Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

2K Sports has just announced their NBA 2K17 Legend Edition, featuring Kobe Bryant and it's already available for pre-order at Amazon. (Note: The release date is a placeholder, no official release date has been confirmed).

The NBA 2K17 Legend Edition will include the following items.

Physical Items:
  • Limited-edition Kobe poster
  • Black Mamba controller skin
  • 2 Panini Kobe trading cards
Digital Content:
  • 30,000 Virtual Currency
  • MyTEAM Bundle + (including 3 packs with guaranteed Kobe Free Agent card)
  • 2K Kobe XI shoe
  • Kobe #8 Mitchell & Ness Jersey
  • Kobe hoodie
  • And more!

NBA 2K17 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K17 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 41 SteboSSK @ 04/13/16 03:03 PM
I'm going to assume you haven't been watching basketball or paid attn to the NBA in the last decade or so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdleRace
Why use a old current pic of Kobe.

Break out the Afro and #8. The good Kobe remember. I don't want to see the old #24 Kobe on a crap team for the last 8+ years losing without Shaq.

# 42 NYdreams @ 04/13/16 07:11 PM
Well idk.... i wanna spend the 80 on this.... but for 60 i could go digital and get the game right when it drops at midnight... versus waiting for UPS ... which they usually come my house about 7 PM 😩😩and having a disc ..... yea im kinda anti disc now but for the mamba..maybe ill make an exception

# 43 RyanLaFalce @ 04/13/16 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYdreams
Well idk.... i wanna spend the 80 on this.... but for 60 i could go digital and get the game right when it drops at midnight... versus waiting for UPS ... which they usually come my house about 7 PM [emoji30][emoji30]and having a disc ..... yea im kinda anti disc now but for the mamba..maybe ill make an exception

I'm a digital guy too, but I had to get the disc version. Also, I don't mind not being able to play at midnight because it's a sports game. To me, sports games don't have midnight urgency.

# 44 NINJAK2 @ 04/13/16 07:35 PM
Like the cover... I would have chosen to put FroBe on the left, post Shaq kobe on the right and Old man kobe waiving goodbye.

# 45 ATLBrayden @ 04/13/16 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdleRace
Kobe and the Lakers have been worse than my Bucks the last 8 years.

When is the last time Kobe did anything in the playoffs?
Interesting, what year in the past 8 did the Bucks 2 peat? I don't quite remember.

Also Kobe averaged 30/5.7/5.6 in the 08-09 run and 30/5.3/5.5 in the 09-10 run. Averaged 32.4/5.6/7.4 in the 08-09 finals and won FMVP. Averaged 28.6/8/4 in 09-10 and won FMVP again.
Averaged 27/5.6/6 before he popped his achilles and his career went downhill.

Anyways, can't wait to cop this. I hope it has some cool Kobe related stuff in the game like the MJ one did a few years back

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

# 46 ghettog @ 04/13/16 10:01 PM
Kobe Free Agent card? Meaning 2016 Kobe? I was hoping for at least a afro Kobe card. It doesn't really seem worth it but I pre-ordered because I love Kobe and I got the Amazon prime discount. I hope the "and more" is something worthwhile and not just like a MyPlayer Kobe hat.

# 47 bateman11 @ 04/13/16 11:45 PM
Kobe's gonna have a lot of extra time on his hands this summer... Maybe we get him as a mentor for your MyPlayer? Would be awesome for him to play a role in the development of the next game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 48 NoLeafClover @ 04/14/16 12:06 AM
Kobe hat3r crew checking in

Wake me when some gameplay improvements get announced

Lol the word "h ater" is censored on here?

# 49 daveberg @ 04/14/16 06:11 AM
So basically another 2k rip off. Stick Kobe on the cover and offer a few meaningless bits and pieces and charge the world for it. Just like this years MJ edition.

At least offer some new games modes relating to Bryant or something.

# 50 Gosens6 @ 04/14/16 06:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
So basically another 2k rip off. Stick Kobe on the cover and offer a few meaningless bits and pieces and charge the world for it. Just like this years MJ edition.

A rip off? To YOU maybe. Kobe Bryant is my hero. I've been watching that man since I was 10 years old and he's the reason I love this sport today.

So to some off us, this is pretty freaking awesome and I for one can't wait to own it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

# 51 redsox4evur @ 04/14/16 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettog
Kobe Free Agent card? Meaning 2016 Kobe? I was hoping for at least a afro Kobe card. It doesn't really seem worth it but I pre-ordered because I love Kobe and I got the Amazon prime discount. I hope the "and more" is something worthwhile and not just like a MyPlayer Kobe hat.
Nah the and more is going to another MyPlayer Kobe jersey or Kobe socks, something stupid like that.

# 52 Vni @ 04/14/16 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Nah the and more is going to another MyPlayer Kobe jersey or Kobe socks, something stupid like that.
Or else it'd be advertised. Probably something pretty irrelevant.

Quote:
There might be special Kobe game modes in the game but they woudn't advertise them now as they would be in the stock game. We'll hear about it at the end of the summer if that's in.

# 53 daveberg @ 04/14/16 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
A rip off? To YOU maybe. Kobe Bryant is my hero. I've been watching that man since I was 10 years old and he's the reason I love this sport today.

So to some off us, this is pretty freaking awesome and I for one can't wait to own it.

And MJ is my 'hero' but charging over the top for a custom cover and a few bits of myplayer stuff is extortionate. You could get someone to make you a custom cover and save your pennies.

Like I said, new game modes featuring Kobe or his best games, sure, that'd be worth the cash.

# 54 Gosens6 @ 04/14/16 10:31 AM
Quote:
And MJ is my 'hero' but charging over the top for a custom cover and a few bits of myplayer stuff is extortionate. You could get someone to make you a custom cover and save your pennies.

Like I said, new game modes featuring Kobe or his best games, sure, that'd be worth the cash.
You also get a poster and a controller skin and some other cool items I think is worth the price.

Also, you think they're going to reveal any new game modes in April? Do you know 2K sports marketing?

# 55 LeBronistheKing @ 04/14/16 12:52 PM
Really hoping that there is some added Kobe content, similar to the 2k11 Jordan content. Anything that adds different classic teams and player models to the game is worth the price. Would love some classic games, like the ones that have been mentioned before, but in terms of new teams, there has to be a prime Kobe vs LeBron game. That would be a great way to get the 2009 Cavaliers in the game vs the 2009 Word Champion Lakers. To tell you the truth, in terms of Kobe vs LeBron there are a few teams they could add, would be cool to get their first meeting in 2004 and then I could finally get my Rookie LeBron and 2004 Cavaliers team. Also obviously the 2006 Lakers would be included for the 81 point game against the Raptors, which gives us 2006 Raptors with young Chris Bosh. As a LeBron fan I respect Kobe and always enjoyed their rivalry, it would be such a shame to not include it if they are doing a Jordan Challenge like treatment for Kobe's career.

# 56 LO6IX @ 04/14/16 01:27 PM
Would it be possible to get the 2009 or 2010 Lakers in this game?

# 57 BA2929 @ 04/14/16 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinsanityLives
2k has really started to 'sell out'. Always milking everything now. A pre order in April? .. We haven't even seen gameplay or anything. Man oh man do they need good old fashioned competition again.

I like the Kobe cover though.

Not sure why competition matters when it comes to offering pre-orders. If someone knows they want this, why can't they pre-order it? You can always cancel it whenever you want on Amazon with no penalty.

This is marketing 101, not "selling out". 2k was smart to jump on the Kobe hype train on his last day, offer a Kobe edition with pre-orders and get people excited about the game in Sept/Oct. The other game probably wishes they did this right about now.

I mean, it's great you want to wait until you see more info before diving in to buying the game, but if someone wants to reserve a copy at no risk right now, more power to them.

# 58 Vni @ 04/14/16 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinsanityLives
2k has really started to 'sell out'. Always milking everything now. A pre order in April? .. We haven't even seen gameplay or anything. Man oh man do they need good old fashioned competition again.

I like the Kobe cover though.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Pretty smart marketing imo. Can't blame them. If you can sell tons of pre order 6 months before release without even showing anything you take the opportunity lol. I would never pre order personally tbh.

# 59 Vni @ 04/14/16 04:05 PM
Game changes a lot for a year to year basis game in my opinion. It may not be as spectacular as it was 6 years ago but so far I could never call the 2K developpers lazy. Imo they made very average games, I think 2K13 was very average and downright bad from a sim gameplay standpoint but it wasn't because of the lack of effort.

# 60 ATLBrayden @ 04/14/16 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LO6IX
Would it be possible to get the 2009 or 2010 Lakers in this game?
They most likely will be, at least I hope so. They added tons of 2000-2013 teams this year and with it being Kobe's last year and his own special cover I can't see them not adding 09-10.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.