs. CPU don't automatically INSTANTLY deny transitions anymore. Ground game seem to be slower and more realistic. You are now able to go to half guard and pound the body a tad bit before being put back into full guard.

Before when you passed to half guard, the CPU instantly put you back in full guard before you even got a chance to throw a punch. Got TKO'ed in the 2nd round.

I wish they add Okami to the roster.

# 13 pdandy @ 04/12/16 02:44 PM
I read couple posts about the AI over at the official forums. All were negative so far. Can't play today so looking forward to this forum's critique. Fingers crossed that those players are jumping to conclusions.

The thing I'm most interested in is whether it is still super easy to take the CPU down.

# 14 aholbert32 @ 04/12/16 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cingular
Ai still gas their stamina on Pro, but less parries. On the ground they go for the same transition repeatedly even after getting denied (Miesha Tate SC to Side Saddle). They at least stay in mount and are better there at ground and pound.
Lets try Hard. We've never found good results on Pro.

# 15 pdandy @ 04/12/16 03:09 PM
Would be cool if SkyNet can expand on "Plus AI improvements". What exactly was covered in this patch?

# 16 fballturkey @ 04/12/16 03:29 PM
They need to bite the bullet and give the AI straight up stat boosts on Pro. It sucks but it sucks less than having a noncompetitive AI.

# 17 Gotmadskillzson @ 04/12/16 03:30 PM
Just watched Sakuraba vs Gracie CPU vs CPU.

1st round a lot of stand up. Too much stand up for ground fighters IMO.

2nd and 3rd round was a grapple fest. Sakuraba took a lot of ground and pound damage to the face that use to be an instant TKO prior to the patch. Disappointed the AI still goes for the sitting back RNC way too often for a submission. Need way more variety in submission attempts by the CPU. I don't think I ever saw the CPU go for a heel hook or knee bar or ankle lock.

4th round started off with stand up, but then went to the ground with a lot of rolling around. Gracie ended up ground and pound Sakuraba in the face for a TKO.

I must say EA made Sakuraba very weak and the AI version of him plays nothing like the real life version. He attempted no rolling knee bars or kmuras from the bottom. I would like to see the AI do more ADVANCED take downs. I see single leg 99% of the time. Haven't seen any of the advanced take downs by the CPU at all.

Over all this match was much better then it was when I 1st ran it when the game 1st came out with the fight ending in the 1st round.

# 18 BDKiiing @ 04/12/16 04:02 PM
Quote:
I doubt they add Grasso until she gets to the UFC.
That's what I figure, wish they'd add some from Invicta that have a chance to come to UFC with their relationship.

# 19 Gotmadskillzson @ 04/12/16 04:10 PM
Played Cerrone vs Diaz. Diaz didn't do the stockon slap I was disappointed. I noticed it is a lot easier to recover from a "rocked" state. Fight went 3 rounds before Diaz submitted me. Also noticed it is a lot easier to survive to the 1st couple of submission attempts and switch submission attempts. I remember before a switch submission use to be an instant submission by the CPU.

CPU seem to attack the body a whole lot more. I like that. Before they use to head hunt 90% of the time it seemed. I wish judo throws and advanced throws did more damage though.

# 20 zmcman1 @ 04/12/16 04:48 PM
about to get some practice fights in, slap McGregor around a bit with Nate obviously. Can get back to my Universe tomorrow hopefully.

« Previous123456Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.