Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

As mentioned earlier today, the NBA 2K16 patch #6 has already arrived for PlayStation 4 users, weighing in at 2.4GB. As soon as we get the patch notes, we will update this post. Until then, let us know what you are seeing.

Xbox One users will see the patch later, no official ETA has been given.

UPDATE: Here are the patch notes.
  • Updated player portraits for a number of players.
  • Tuned the effectiveness of long outlet passes for players with the Break Starter badge.
  • Delay branching from Kobe Bryant Back size-up.
  • Re-worked size-up dribble launches to prevent unnaturally explosive first steps.
  • Tune miss chances for deep downcourt and cherry picking.
  • Dock vertical and rebounding when you go behind the basket. Don’t reset 3-in-the-key offense timer in baseline behind paint for human controlled blacktop players.
UPDATE #2: The patch has arrived for Xbox One users.

UPDATE #3 (5-19): The patch is now available for PC users.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 381 zrohman @ 05/16/16 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
As some have said, it can be sim while also having the players move and dribble quickly like they do in real life.

Hopefully 2k17 does a better job at this.
This...

Please let's all be realistic. To keep sin and make things look pretty and avoid the jerky movement 2k made things slow and beautiful. But the dunks, player movement can be extremely slow. Many perimeter players can make a quick shake and move to the hoop in a heartbeat. But on 2k movement is too slow. They want to avoid cheese so they take out some things.

2k is phenomenal. Great series and no doubt they have the best sports games of all time lately right there with the show.

But I think they need to work on a way to speed things up without sacrificing quality

# 382 NoLeafClover @ 05/17/16 12:19 AM
Anyone who wastes their life watching some annoying dude scream over the top of footage of a video game has some serious social problems IMO

# 383 2cu3be1 @ 05/17/16 03:18 AM
I just don't get how people can "enjoy" pressing two buttons and call what they "do" playing basketball? I mean most of the players cannot still be stuck in the 90's where on the game boy or NES you only had to press 2 buttons to win the game, it just cannot be possible!

# 384 RONDO4LIFE @ 05/17/16 10:15 PM
Am I Iooking at the wrong thing or is there no updated portraits?

# 385 Korrupted @ 05/19/16 10:16 AM
Guards lose the ball and pick up their dribble entirely too much now after patch 6. You can hit one simple sizeup and lose the rock now. It's quite annoying when trying to mix your defender up.

# 386 lelets @ 05/19/16 03:13 PM

# 387 hanzsomehanz @ 05/19/16 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lelets
Patch 6 is live for PC per this tweet

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

# 388 yeltrah123 @ 05/19/16 04:21 PM
Finally the patch comes to PC. Thanks 2K.

# 389 derlaid @ 05/19/16 04:49 PM
Can we expect another ban wave this patch on PC? We've now entered the stage where you play 7'7" dudes with "I hate N*ggers" tattooed on their backs. Kind of a terrible double-whammy that looks realllly bad for 2K

# 390 hanzsomehanz @ 05/19/16 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by derlaid
Can we expect another ban wave this patch on PC? We've now entered the stage where you play 7'7" dudes with "I hate N*ggers" tattooed on their backs. Kind of a terrible double-whammy that looks realllly bad for 2K
We beat a 33 🔥 and one dude on the squad has KKK on his back mehh what can you do with these tats.. freedom of expression BTW it was an all white skin tone squad.. the weren't skinhead bald tho..

# 391 2_headedmonster @ 05/20/16 01:48 AM
pick and roll defense got a boost....

# 392 derlaid @ 05/21/16 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
We beat a 33 🔥 and one dude on the squad has KKK on his back mehh what can you do with these tats.. freedom of expression BTW it was an all white skin tone squad.. the weren't skinhead bald tho..

There's no freedom of expression in an online video game on private servers.

Regardless, cheating is rampant as always on PC 2k doesn't care, blah blah everyone's heard it, I'll stop.

# 393 yeltrah123 @ 05/22/16 05:21 PM
I think I found out why 2K took a while to release the patch on PC. There was a popular cheat where you could get any myteam card even moments, and play in game. 2K finally caught up to what was going on and worked on that and released the patch. So now that cheat is no longer possible.

# 394 2cu3be1 @ 05/22/16 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeltrah123
I think I found out why 2K took a while to release the patch on PC. There was a popular cheat where you could get any myteam card even moments, and play in game. 2K finally caught up to what was going on and worked on that and released the patch. So now that cheat is no longer possible.
How do you know that? Source(s)? =)

# 395 ViolenceFight @ 05/23/16 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
pick and roll defense got a boost....
So did splitting it parker style though. The LS crossover is nuts for blow bys after a dribble

# 396 2_headedmonster @ 05/23/16 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolenceFight
So did splitting it parker style though. The LS crossover is nuts for blow bys after a dribble
off to the lab i go...

# 397 Oaklandboy @ 06/27/16 02:30 AM
I hope we can get like 1 more grand finale update.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

# 398 jrose57 @ 06/27/16 02:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklandboy

what are some of the things u would like to change if there is one final update

# 399 coolcras7 @ 06/27/16 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklandboy

Why would they the NBA season is over, and their focus is 2k17

# 400 Oaklandboy @ 06/27/16 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
Why would they the NBA season is over, and their focus is 2k17
You never know

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.