Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

As mentioned earlier today, the NBA 2K16 patch #6 has already arrived for PlayStation 4 users, weighing in at 2.4GB. As soon as we get the patch notes, we will update this post. Until then, let us know what you are seeing.

Xbox One users will see the patch later, no official ETA has been given.

UPDATE: Here are the patch notes.
  • Updated player portraits for a number of players.
  • Tuned the effectiveness of long outlet passes for players with the Break Starter badge.
  • Delay branching from Kobe Bryant Back size-up.
  • Re-worked size-up dribble launches to prevent unnaturally explosive first steps.
  • Tune miss chances for deep downcourt and cherry picking.
  • Dock vertical and rebounding when you go behind the basket. Don’t reset 3-in-the-key offense timer in baseline behind paint for human controlled blacktop players.
UPDATE #2: The patch has arrived for Xbox One users.

UPDATE #3 (5-19): The patch is now available for PC users.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Jrocc23 @ 05/02/16 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korrupted
I wouldn't lie man. It's entirely too slow. People will complain that the defense is OP now

Dang man. I thought the speed was just fine.

# 22 statum71 @ 05/02/16 07:53 PM
I wish they'd fix this. Its an atmosphere killer. Happening in 2K16 too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=damjIfGBro4&spfreload=10

# 23 Jrocc23 @ 05/02/16 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
What is this boosting thing you guys speak of? Anyone have links to a video example?

https://youtu.be/vCNKR5ZYe3I

Didn't watch the vid because I'm at work. But this should be it.

# 24 TheDuggler @ 05/02/16 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
https://youtu.be/vCNKR5ZYe3I

Didn't watch the vid because I'm at work. But this should be it.
wtf

why do people play the game like this?

somebody needs to make another nba street to contain this bull****

# 25 jeebs9 @ 05/02/16 08:05 PM
Loving it

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

# 26 Korrupted @ 05/02/16 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuggler
Online? Offline? What mode are you playing in that the game is too slow now?
I'm playing online. They didn't slow down the game speed but without speed boost it seems hella slow. Just gon take some time to get used to.

# 27 Jrocc23 @ 05/02/16 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korrupted
I'm playing online. They didn't slow down the game speed but without speed boost it seems hella slow. Just gon take some time to get used to.

I'm glad the boosting is gone. But I am hoping you can still explode out of moves like the CPU AI like Wall, Westbrook does which is realistic.

# 28 yaboicarter @ 05/02/16 08:15 PM
I used to have a SF that couldn't boost and it was fun taking ankles using real dribble moves and then the boost came and it was just fools running around you. I'm not gon lie, I made a little PG and learned it. Got really good at it too but it was never really fun...I'm glad that **** gone now. Bouta grab my 6'6 PG with no playmaking skills now...lmao it's gon be a lotta bums at the park now.

# 29 TheDuggler @ 05/02/16 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k gamer all day
No more speed boost ?? RIP 2k16

They bring a game out and now they removed it .. WOW

I'M DONE

Park is complete defferent now .. Why you guys change a game so much .. Oh my god

Just stop with these pacthes for real man . Make it part of the game or not but not remove things with patches wtf

lmaaoooooo cmon dude get outta here

it was obviously something they didn't intend on being possible from the beginning

# 30 KingTocco @ 05/02/16 08:16 PM
Bout to get back into MyPark with all these unskilled fools running around, looking forward to it.

# 31 Caelumfang @ 05/02/16 08:19 PM
So what's the Break Starter accuracy lowered to? Because we're experimenting and still getting insane accuracy numbers.

# 32 martintin86cuervo @ 05/02/16 08:28 PM
any updated for the faces??

# 33 KingTocco @ 05/02/16 08:34 PM
Quote:
I played now 7 months park with these speed boost and now they removed it ?? WTF WHY ??

For the last 4 months ? I can't understand it man
Okay we get it, please leave it alone. Let's get back to impressions of the patch, otherwise you're going to help de-rail this thread and get it locked.

# 34 Caelumfang @ 05/02/16 08:35 PM
So, experimenting with the size-ups, and not only did they remove the speed boosts, they completely slowed down the crossovers out of the size-ups. Now you get a much, much slower crossover out of every single size-up. I can understand removing the speed boosts, but the crossovers? Seriously?

# 35 tt500 @ 05/02/16 08:42 PM
It's a band aid for 2k16 to nerf the dribbles and speed boosts. It's good for creating a better simulated game and get cheesers to stop abusing a flawed mechanic which is good. It's better to learn how actual basketball is played and not abusing a flaw in the game.

Hopefully they improve the system for 2k17. But so far this patch is good to stop cheesers.

2k is fun before cheesers find a flaw in the game to abuse, past couple months, most people online have the same strategy and annoying play style of turbo, outlet passes and hopsteps.

# 36 Jrocc23 @ 05/02/16 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelumfang
So, experimenting with the size-ups, and not only did they remove the speed boosts, they completely slowed down the crossovers out of the size-ups. Now you get a much, much slower crossover out of every single size-up. I can understand removing the speed boosts, but the crossovers? Seriously?

That's what I was scared of. Maybe they should have just waited till next year. So they could do stuff right. We should still be able to explode out of stuff.

But I really think this patch was mainly so people in the RTTF tournament wouldn't be boosting and throwing full court passes. Could you imagine the championship game being broadcast and all you see is boosting and full court passes?

# 37 Goffs @ 05/02/16 08:45 PM
Quote:
I played now 7 months park with these speed boost and now they removed it ?? WTF WHY ??

For the last 4 months ? I can't understand it man
Stfu and leave already....holy ****....

Wish they nerf these centers that shoot threes with ease. They really need to lock out some dribble animations for the centers as well.

# 38 Hustle Westbrook @ 05/02/16 08:45 PM
Any Play Now Online/MyTeam players notice a difference online?

# 39 Goffs @ 05/02/16 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23

But I really think this patch was mainly so people in the RTTF tournament wouldn't be boosting and throwing full court passes. Could you imagine the championship game being broadcast and all you see is boosting and full court passes?
Now now you don't want the game looking like an arcadey mess now lol

I guarantee you if it weren't for the tournament we won't be seeing By changes till 2k17.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

# 40 hanzsomehanz @ 05/02/16 08:58 PM
I never wanted speed boosting removed because I always assumed it would also reduce the ability to naturally burst / launch appropriately.

I'm on XB1 and haven't experienced the patch gameplay yet...

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.