Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

MLB The Show 16 Patch 1.03 is available now, check out the details below and let us know what you are seeing!
  • FLS traffic reduced and signaling fixes. This should resolve the “Challenge Failed” issue encountered when connecting to any Head to Head Online game mode.
  • Play VS CPU (in Diamond Dynasty) had some pitcher energy issues. Entering conquest mode (3 inning games), then backing out, would negatively affect all Pitchers energy when returning back to Play vs CPU in Diamond Dynasty mode. This is now fixed.
  • Entitlement pending popup fix on boot up. For new users (with entitlements) or for users who purchase on the website. When those users logged in, they were not being alerted that they had entitlements pending. This is now fixed and users will be prompted upon boot up to redeem these products.
  • Within Diamond Dynasty, the PA Announcer would often say the user's location audio as opposed to the opponent who is up to bat. This is now fixed.
  • Within Franchise mode, the title could crash when attempting to navigate the Schedule during the Offseason with a Year-to-Year save file. The game could crash trying to access pitcher stats in the offseason. We added a check to prevent updating the pitcher data during the offseason. This issue is now resolved.
  • We've removed the reward popup from screen flow to speed up services. We still show it on login and when returning from game so this should have no issues
  • The game would crash in defensive positioning quick screen during online head to head games. This is now resolved.
  • Card Rewards in DD had misnamed animations in the post-game reward screen, causing the wrong cards to disappear, which caused user to think he was getting a different card in some situations. This has been fixed.
  • Within Season/Franchise mode, all games on the schedule were said to be starting at 1 PM. This UI visual but has been fixed.
  • Within Conquest mode and Diamond Dynasty-Play vs CPU, there was a crash in the pause menu within the Advanced Pitching options.
  • The Ball Trail was stuck on at all times in RTTS modes, no matter what the option was set to. This should now be fixed.
  • Within Season/Franchise, when progressing with a Year to Year save, the game could crash during the offseason while scrolling through particular parts of the menu. This is now fixed.
  • During online games, if the batter called a timeout (or practice swung) at the same time the pitcher was attempting to pitch, the game would occasionally freeze, and neither user could progress or use their pause menu. One user would have to quit the application. This is now believed to be fixed.
  • Fix for online entry options getting reset before going into an online game. Retractable roofs would not close, night and day, weather options, and month of the year would function. This is now fixed.
  • Sounds of the Show could crash within its menus, if you had certain music files with large amounts of metadata. Rare enough but could affect a number of users. This is now fixed.
  • Please refrain from using Perks as a RTTS pitcher as it will cause the game to crash for the time being. We have a fix and it will be included in our next update.
Source - The Show Nation

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Chisoxfan14 @ 04/16/16 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KGHerm
If this happens all the time, could you perhaps produce some video of it? That would definitely help the developers more than comparing it to a car and claiming the game is completely broken. I, for one, use auto base running and have played ~20 games and have yet to see an issue.
Ramone has been sent at least four from me personally

# 42 bcruise @ 04/16/16 06:13 PM
Had two great games from the friends list today. Flawless connections, and both challenges worked on the first try.

So glad I can finally enjoy this game online now.

# 43 Armor and Sword @ 04/16/16 06:15 PM
Online is working amazingly now.

# 44 mlbsorrento44 @ 04/16/16 06:19 PM
I've had issues with runners going home on a play they wouldn't possible go on in real life.....They need that fixed...That's the one thing that has really stuck out to me...

# 45 WaitTilNextYear @ 04/16/16 06:33 PM
I am an auto baserunning man and have seen the hesitation "bug" in a handful of conquest mode games. I've also become somewhat proficient at predicting when a baserunner might get cold feet and intervening to manually advance him. I mean it'll have to do until the issue is fixed. I didn't have any issues with auto baserunning in '15 so I imagine they'll be able to tackle this.

Part of me is glad that all I do for the first month or so after release is work on rosters because by the time I am ready to dive in, many of these bugs have already been ironed out. Good to see some of the more irritating ones getting addressed here and hopefully the next patch is more geared toward offline and gameplay/visual issues.

# 46 AClaud98 @ 04/16/16 07:21 PM
RTTS pitcher crash really frustrating. Guess no perks for a while.

# 47 niles08 @ 04/16/16 07:22 PM
Just played 5 games with no connection failed. 3 of those were against a friend who I couldn't connect with to save my life. Had over 50 failed connections with no game actually going through prior to today.

Thank you for the fix.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

# 48 Juzbee @ 04/16/16 07:27 PM
Can we ditch the "car" analogy? A wheel coming off a car is something that can kill you, and/or other people. Too extreme.

That being said, I am curious about this issue. As I said, I have not seen it, and I would like it to stay that way. It's difficult to really get a handle on how many people are experiencing this, but it seems from this thread that there are maybe 2 or 3 reporting it. That makes me think it could be something else (a setting, or perhaps it's in conjunction with some other bug) that is making this occur. I know one thing for sure, and that's that if the dev's cannot replicate it, it won't get fixed. So most definitely capturing some video would be a great idea.

# 49 Turbojugend @ 04/16/16 07:36 PM
Is anyone getting the "Gameplay Recording Paused" pop-up back even though it's been disabled? Also, I can't find the option in the Share menu, maybe the latest OS update removed it?

# 50 bcruise @ 04/16/16 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
Is anyone getting the "Gameplay Recording Paused" pop-up back even though it's been disabled? Also, I can't find the option in the Share menu, maybe the latest OS update removed it?
I always get that, but only because I never bother to disable it. The option's in the console-level settings menu, under notifications.

# 51 Billy702 @ 04/16/16 07:49 PM
After I downloaded it I got the blinking blue light?!?! Anyone else get this problem?

# 52 Turbojugend @ 04/16/16 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I always get that, but only because I never bother to disable it. The option's in the console-level settings menu, under notifications.
Thank you sir, found it.

Unfortunately the game now seems to ignore this setting as I already had it disabled. I tried turning it on and off, restarting the game, nothing works.

# 53 LastActionHero @ 04/16/16 08:03 PM
Can I buy a car in this thread?

# 54 baseballsim @ 04/16/16 08:14 PM
These October four o'clock shadows are beautiful!

# 55 cjthisguy21 @ 04/16/16 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmascarello
Your entitled to your opinion obviously. But if you dont like the logic with autobaserunning, why dont you just run the bases manually? Its not that diffcult.

I just dont get how that would deem the game "broken". But to each his own, I guess.
"It's not that difficult" It's really not though lol.
I also didn't see what was so hard about fielding in RTTS in the previous versions (14, 15 at least). They changed it, I don't know why but I wish they'd put it back. And I was hoping that they'd cover it in this patch or at all this year. They fixed the ball trail issue but I hope they fix the other things like the RTTS Fielding camera and the red ball halo lol. A man can dream though right? 😆

# 56 bcruise @ 04/16/16 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
Thank you sir, found it.

Unfortunately the game now seems to ignore this setting as I already had it disabled. I tried turning it on and off, restarting the game, nothing works.
That sucks. Then it's a bug, either with the game or the console firmware (my money's on firmware).

Have you checked in other games?

# 57 vegasmike @ 04/16/16 08:49 PM
hopefully they will eventually fix online vs team stats. you still can't see how you did with each team. and the box scores need to be fixed when a game is not finished for any reason.

# 58 bcruise @ 04/16/16 09:07 PM
Okay....there's more to this Blocked scenes thing than meets the eye. The first time I tried to check in the Show, it did give me the blocked notification even while un-checked. Then I went to fire up Tales of Zestiria, which is notable for blocking just about all video/screenshot content, and the option worked fine to turn it off. At that point I was convinced it was The Show, but then when I went back to the baseball game with the option disabled, I didn't get the message again. So, I don't know what just happened, but you might try going into another game that you know blocks content, enable the option and let it show the notification, un-check it again and go back into The Show.

That's a strange one. Has to be a firmware bug.

# 59 Ghost Of The Year @ 04/16/16 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero
Yes. I have just the thing for you: A slightly used, pre-owned model Show 15. A little old lady in Pasadena was the previous owner, & she only used it on Sundays, and never more than 2 hours on a given Sunday. Has a great engine & won't overheat either.
So what's it gonna take to put you in this baby?
But srsly, what's the record for patches in the first month of a games release? I think Show 16 may be in contention to break that record.

# 60 Juzbee @ 04/16/16 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero
If you're buying a new car, best idea is to wait a few months after the model year has been introduced.. Ya know, so you can be sure you aren't buying a lemon or a death trap. Never a good idea to pre-order a car.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.