Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

In the coming weeks, EA Sports will release another update for Madden NFL 16, introducing a brand new mode to Madden Ultimate Team - Salary Cap Ranked Beta.

Quote:
Salary Cap Ranked Beta is not just a new game mode, it’s a fundamental change that is felt throughout the entire Madden Ultimate Team experience by assigning a Cap Value to every player and redefining how to assemble a lineup. This is being referred to as a “Beta” because of the size of the feature and the timing of when we're releasing it. When we ran the Madden Challenge on Draft Champions Ranked, we heard your voices. It was clear that there was a major appetite to support competitive games in the Madden Ultimate Team structure. We asked our Continuous Development Team if we could develop Salary Cap Ranked in time to release it during the Madden NFL 16 cycle. The answer was a resounding “yes, we can.” The word “Beta” certainly does not reflect the quality of the feature. However we are anxious to hear what you think and what kind of improvements you would like to see in the future.

Before we go any further, I do want to make it clear that the traditional way of playing MUT has not changed or been excluded. You can still play with the full lineups that you are accustomed to in Solo Challenges and Seasons H2H play. Salary Cap Ranked Beta is simply a new test of mastery as you’ll need to be equally as skilled with building your lineup as you are with playing with them on the field.

Read more about the Madden Ultimate Team - Salary Cap Ranked Beta here.

Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 4thQtrStre5S @ 04/15/16 12:04 PM
The initial statement has me concerned.

So no more teams with all 99 OVR ratings?

Wonder if this is also a part of potentially revealing a new player rating system for M17, where we will see fewer players bunched at the top of the rating scale to help differentiate between good and great players?

# 2 CM Hooe @ 04/15/16 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
So no more teams with all 99 OVR ratings?
From the article:

Quote:
Before we go any further, I do want to make it clear that the traditional way of playing MUT has not changed or been excluded. You can still play with the full lineups that you are accustomed to in Solo Challenges and Seasons H2H play. Salary Cap Ranked Beta is simply a new test of mastery as you’ll need to be equally as skilled with building your lineup as you are with playing with them on the field.

# 3 4thQtrStre5S @ 04/15/16 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
From the article:
Oh thank you; sorry I didn't see the link..Will read the article now...Sorry about that.

# 4 howboutdat @ 04/15/16 12:27 PM
is it just me, or does this seem like EA is trying to figure out a way to get those who dont like MUT due to it being basically a lobby ball 2h2 area with bought teams , mainly CFM heads, to try n get them into playing MUT?

# 5 4thQtrStre5S @ 04/15/16 12:30 PM
After reading the article, I believe this is going to be a very fun game mode; looking forward to playing...I also like how the Salary cap for each player could offer another means to quickly judge a player's ability.

# 6 NDAlum @ 04/15/16 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
is it just me, or does this seem like EA is trying to figure out a way to get those who dont like MUT due to it being basically a lobby ball 2h2 area with bought teams , mainly CFM heads, to try n get them into playing MUT?
It's a great idea because somebody like me who never goes into a random game might try it.

Next they would have to eliminate the game exploits.

# 7 howboutdat @ 04/15/16 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
It's a great idea because somebody like me who never goes into a random game might try it.

Next they would have to eliminate the game exploits.
would be better if they put that much focus into improving CFM though, thats the issue i have here. Putting more and more time into MUT, hoping more will spend money in it..... If CFM mode was good , id think about trying this out, but until then , MUT still on ban for me.

# 8 NDAlum @ 04/15/16 12:43 PM
My "might try" is about a 5% chance...

I'm still a CFM guy. If they burned MUT to the ground I'd be happy.

# 9 SolidSquid @ 04/15/16 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
My "might try" is about a 5% chance...

I'm still a CFM guy. If they burned MUT to the ground I'd be happy.
But then there'd be no where to spend your extra cash....

# 10 Ueauvan @ 04/15/16 02:39 PM
the cynic in me thinks that all current players you have cant be used in salary cap version ...
ker .. ching

# 11 bcruise @ 04/15/16 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ueauvan
the cynic in me thinks that all current players you have cant be used in salary cap version ...
ker .. ching
Sorry to disappoint your cynic.

Quote:
Once the new Salary Cap Beta Title Update is released, you will notice every player item in Madden Ultimate Team now has a new number on the front of the item. This is what we’re calling the player’s “Cap Value” and that is simply to convey how powerful that particular item is in Madden Ultimate Team.
Quote:
Instead of selecting players from a 15-round Draft Pool, you’ll be using Player Items from your Item Binder to assemble a 34-man lineup and the sum of those 34 player’s Cap Value cannot exceed a 1000 point Cap Total.
I guess my only question is - what kind of a team can you build with 1000 points? Or, asked another way - how much is each tier of players worth in cap points? Given that you only have to fill 34 lineup slots, it seems like these would still be some pretty stacked teams.

# 12 Ueauvan @ 04/15/16 02:51 PM
thats good, now if only i played a mode other than cfm

# 13 howboutdat @ 04/15/16 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ueauvan
thats good, now if only i played a mode other than cfm
Oh but dont you see, this is a MUT just for people like you to try out. Come to the dark side and just try it out. Soon you too will be spending more money with us.Then maybe we can get enough away from CFM we can make this the new CFM base...

# 14 CM Hooe @ 04/15/16 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
Oh but dont you see, this is a MUT just for people like you to try out. Come to the dark side and just try it out. Soon you too will be spending more money with us.Then maybe we can get enough away from CFM we can make this the new CFM base...
As long as there are casual players who just want to take their favorite team through the current season and win the Super Bowl - and there are plenty - Franchise as we know it isn't going anywhere.

It's perfectly okay if there are other modes in the game to bring more people under the giant tent that is the Madden audience.

# 15 koolaid251 @ 04/15/16 09:20 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if they got rid of CFM and just focused on Mut it makes all the money anyways.

# 16 roadman @ 04/15/16 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by koolaid251
I wouldn't be surprised if they got rid of CFM and just focused on Mut it makes all the money anyways.
CFM is a focus this year, not at the bottom of the scrap heat.

If MUT makes more money, doesn't anyone think other areas of the game benefit.

We'll all find out soon enough how much improvement went into CFM

# 17 ChaseB @ 04/15/16 11:18 PM
This just strikes me as the logical next step. Many already call for this type of thing, and it's another aspect of these fantasy modes that's mostly untapped to this point. It's easier to "justify" in a game where the real sport has a salary cap, but I personally think it should -- and will -- find its way to most of these modes over the next couple years as another way to balance the mode while still giving people a new way to team build. In other words, in theory it's the best of both worlds in terms of creating a longer tail for the mode in another new way.

# 18 whitey7886 @ 04/16/16 09:36 AM
I have no problem with them making money and adding this. IF people want to spend their money then let them. I dont play this mode but if you like fantasy football then its right up your ally. I hope they improve CFM and I believe they will.

# 19 oneamongthefence @ 04/16/16 05:40 PM
Sounds like draft kings or fanduel. I would enjoy it I think.

Sent from my LG-AS991 using Tapatalk

# 20 phant030 @ 04/17/16 09:05 AM
With the addition and expansion of fantasy modes, there is no excuse for a simulation ranked mode to not be in games. Even if a alternate playlist, it should be there.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.