Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

In the coming weeks, EA Sports will release another update for Madden NFL 16, introducing a brand new mode to Madden Ultimate Team - Salary Cap Ranked Beta.

Quote:
Salary Cap Ranked Beta is not just a new game mode, it’s a fundamental change that is felt throughout the entire Madden Ultimate Team experience by assigning a Cap Value to every player and redefining how to assemble a lineup. This is being referred to as a “Beta” because of the size of the feature and the timing of when we're releasing it. When we ran the Madden Challenge on Draft Champions Ranked, we heard your voices. It was clear that there was a major appetite to support competitive games in the Madden Ultimate Team structure. We asked our Continuous Development Team if we could develop Salary Cap Ranked in time to release it during the Madden NFL 16 cycle. The answer was a resounding “yes, we can.” The word “Beta” certainly does not reflect the quality of the feature. However we are anxious to hear what you think and what kind of improvements you would like to see in the future.

Before we go any further, I do want to make it clear that the traditional way of playing MUT has not changed or been excluded. You can still play with the full lineups that you are accustomed to in Solo Challenges and Seasons H2H play. Salary Cap Ranked Beta is simply a new test of mastery as you’ll need to be equally as skilled with building your lineup as you are with playing with them on the field.

Read more about the Madden Ultimate Team - Salary Cap Ranked Beta here.

Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 jpdavis82 @ 04/17/16 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phant030
With the addition and expansion of fantasy modes, there is no excuse for a simulation ranked mode to not be in games. Even if a alternate playlist, it should be there.
Be it on Twitter or wherever, the sim community needs to be more vocal with the devs about things like aggressive catch so that the MUT and more casual crowd don't get the game patched to be more to their liking. The MUT community is very vocal with the devs so we as the sim community need to be at least as vocal as they are to prevent that from happening with 17. When I say vocal I'm talking about constructive meaningful feedback not how much you think the game sucks or that another company can do better, your opinion will not be heard if you do that, trust me, they want to hear our feedback just NOT in that manner.

# 22 tshokunbi @ 04/17/16 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Be it on Twitter or wherever, the sim community needs to be more vocal with the devs about things like aggressive catch so that the MUT and more casual crowd don't get the game patched to be more to their liking. The MUT community is very vocal with the devs so we as the sim community need to be at least as vocal as they are to prevent that from happening with 17. When I say vocal I'm talking about constructive meaningful feedback not how much you think the game sucks or that another company can do better, your opinion will not be heard if you do that, trust me, they want to hear our feedback just NOT in that manner.

Just an FYI. The MUT community is just as frustrated with Aggressive catch as the sim community.

# 23 Ueauvan @ 04/17/16 02:03 PM
well as i have residual income and dont have kids i could MUT ... but i dont play online

ill save my pennies buying classic 1st ed d&d stuff and being all old school ... ie (dang just spent 2 mins figuring out how to spell old schoolie, i am getting old)

# 24 jpdavis82 @ 04/17/16 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshokunbi
Just an FYI. The MUT community is just as frustrated with Aggressive catch as the sim community.
I'm talking about how the game was when it first came out vs now and that's because of the MUT and tournament community complaining that AC was overpowered, when the game came out at first it was a great playing game, now it's been dumbed down by patches and suction tackling is back in the game.

# 25 fballturkey @ 04/17/16 03:06 PM
I've been calling for this since UT debuted.

# 26 Pappy Knuckles @ 04/18/16 03:05 AM
Draft Champions has been a welcome addition for me. I don't like regular MUT, but this sounds like it has potential.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Tapatalk

# 27 jpdavis82 @ 04/18/16 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
Well JP,Maybe the Devs need to make themselves more open ,so we know who they are to even contact. Some of us have been very vocal for the CFM community, in a good way, with videos, and even detailed broken down issues we see and how they need to change for years now.However alot of the time, they seem to just overlook it IMO.

It has been said they even look on this site, as well as some others, and there is never not a huge amount of lists people post of things they want improved for CFM.We are vocal , and some of us , very vocal , and with rather detailed info. Maybe if CFM didnt come out totally broken, while MUT comes out just fine at launch, maybe more people wouldnt feel like they were wasting their time in trying to be more vocal. Just a thought.
They have planned all along to focus on gameplay first, I think starting this year more and more people will feel like their voices asking for CFM improvement at a large degree, will feel like they are finally listening.

I think I've kind of had a slogan for the past few years and if I had one for 17, it's that Madden 17 will be the year CFM fans have been waiting for as far as number of features improved/added, it all comes down to the quality and execution of it but I think this year fans won't feel like CFM got the shaft again.

# 28 howboutdat @ 04/18/16 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
They have planned all along to focus on gameplay first, I think starting this year more and more people will feel like their voices asking for CFM improvement at a large degree, will feel like they are finally listening.

I think I've kind of had a slogan for the past few years and if I had one for 17, it's that Madden 17 will be the year CFM fans have been waiting for.
i really hope your right. If so then we should be seeing the ability to set defensive match ups( by far the highest requested feature by the community , without a doubt), regression fixed, contract resigns redone, better game prep,setting formation subs, and a true draft board ( since they laid the foundation for it last year , surely this gets done) to name a few.

i mean , last year was quite a let down , when told they put more resources into CFM. Also , does EA even remember they still have a CFM website that they havent done anything useful to in years? Why not?

# 29 CM Hooe @ 04/18/16 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
the ability to set defensive match ups( by far the highest requested feature by the community , without a doubt)
We're getting off-topic here a bit, but I don't think this actually true.

# 30 Allball76 @ 04/19/16 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
The initial statement has me concerned.

So no more teams with all 99 OVR ratings?

Wonder if this is also a part of potentially revealing a new player rating system for M17, where we will see fewer players bunched at the top of the rating scale to help differentiate between good and great players?
that's what they need to make elite players stand out! just to make ppl special and play better they have to put elite player ratings above 100! wouldn't have to if the avg players were (50) to (65) overall

# 31 Allball76 @ 04/19/16 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
As long as there are casual players who just want to take their favorite team through the current season and win the Super Bowl - and there are plenty - Franchise as we know it isn't going anywhere.

It's perfectly okay if there are other modes in the game to bring more people under the giant tent that is the Madden audience.
We want them to make money , but then they have the funds to put it back into the game and cfm .They should no excuses they should have all the resources they need to make CFM great!

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.