Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

As mentioned earlier today, the NBA 2K16 patch #6 has already arrived for PlayStation 4 users, weighing in at 2.4GB. As soon as we get the patch notes, we will update this post. Until then, let us know what you are seeing.

Xbox One users will see the patch later, no official ETA has been given.

UPDATE: Here are the patch notes.
  • Updated player portraits for a number of players.
  • Tuned the effectiveness of long outlet passes for players with the Break Starter badge.
  • Delay branching from Kobe Bryant Back size-up.
  • Re-worked size-up dribble launches to prevent unnaturally explosive first steps.
  • Tune miss chances for deep downcourt and cherry picking.
  • Dock vertical and rebounding when you go behind the basket. Don’t reset 3-in-the-key offense timer in baseline behind paint for human controlled blacktop players.
UPDATE #2: The patch has arrived for Xbox One users.

UPDATE #3 (5-19): The patch is now available for PC users.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Peninc @ 05/03/16 12:49 AM
I hate the way this franchise is going. All of its improvements are now about eradicating "cheese" as opposed to portraying real basketball. I understand that striking a balance is extremely difficult and basketball is probably the hardest sport to replicate, but truth is that NBA basketball has exploits. NBA Basketball has stuff that just doesn't seem fair.

Westbrook's speed, Stephen Curry's shot, Draymonds size and mobility on defense. All of those are essentially cheats in the real world. But in 2K they have to be tuned or eradicated for the sake of video game balance.

I do appreciate the continued work on the game, but I'll just wait on 2K17

# 62 tt500 @ 05/03/16 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Smh.... They have that already

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Yea but it doesn't even impact the game in any way. I've seen guys turbo the entire game and one timeout gives them the ability to turbo the whole quarter. In real nba you don't see westbrook turbo past everyone every possession. In 2k you pretty much can turbo every possession. I want to see fatigue, you don't see that in 2k.

# 63 jeebs9 @ 05/03/16 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tt500
Yea but it doesn't even impact the game in any way. I've seen guys turbo the entire game and one timeout gives them the ability to turbo the whole quarter. In real nba you don't see westbrook turbo past everyone every possession. In 2k you pretty much can turbo every possession. I want to see fatigue, you don't see that in 2k.
I just haven't seen it myself. You have to give players rest. Every time I play a person with Jordan. They always burn him. And his rating is 98 I think. I've seen guys do it with Harden. Just burn him out early. And then he never recovery the right way.

# 64 Tunechid @ 05/03/16 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peninc
I hate the way this franchise is going. All of its improvements are now about eradicating "cheese" as opposed to portraying real basketball. I understand that striking a balance is extremely difficult and basketball is probably the hardest sport to replicate, but truth is that NBA basketball has exploits. NBA Basketball has stuff that just doesn't seem fair.

Westbrook's speed, Stephen Curry's shot, Draymonds size and mobility on defense. All of those are essentially cheats in the real world. But in 2K they have to be tuned or eradicated for the sake of video game balance.

I do appreciate the continued work on the game, but I'll just wait on 2K17

All those players you mention have rare abilities

# 65 tt500 @ 05/03/16 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I just haven't seen it myself. You have to give players rest. Every time I play a person with Jordan. They always burn him. And his rating is 98 I think. I've seen guys do it with Harden. Just burn him out early. And then he never recovery the right way.

I mostly play in Myteam so I encounter it there. Recently I played a match where he only played his offense through j.r smith and never subbed him out.

He ran circles and posterized kareem on one occasion in the 2nd half. I just don't see how stamina is working consistently if games like this occur, where turbo dunks and 3s is the players bread and butter.

# 66 EveretteWarren @ 05/03/16 01:36 AM
So uhh.... Ante-Up anyone? Lol

Went to the stage, won like 4 times at the 1k and once at the 5k.

Without the speed boost, these cheesers can't do anything.
I love the update.

I wish I could equip dunk packages and still do the crazy posterizers instead of unequipping all of them. But hopefully they do it in 2k17. Been having fun though nontheless.

# 67 DENCIO @ 05/03/16 01:39 AM
After this new patch NBA TODAY menu still stuck in april 22 games schedule

# 68 Jrocc23 @ 05/03/16 01:51 AM
I don't have the patch because I am on X1 and like I mentioned I am just worried you can't explode out of moves anymore.

BUT I am anxious to see boosting being gone. It's going to expose a lot of people that thought they were good because they just boost everywhere lol.

So I also might be willing to hit the ante up as well. I can't wait for the Xbox people to be shocked when they can't boost. I just wish I could be in the party when every major booster realize it's over[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 69 Vroman @ 05/03/16 03:41 AM
Will it come out on PC ? I only see PS4/Xbox on the notes.

Man the patch notes look great. It will add a lot more variety to the park for sure, although pretty sure people will find new meta 'exploit' eventually. All the cheesers tears so glorious, thanks 2k.

# 70 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 05/03/16 03:47 AM
Lol at people trying to speed boost now . I haven't noticed a difference with break starter though

# 71 c333 @ 05/03/16 04:34 AM
We are here to witness the extinction of two species, guards shorter than 6 ft and cheesers

# 72 c333 @ 05/03/16 04:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
BUT I am anxious to see boosting being gone. It's going to expose a lot of people that thought they were good because they just boost everywhere lol.
Boosting is not going to be taken out, anything that costs VCs stays lol

# 73 Jrocc23 @ 05/03/16 04:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by c333
Boosting is not going to be taken out, anything that costs VCs stays lol

I am not talking about attribute boosting. I am talking about boosting out of size ups.

# 74 jeebs9 @ 05/03/16 05:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abuC
It really doesn't work well though, I've played too many games against people who hold sprint all game with Harden, Westbrook, KD, Wall and LeBron and never see any kind of performance hit even though they never take them out the game.

I've seen this so much lately. And this was early in the game. Once you get a players here. They need rest. I've seen Harden, Jordan and James just keep missing layups and open 3 they'd normal hit. It's especially hard to recover between quarters after getting it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

# 75 Kurupt_XxX @ 05/03/16 05:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abuC
It really doesn't work well though, I've played too many games against people who hold sprint all game with Harden, Westbrook, KD, Wall and LeBron and never see any kind of performance hit even though they never take them out the game.
great patch, total opposite of last year. Good job 2k

# 76 Vroman @ 05/03/16 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k gamer all day
First of all IT WAS PART OF THE GAME " 7 months ".. I played over 4000 park games and only rookies or noobs made not the speed boosting in 2vs2. It wasn't cheese bec almost all people used it and if you know how to play D you know how to guard speed boosting. I'm legend 3 and I CLAMP these guys!!!

Now to 2k... I'M DONE WITH YOUR GAME! You guys change gamespeed, you guys change the shoothing, you guys changed park with the 3 sec and now you guys removed the speed boost which was 7 months part of the game. If you create a game think before if you want that or not but do not remove things after that long time which is a big gameplay part!

Bann me or what ever ... 2k17 ??? HELL NO!
You will not be missed with such attitude . And yes speed boosting was a cheap exploit that made point guards way superior to any other position in park. Don't you think its a bit lame to build your whole game experience around single move ?

# 77 ballin2k0 @ 05/03/16 06:25 AM
great job with the patch.....i actually had some fun playing this game in myteam i got around 3 or 4 hours in and i didnt feel cheaped and cheated so much it felt like it rewarded my good gameplay unlike 99% of the 2k players online i always just play for fun and dont really care if i win or lose but could never really have fun because getting cheated every game is not fun at all

# 78 Goffs @ 05/03/16 06:39 AM
Quote:
First of all IT WAS PART OF THE GAME " 7 months ".. I played over 4000 park games and only rookies or noobs made not the speed boosting in 2vs2. It wasn't cheese bec almost all people used it and if you know how to play D you know how to guard speed boosting. I'm legend 3 and I CLAMP these guys!!!

Now to 2k... I'M DONE WITH YOUR GAME! You guys change gamespeed, you guys change the shoothing, you guys changed park with the 3 sec and now you guys removed the speed boost which was 7 months part of the game. If you create a game think before if you want that or not but do not remove things after that long time which is a big gameplay part!

Bann me or what ever ... 2k17 ??? HELL NO!

You've been saying "I'm DONE with 2k" with every thread you start! WOULD YOU FOLLOW THROUGH ALREADY!!

# 79 Find_the_Door @ 05/03/16 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
2K needs to realize that quick players can explode from a dead stop. In fact, this isn't done well enough in 2K16.

If I'm CP3 and a medicore defender is up on me, I should be able to blow right around him without using any kind of dribble move. They need to add more explosiveness to some of these guys.
Yeah unfortunately this patch has unintended consequences on the base game. I can no longer break down defenders with Lillard. I never play the park and don't care to. Wonderful that its downfalls have ruined the core game.

# 80 Find_the_Door @ 05/03/16 06:53 AM
Quote:
Atleast 50% or more which still played nba 2k are mad as hell now after patch 6.. Why you guys at 2k do this ? That was really not necessary but ok Players will go back to 2k15 ...

Bye bye now. #PatchedOut

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.