Home
NHL 17 News Post

EA Sports has released their all-new NHL 17 Vision trailer, an inside look at the development of NHL 17.

The video includes a look at the customization options, celebrations, net battles and goalie animations, as well as the addition of the World Cup of Hockey.

Game: NHL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 5 - View All
NHL 17 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Simple Mathematics @ 04/26/16 11:15 PM
I love to see all the customization options. Now, give us the ultimate customization option - roster sharing.

# 42 headzapp @ 04/27/16 12:05 AM
Told myself I'm skipping this year, but I've been wanting battles in front of the net for many years. If they make skating more realistic, neutral zone play better and realistic sticks and a defensive stick I'll get this game.

# 43 stocksy @ 04/27/16 05:18 AM
I skipped last years after getting the first ps4 version, ill be getting this though as looks as massive leap from their first effort - which was very bare bones.

# 44 Money99 @ 04/27/16 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by headzapp
Told myself I'm skipping this year, but I've been wanting battles in front of the net for many years. If they make skating more realistic, neutral zone play better and realistic sticks and a defensive stick I'll get this game.
Count me in the same boat.
Crease battles is something I know I'd enjoy.

But the one thing I've been dying for in a hockey game is Expansion/Relocation options.
If NHL17 has both, I'll be buying fo sho.

The Cleveland Costanzas will take the league by storm!

# 45 ozcore @ 04/27/16 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayers911
custom music like mbl show 16 please
hell yeah!!!!!!!! custom music a la mlb the show

# 46 ChubbyD @ 04/27/16 12:00 PM
-Custom plays: zone entries, 3-2, 3-1; breakouts; custom PK and PP. Custom, custom, custom.

-Smarter AI. This is a no-brainer, but difficult to execute. I would accept incremental improvement. Just improve.

-Line change flexibility- more PP and PK options, ability to choose standard lines on PP and PK. Also, Home team changes last. Please.

-Roster sharing. It was dumb to remove this at all.

-Slider saving and sharing. Why can I not have more than one slider set saved and ready to pick? This is not difficult. Put it in. Sometimes I like a Cycloniac game, sometimes I like a TNK game. Maybe I want to save slider sets for home and away, playoff and regular season.

-The rest is good, but window dressing to me. It's important, and obviously it's important to many, so I want to say that it's good to take those steps up.

# 47 actionhank @ 04/27/16 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Count me in the same boat.
Crease battles is something I know I'd enjoy.

But the one thing I've been dying for in a hockey game is Expansion/Relocation options.
If NHL17 has both, I'll be buying fo sho.

The Cleveland Costanzas will take the league by storm!
Crease battles will be nice, if they do them right. They had that obnoxious animation that sucked you in (I think NHL14?) where if you tried skating by a defender, they would automatically tie you up, even if the puck was in the corner. I'm all for EA adding things, I just hate when they take away your control in the process.

Maybe as a defender I don't want to tie up with their massive power forward, because Shattenkirk can't win that battle. I would like to be able to risk a few crosschecks, and then stay near them trying to tie up their stick.

# 48 Caniac94 @ 04/27/16 03:13 PM
Deeper slider sets would be a must. Make it so we can adjust sliders with greater control and to greater effect. The sliders are just not all that great as they are now. Some people have mentioned doing sliders like, I think it was, Madden. Where you have more flexibility in the adjustments you make. I'd probably buy if they were re-done and roster sharing was brought back.

# 49 Money99 @ 04/27/16 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by actionhank
Crease battles will be nice, if they do them right. They had that obnoxious animation that sucked you in (I think NHL14?) where if you tried skating by a defender, they would automatically tie you up, even if the puck was in the corner. I'm all for EA adding things, I just hate when they take away your control in the process.

Maybe as a defender I don't want to tie up with their massive power forward, because Shattenkirk can't win that battle. I would like to be able to risk a few crosschecks, and then stay near them trying to tie up their stick.
You bring up an interesting topic.
Will tie-ups work the same as the board pinning? I don't want suction, and I sure as heck want size and attributes to play a role.
It would really help to distinguish the large power forwards in the league.

# 50 Reckless559 @ 04/27/16 03:42 PM
So does this mean i can relocate arizona coyotes to Quebec and the nhl cant block it

# 51 Smutka @ 04/27/16 05:03 PM
Hope possibility to edit European teams custom arenas: names, capacity etc. in NHL 16 all teams in Sm liiga plays at Hartwall Arena or SHL at Globen Stockholm

# 52 s_mkheidze @ 04/27/16 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyD
-Custom plays: zone entries, 3-2, 3-1; breakouts; custom PK and PP. Custom, custom, custom.

-Smarter AI. This is a no-brainer, but difficult to execute. I would accept incremental improvement. Just improve.

-Line change flexibility- more PP and PK options, ability to choose standard lines on PP and PK. Also, Home team changes last. Please.

-Roster sharing. It was dumb to remove this at all.

-Slider saving and sharing. Why can I not have more than one slider set saved and ready to pick? This is not difficult. Put it in. Sometimes I like a Cycloniac game, sometimes I like a TNK game. Maybe I want to save slider sets for home and away, playoff and regular season.

-The rest is good, but window dressing to me. It's important, and obviously it's important to many, so I want to say that it's good to take those steps up.
well....technically, this feature never really existed....officially. Someone was able to crack the rosters on the old gen and that is as close as we have ever gotten to a roster share from EA NHL.

# 53 brandon27 @ 04/27/16 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Mathematics
I love to see all the customization options. Now, give us the ultimate customization option - roster sharing.
As what I would assume is one of the most requested features, to not see this mentioned int his video is slightly concerning to me. It's early in the cycle, so obviously lots of time for it to sneak in, and with that much time to go still, they've got to keep the hype train rolling and keep some stuff held back for now.

# 54 Money99 @ 04/27/16 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckless559
So does this mean i can relocate arizona coyotes to Quebec and the nhl cant block it
I'm sure there's a hidden Bettman Blocker that prevents any struggling teams in non-traditional markets from being moved out.
However, every BaGM mode starts off with a prompt "Where would you like to move the Senators?".

# 55 azy19 @ 04/28/16 03:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smutka
Hope possibility to edit European teams custom arenas: names, capacity etc. in NHL 16 all teams in Sm liiga plays at Hartwall Arena or SHL at Globen Stockholm
You don't even play at Hartwall Arena or in Globen, you play in a generic EA Arena.

# 56 Hjkflannel @ 04/28/16 07:39 AM
I think this issue has fallen on deaf ears for a number of years now, but I’d like to see in this spirit of customisation the ability to adjust season length in beagm so those of us that want it, can have fully featured shorter seasons and not have to sim games to achieve it.

# 57 T5063 @ 04/28/16 08:58 AM
Good to see that BeAGM is actually getting some love this year, its been stale for years.

Hopefully, there is even more additions and improvements in BeAGM that weren't show in that trailer.

Florida Panthers, welcome to Hamilton.

# 58 jake19ny @ 04/28/16 08:59 AM
Early impression looks promising. I'm still enjoying NHL 16 about to wrap up my season and start playoffs so if NHL 17 is an improvement in any way I will be happy. The "All three zones" thing is very promising if done well and I'm happy to see net battles back. The celebration thing is big because scoring a goal, mainly a big one seems so underwhelming as of now.

Roster share please......

Not as big as Roster share or gameplay but if custom jerseys are in I'm hoping for mask editor or at least some new better looking masks.

# 59 onlybygrace @ 04/28/16 01:25 PM
This looks very exciting. Hopefully presentation gets a continued facelift, as well

# 60 MizzouRah @ 04/28/16 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
This looks very exciting. Hopefully presentation gets a continued facelift, as well
Agreed! I'm excited as usual!!!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.