Home
NHL 17 News Post

NHL 17 news is expected to arrive on Tuesday, April 26.

Last year, NHL 16 news was leaked before the team fully revealed the feature set in late May. So keep your eyes peeled and let us know if you find anything.

What are you hoping to see?

Source - EA Sports NHL Twitter

Game: NHL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 5 - View All
NHL 17 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 bad_philanthropy @ 04/25/16 12:44 AM
Judging from the .gif I'd say the choices will be Giroux (again) or possibly Gostisbehre, Jagr or possibly Ekblad/Barkov, McDavid, Benn, Tarasenko, Pavelski, Hedman, and Kopitar or Doughty.

Why this business with the cover athlete all the time? What is it? 2003? Nobody cares. Everyone wants either screens teasing new content/features/details, fact sheets, or non-"sizzle" videos showing feature and gameplay improvements.

# 22 Hockeynut99 @ 04/25/16 12:54 AM
5 man hugs and coming out of the Sharks head again.

# 23 h0me_sauce @ 04/25/16 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KomicJ
FASTER MENUS !
This + every other gameplay and offline mode suggestion made here

# 24 KidShowtime @ 04/25/16 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeynut99
5 man hugs.
Seriously.. team celly's would be awesome!

# 25 MavsUCCB @ 04/25/16 02:10 PM
I can't wait for EA Sports to make a big deal about the cover vote tomorrow. I'm very excited for this feature to be revealed and for the twitter hashtags to be announced to make it official. These are the little details that I think of when I get frustrated playing BeAGM. Well it's the same atmosphere again and Doc just said the same general comment for the 7th time this season but hey..... #NHL17McDavid

# 26 acreinha @ 04/25/16 02:38 PM
Tweaks and adjustments won't do it this year; the entire system needs to be rebuilt. These past few years have been nothing but frustrating as not a SINGLE aspect of the NHL series reflects the real game; zero creativity in playmaking, unrealistic physics, terrible player movement and speed, etc etc.

I moved to FIFA and have not looked back. The game gives you the tools and it's up to you to take advantage of the mechanics that are in place, offering an experience that has delivered 1,000 times over NHL.

More user celebrations? Realistic coaches? No. Fix the gameplay. I'm tired of players trudging through concrete and then getting flattened by every nudge and shoulder. I'm done ranting and will stick with FIFA until they watch a real hockey game and realize they've been doing it wrong.

# 27 Money99 @ 04/25/16 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidShowtime
Seriously.. team celly's would be awesome!
Better yet, give me the ability to pull a soccer celebration by blowing past my teammates to celebrate on my own.
Watch the team Morale plummet!

The one thing I really want to see is smarter CPU AI when it comes to odd-man opportunities.
It's so frustrating to work on earning a 2-on-1 only to see your teammate basically hump a monkey in the corner.

# 28 Caniac94 @ 04/25/16 03:27 PM
NHL 17 needs to improve on a lot for me to buy. I'm going to try to criticise without ripping into the game.

The defense in this game is horrible. I mean I have gotten to where I dread having to play in my own zone because I can't rely on my d partner or even my other AI teammates to cover his part of the ice. Also when I carry the puck into the offensive zone I would LOVE to see the CPU defenseman comeup to me and keep a tight gap on me as I enter their zone. What you see now is CPU defensemen retreat to the crease which allows me to skate right in and immediately have a great opportunity. I want them to gap up on me and make me work for an opportunity. Make me chip the puck along the boards, get it in deep, and retrieve it every once in a while.

In the offensive zone I would like to see the cheese snipe goals go in a lot less. I basically just want to earn my opportunities more and have to work. Even on Superstar I find getting pucks on net too easy. Which reminds me, on the harder difficulties I'd like to see the CPU challenging to play against but not impossible. Seems like the CPU can just score at will in 16. It's not fun. I hope to see tighter games when I play but I just get these games with ridiculous stats and a 7-4 game.

Cool feature I'd like to see in the offensive zone would be net serums. Not gonna happen but it would be awesome to put a puck on net, have the goalie give up a rebound and see players scrum for the puck in the crease area.

Anyway these are just thoughts off the top of my head. Might come back later tonight or tomorrow with some more thoughts on the game. The team definitely need to focus on game play first and get that square and then add in all these little visual elements. NHL 16 seems like a decent base to build off of, which is what 15 was supposed to be, and so I think there is potential in 17 but I am just too afraid of the core of it being the same NHL 16 gameplay with some slight tweaks and visual updates. I'm hoping I'm wrong though.

# 29 Caniac94 @ 04/25/16 03:53 PM
One quick thing that also just came to mind. Neutral zone pressure. This is fundamental to hockey and I see none of it in this game. It's a must because right now without it there really is no need to dump the puck in other than just because I feel like dumping it in.

# 30 CubFan23 @ 04/25/16 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalformedDC2009
^ Is there a dislike button ^

I understand the frustration. But it sounds like a game changer said 90% of the stuff would be addressed.
Then it must be true! Because everything you read on the internet is true, right?

# 31 Elite49 @ 04/25/16 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acreinha
Tweaks and adjustments won't do it this year; the entire system needs to be rebuilt. These past few years have been nothing but frustrating as not a SINGLE aspect of the NHL series reflects the real game; zero creativity in playmaking, unrealistic physics, terrible player movement and speed, etc etc.

I moved to FIFA and have not looked back. The game gives you the tools and it's up to you to take advantage of the mechanics that are in place, offering an experience that has delivered 1,000 times over NHL.

More user celebrations? Realistic coaches? No. Fix the gameplay. I'm tired of players trudging through concrete and then getting flattened by every nudge and shoulder. I'm done ranting and will stick with FIFA until they watch a real hockey game and realize they've been doing it wrong.
Huge hockey fan that was excited for 16 only to stop playing it and jump to FIFA this year. I wasn't even that big of a FIFA fan at the time but I am now. NHL needs to fix a lot but some things I'd like to see are actual OTP and realistic physics. Two guys collide = they both can fall down.

# 32 actionhank @ 04/26/16 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Better yet, give me the ability to pull a soccer celebration by blowing past my teammates to celebrate on my own.
Watch the team Morale plummet!

The one thing I really want to see is smarter CPU AI when it comes to odd-man opportunities.
It's so frustrating to work on earning a 2-on-1 only to see your teammate basically hump a monkey in the corner.
Yakupov mode?

# 33 Gotmilkman24 @ 04/26/16 09:44 AM
Joe Pavelski for the cover of 2017!

# 34 acreinha @ 04/26/16 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite49
Huge hockey fan that was excited for 16 only to stop playing it and jump to FIFA this year. I wasn't even that big of a FIFA fan at the time but I am now. NHL needs to fix a lot but some things I'd like to see are actual OTP and realistic physics. Two guys collide = they both can fall down.
If you haven't tried yet, go full manual in your settings. It's a bit jarring at first since nothing is done for you, but once you get it down, the game is beautiful and opens up endless possibilities.

# 35 KidShowtime @ 04/26/16 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acreinha
If you haven't tried yet, go full manual in your settings. It's a bit jarring at first since nothing is done for you, but once you get it down, the game is beautiful and opens up endless possibilities.
Yea, I tend to think some of the issues users complain about may be related to the fact that auto-left stick hit and auto-skate backwards are turned on by default.

I gained more control over my player when turning these off.

Still some issues, but better than default for sure.

# 36 actionhank @ 04/26/16 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalformedDC2009
^ Is there a dislike button ^

I understand the frustration. But it sounds like a game changer said 90% of the stuff would be addressed.
If we're being honest, a lot of us have heard the same song and dance a million times over by now. With EA it's literally become a game of "Wait until release day" because nothing ever seems guaranteed.

I give them benefit of the doubt, but this is likely the last year for that. The only way it could practically be a guaranteed buy was if it was coming out for PC at the same time.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.