Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

Hey there! It's just me, little ole' Millennium announcing our next

SUPER HUGE TWITCH STREAM NEWS

We will have MLB The Show 16 OSFM Version 1 rosters to show off 4/17 at 5 PM ET on our Twitch channel. That's right, before you can download them yourselves (at 6:00 PM ET) come see them in action, find out how they will affect your franchise strategy and have a little fun with your friendly neighborhood forum admin!

Go to Twitch.Tv/OperationSports and follow the channel so that you will be notified when we go live tomorrow for OSFM Day!!!

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Jr. @ 04/16/16 10:23 PM
When did this become such an event?

# 2 Ghost Of The Year @ 04/16/16 10:24 PM
This should be a 3 hour event, maybe that'll keep enough people away from DL'ing it at the same time & overloading the server.

# 3 WaitTilNextYear @ 04/17/16 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
When did this become such an event?
This year?

OS does seem to be leaning on Twitch more and more as a promotional platform in order to create "events." But they're hardly the only ones doing this.

I can only imagine the rage this announcement will invoke in some people waiting for the OSFM rosters--knowing that the rosters are actually done, yet they have to wait another hour. Some folks are going to lose it.

EDIT: Case in point, this thread already has all 4 of the ratings as 1-star ratings.

# 4 Jr. @ 04/17/16 12:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
This year?

OS does seem to be leaning on Twitch more and more as a promotional platform in order to create "events." But they're hardly the only ones doing this.

I can only imagine the rage this announcement will invoke in some people waiting for the OSFM rosters--knowing that the rosters are actually done, yet they have to wait another hour. Some folks are going to lose it.

EDIT: Case in point, this thread already has all 4 of the ratings as 1-star ratings.
I've never seen OS operate like this before. Seems like it's more about grabbing attention or clicks or something, over the community.

# 5 WaitTilNextYear @ 04/17/16 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
I've never seen OS operate like this before. Seems like it's more about grabbing attention or clicks or something, over the community.
Well they do have to pay the bills I doubt server costs are getting any cheaper or that our meager $20 one-time "blue name" donations are keeping them afloat.

Honestly, I get more irritated by the ads that put my internet browser in a spin cycle than any of these new promotional strategies.

But this is probably a topic better for another thread and another day...

# 6 TheBleedingRed21 @ 04/17/16 01:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
I do agree. I don't recall there ever being this much promotion for the rosters. They are great and all, but I am surprised they are being "showcased" before release. I've been and always will be respectful and grateful to the creators, but maybe they should've been released at the same time as this stream or soon as they were done. That's how it has always been as Jr. has mentioned. Either way, I'll be catching the stream at 5 tomorrow, Mill has truly gained a fan in me with his awesome streaming.

# 7 HustlinOwl @ 04/17/16 02:01 AM
Happy bday to me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

# 8 charlston87 @ 04/17/16 04:46 AM
This is going to be the most [emoji91] stream of the year !

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Tapatalk

# 9 neil.mortland @ 04/17/16 05:24 AM
12 hours....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 10 Gosens6 @ 04/17/16 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
So if you owned your own website, you wouldn't want to do whatever you could to generate traffic to your site?

It's smart business. People are all over twitch and twitter. This isn't hurting anyone. It's kind of fun and it generates new traffic to this site

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

# 11 CKW11 @ 04/17/16 05:52 AM
This is gonna get ugly.

# 12 Ghost Of The Year @ 04/17/16 06:51 AM
These guys can't win by giving an ETA. They can't win by giving an exact release time.
OSFM is Operation Sports Full Minors. It's only natural they would showcase it.

Kinda like being mad at SDS for doing a stream a week before the Show's release date.
[WhinyVoice]They have the game ready early? They should release it before the announced date,[/WhinyVoice]

No one should be surprised next year when no news is given & it's announced OSFM has been in the vault the last 4 hours, DL it if you want. Hell, no one should be surprised if OSFM goes away completely the way some OS members carry on.

# 13 TheBleedingRed21 @ 04/17/16 08:06 AM
Think you guys missed the whole point of anything anyone said. No one (that posted) is mad at all lol. Simply there has never been this much media used for these rosters and just surprised there is this year. It's very good for the site and I don't mind, just expressing my opinion on why some wpuldbe upset and that does not include me one bit. If you've seen any of my previous posts or knew me at all on this site, you wouldn't mistake my post. Anyone bashing that idea? Probably but no one Is bashing it that has posted and how it could come off that way is beyond me. FWIW, I cannot play until late tonight, so I'll be one of the first on the stream tonight!

# 14 Ghost Of The Year @ 04/17/16 08:29 AM
I sure didn't mean to imply anyone in this thread had posted anger at OSFM for doing a stream an hour early before release. I hope it didn't come off that way. I was only really going down the trail Jr. establshed with it seeming that OS was more about grabbing attention, over the community. But from what I've seen over the last couple years, you know the bad apples are out & about this time of year

# 15 TheBleedingRed21 @ 04/17/16 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
I sure didn't mean to imply anyone in this thread had posted anger at OSFM for doing a stream an hour early before release. I hope it didn't come off that way. I was only really going down the trail Jr. establshed with it seeming that OS was more about grabbing attention, over the community. But from what I've seen over the last couple years, you know the bad apples are out & about this time of year
I see lol. I just wanted to make sure I was clear in my point. Hopefully the stream goes well and at 6 the pitchforks are put away and the flames extinguished!

# 16 Knight165 @ 04/17/16 08:50 AM
Well....do you think I, Ridin' or Willard finish up the last player and hit...upload?
Mill is using the 99.3 completed version in his stream.

M.K.
Knight165

# 17 Millennium @ 04/17/16 08:55 AM
I have one issue with what some of you are alluding to:

How many of you making mention of this as an "event" have 'Come watch my Twitch' in your signatures, or 'Come follow my dynasty thread'?

The hour I will have the roster will be last minute testing for the OSFM team. The 6 PM time was set BEFORE anyone knew this stream would exist.

Also - OS isn't operating any differently. It's about the OS community giving great feedback and having fun, and if you've watched any of the streams I've done on the channel that is EXACTLY what is happening.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HH OS, DON'T BE SOUR. CLAP YOUR HANDS, AND FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLL THE POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRR!!!

IT'S A OSFM DAY, YES IT IS!

# 18 jb12780 @ 04/17/16 08:57 AM

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

# 19 BrianM207 @ 04/17/16 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
I have one issue with what some of you are alluding to:

How many of you making mention of this as an "event" have 'Come watch my Twitch' in your signatures, or 'Come follow my dynasty thread'?

The hour I will have the roster will be last minute testing for the OSFM team. The 6 PM time was set BEFORE anyone knew this stream would exist.

Also - OS isn't operating any differently. It's about the OS community giving great feedback and having fun, and if you've watched any of the streams I've done on the channel that is EXACTLY what is happening.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HH OS, DON'T BE SOUR. CLAP YOUR HANDS, AND FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLL THE POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRR!!!

IT'S A OSFM DAY, YES IT IS!
I saw the New Day reference, liked it, and stopped reading. That's alright in my book

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

# 20 Knight165 @ 04/17/16 09:09 AM
Bryce Harper mad at O.S. right now.

M.K.
Knight165

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.