Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

As mentioned earlier today, the NBA 2K16 patch #6 has already arrived for PlayStation 4 users, weighing in at 2.4GB. As soon as we get the patch notes, we will update this post. Until then, let us know what you are seeing.

Xbox One users will see the patch later, no official ETA has been given.

UPDATE: Here are the patch notes.
  • Updated player portraits for a number of players.
  • Tuned the effectiveness of long outlet passes for players with the Break Starter badge.
  • Delay branching from Kobe Bryant Back size-up.
  • Re-worked size-up dribble launches to prevent unnaturally explosive first steps.
  • Tune miss chances for deep downcourt and cherry picking.
  • Dock vertical and rebounding when you go behind the basket. Don’t reset 3-in-the-key offense timer in baseline behind paint for human controlled blacktop players.
UPDATE #2: The patch has arrived for Xbox One users.

UPDATE #3 (5-19): The patch is now available for PC users.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 The 24th Letter @ 05/03/16 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
That was horrible user defense showcased moreso than it was a launch because you were left wide open with so much space to go. The launch itself was still at such a slow pace it didn't even register to my eyes like a "launch" - the progress was so casual and monopaced - not a word but got to use mono to describe how there is almost no noticeable inflection in the launch.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Eh, I feel like it's a bit of overanalyzation to get the view across. If you have general issue with 2k's take on speed/ explosion, that's something I wont argue that with you. Nothing has really changed though....just the exaggerated boost you would get from particular moves.

For one, it's Tim Hardaway Jr., I don't expect the explosion to be lighting fast. The cross did what it was supposed to do, made him go one way, and I successfully exploited that by branching and driving. It was definitely a successful launch sequence IMO- again, if you had an issue with the overall speed of the game I doubt that will change- that's a different subject

As an example, I'm branching out of a sig size up here with Kyrie here....happens much quicker in comparison- against SS/CPU D

https://vimeo.com/165186877

# 122 TheDuggler @ 05/03/16 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Eh, I feel like it's a bit of overanalyzation to get the view across. If you have general issue with 2k's take on speed/ explosion, that's something I wont argue that with you. Nothing has really changed though....just the exaggerated boost you would get from particular moves.

For one, it's Tim Hardaway Jr., I don't expect the explosion to be lighting fast. The cross did what it was supposed to do, made him go one way, and I successfully exploited that by branching and driving. It was definitely a successful launch sequence IMO- again, if you had an issue with the overall speed of the game I doubt that will change- that's a different subject

As an example, I'm branching out of a sig size up here with Kyrie here....happens much quicker in comparison- against SS/CPU D

https://vimeo.com/165186877
IMO that looks almost perfect to me. A step ahead is what quick NBA players generally get and thats what it looks like here.

I think people who are mourning the speed boost think that getting past your defender with moves means leaving him in the dust at the 3pt line while you streak in for a dunk. It doesn't really happen like that in real life

# 123 KingTocco @ 05/03/16 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
I understand. And don't get me wrong, I don't like that the animation is gone. But I am also happy speed boosting back and forth is gone. But like I said, I think 2K was just trying to fix it before the RTTF Tourney. Honestly, I think they should have slowed that animation down if anything and waited to fully fix in 2K17, but to remove it completely is disappointing.

But man is it entertaining hearing the speed boosters get upset. This video has a lot of them mad on Twitter because it's acting like its a video on how to speed boost now lol:

NSFW:

I hear you and I understand where you're coming from, and damn that video is hilarious.

The salt in the park and on twitch is real with this patch, I have a feeling a lot of these dudes are gonna need to watch some 2KU videos or something with their cheese gone.

# 124 The 24th Letter @ 05/03/16 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuggler
IMO that looks almost perfect to me. A step ahead is what quick NBA players generally get and thats what it looks like here.

I think people who are mourning the speed boost think that getting past your defender with moves means leaving him in the dust at the 3pt line while you streak in for a dunk. It doesn't really happen like that in real life
I agree.

You can still get complete blow bys as well, just not all the time...

# 125 grgmths1433 @ 05/03/16 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DENCIO
After this new patch NBA TODAY menu still stuck in april 22 games schedule
It's been like that for me without the patch. #xboxone

# 126 DBMcGee3 @ 05/03/16 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
2K needs to realize that quick players can explode from a dead stop. In fact, this isn't done well enough in 2K16.

If I'm CP3 and a medicore defender is up on me, I should be able to blow right around him without using any kind of dribble move. They need to add more explosiveness to some of these guys.
I've been saying this for years man. Granted, I don't play online, but I've felt like the first steps were too slow in 2k.

Maybe I just suck, wouldn't surprise me, but I find it far too often that I can't take advantage when a big switches out to guard my PG. Guys like Westbrook, Rose, Curry and the like don't need size-ups or dribble moves to get past bigger defenders at the top of the key. They just don't.

# 127 Pappy Knuckles @ 05/03/16 03:39 PM
Very happy with the patch right now. Played a couple of ranked games and one against 24th letter, and I really liked the way it felt.

# 128 Cavsfan4life @ 05/03/16 05:30 PM
Like the way the game feels now after this patch, mainly play online teams and enjoyed my park for the 1st time in awhile as a big man. I use the Cavs online, and was didnt have any issues with Kyrie or LBJ getting separation.

# 129 PhiPsi1 @ 05/03/16 06:50 PM
@All -

So this particular patch does not affect offline gameplay?

# 130 IgotSyphillis @ 05/03/16 07:01 PM
I only play offline. I'm in the first round of my playoffs right now and I turned off the auto download of the patch cause I don't want to mess anything up. I still remember last year when that final patch ruined a whole years worth of effort by making the game too easy. So my question is to those who have the patch, how does it affect one who solely plays offline? Should I get it. I don't really use complicated dribble moves to begin with. Just picks and passing and post ups is how I score. Does it affect the CPU beating me off the dribble? Does it affect my first step when I pass to player and try and take it to the hole just using a regular analog movement with no special dribble? I don't know what to do.

# 131 Hustle Westbrook @ 05/03/16 07:06 PM
Quote:
This is the 'community' now...it's crazy

Have you played PNO yet?
Nah, I haven't been on in a few days. Plus I'm on Xbox One so I'm not sure if the patch is even out for us yet.

# 132 NINJAK2 @ 05/03/16 07:12 PM
Quote:
I agree.

You can still get complete blow bys as well, just not all the time...
Is the cpu less effective in iso situations with this patch 24th or anyone else for that matter? Are cpu Lebron, Westbrook, etc still effective?

# 133 jeebs9 @ 05/03/16 07:12 PM
I'm loving how this patch is making these cheesy players commit 2k suicide lmao. So sad smh

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

# 134 The 24th Letter @ 05/03/16 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
Is the cpu less effective in iso situations with this patch 24th or anyone else for that matter? Are cpu Lebron, Westbrook, etc still effective?
I couldn't give you a honest answer man, haven't played those guys in particular
....been having such a great time online. The offline games I played were mixed rosters....but they felt really good.I don't want to give a definite answer until I get a few in though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
Nah, I haven't been on in a few days. Plus I'm on Xbox One so I'm not sure if the patch is even out for us yet.
Oh ok cool. Was looking for your thoughts on transistion. Hopefully it comes soon.

# 135 yeltrah123 @ 05/03/16 08:52 PM
Will this patch come to PC as well?

# 136 Kully @ 05/03/16 08:58 PM
Any word on this patch coming to PC?

# 137 yeltrah123 @ 05/03/16 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kully
Any word on this patch coming to PC?
I just got word that PC version should follow suite and get it within the next 48 hours.

# 138 Kully @ 05/03/16 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeltrah123
I just got word that PC version should follow suite and get it within the next 16 hours.
Thanks, but who said this?

# 139 Pappy Knuckles @ 05/03/16 11:02 PM
I feel like there's a large portion of the 2K community that wants everyone running around like Westbrook.

# 140 egdevils @ 05/03/16 11:17 PM
This game has been broken just like patch 4 broke 2k15. This patch has now made everyone that plays this game on the same level. I did speed boost but only when I played someone that did it to me. I could defend the speed boost as well. Now defense is so easy cause there's no explosiveness its shoot a contested jumper or pass to big man until 2k17. You guys got the cheese out of the game but the MyPark gameplay is absolute garbage and not challenging anymore at least in my opinion.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.