Home
Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf News Post

[center]

Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf is available now on Steam for Windows, OSX and Linux with plans to release it soon for consoles and Android TV.

Quote:
Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf features an integrated online multiplayer with an in-game lobby for matchmaking. The game includes a fully integrated tournament function that allows external community sites to host their own tournaments in-game, using the publically available Application Program Interface. There is also an Integrated Control API, which can be used to connect external equipment to the game to provide a vast array of different simulation options.

The physics engine, built specifically for golf, implements true skid and roll bounce physics, as well as accurate green speed measurements. Inside the game, users can select different swing mechanics, including full controller support; various time-of-day and weather options, including real-time integrated weather; customize their players and golf clubs; and select from multiple difficulty options to play the courses they've designed. There are more than 20 modes of play, including the innovative hazard golf and a fully customizable Method of Play Creator, containing over 50 events that can be used to create custom game play modes.

Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf also gives players a completely customizable experience, bringing forth the expertise that Jack Nicklaus and world-leading Nicklaus Design have gleaned from designing nearly 400 golf courses worldwide over parts of six decades. Now, users can become expert golf course designers and architects too. Nicklaus Design Course Forge, the in-game course designer, is the same platform used internally by Nicklaus Design for its global projects. Not only can players dabble in golf course design--they can completely customize the surrounding landscape, selecting from a large array of camera angles, tracers, and graphics quality settings. The courses are also fully geo-referenced for future integration of real-world data and accurate sun angles, based on location.

Perfect Golf has a global reputation in 3-D modeling and simulation for entertainment uses. Perfect Golf's graphics have set the benchmark and have been used during worldwide broadcasts of the most notable tournaments on the PGA TOUR to digitally depict golf course ball flights, playing conditions, and design elements on some of the best-known golf courses in the world including The Presidents Cup 2015 at Jack Nicklaus Golf Club Korea, and will soon be featured in the return of golf to the 2016 Olympics.

For those of you playing the pre-release, a new update has also arrived today. We've listed the fixes below.
  • Fixed: Can change Device type during game
  • Fixed: Green Grid on Green Only
  • Fixed: Bunch of issues in the Store
  • Fixed: Default settings on first run of game
  • Added Bethesda to Courses so people can now purchase
  • Fixed Two Balls on Tee
  • Fixed Could not navigate leaderboard with Controller
  • Various Chat fixes
  • Fixed Skins / Stroke Scramble Scoring
  • Added Ctrl T to Toggle Tee Move
  • Removed Tournament Rounds From Lobby

Game: Jack Nicklaus Perfect GolfReader Score: Vote Now
Platform: Mac / PCVotes for game: 0 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 OnlookerDelay @ 05/03/16 09:57 PM
Well that's the first official mention I've seen of console versions coming "soon". I haven't picked up many hints of just where Perfect Parallel is at with that, but if the XBox One, and particularly, the PS4 versions are out before November, I'll be shocked. The NVIDIA SHIELD version, I can see that one coming this summer because NVIDIA has been off and running with that version themselves for a while.

There's trouble in paradise right now in the Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf world for me, at least. Since the 1108701 update this afternoon, I haven't been able to play a multiplayer round - using RTS-C - either as host or a guest, where I could: change aim, change clubs, or even hit the start button to get back to the Settings menu. Everything is fine until I enter some chat text, that's what throws it off. The only way out is to alt-tab and then close the JNPG window... my fanboy illusions excellence have been shattered This was happening earlier in the day for 3-click users and they issued a patch to fix that, but it seems like it broke the game for the RTS-C users when they did so...

UPDATE: I've been advised of this: Temp fix for this problem is to hit F8 twice when it locks up and then you can actually chat and play. PP is working on a permanent fix for this today.

# 2 Zinger @ 05/04/16 01:06 AM
The Jack Nicklaus endorsement is a wonderful and much deserved step forward for Perfect Golf. The game is made by people who really understand golf and it shows in the realistic ball physics and beautifully rendered courses. The team is dedicated to making constant improvements to the game and I am particularly looking forward to a deep offline career mode, with luck later this year.

# 3 RIFRIG @ 05/04/16 02:23 AM
PG is a good golf sim but I'm not sure putting a name to the game is a good move.
Many will be dissapointed that there is absolutely no content relating to Jack Nicklaus aside from the title screen.
Unless the game gets a considerable update with a selection of Nicklaus courses,an option to play as Jack & some sort of career I think PP may have set themselves up for a fall.

# 4 kamackeris76 @ 05/04/16 06:23 AM
@OnlookerDelay......i value your opinion on Golf games....would you reccomend this game over The Golf Club ??

# 5 DivotMaker @ 05/04/16 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIFRIG
PG is a good golf sim but I'm not sure putting a name to the game is a good move.
Many will be dissapointed that there is absolutely no content relating to Jack Nicklaus aside from the title screen.
Unless the game gets a considerable update with a selection of Nicklaus courses,an option to play as Jack & some sort of career I think PP may have set themselves up for a fall.
Interesting....Jack Nicklaus Golden Bear Challenge had the name only and did quite well. In case you forgot to read the official releases, Muirfield Village will be in the game prior to The Memorial. With the licensing agreement in place, JNPG will have access to all of Nicklaus' designs to recreate in the game. Having an ANI of Jack is not going to sell the game in this day and age, IMO. Career Mode is coming in a future update and the future of PG is much brighter today than it was last week. I see nothing but positives at this point in time.

# 6 DivotMaker @ 05/04/16 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamackeris76
@OnlookerDelay......i value your opinion on Golf games....would you reccomend this game over The Golf Club ??
I am not OD, but here is what he said in another thread....

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...2&postcount=11

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
I've got over 1,500 hours in The Golf Club, and while it's an enjoyable game, it just feels shallow compared to Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf. The controller swing interface in this game is so far ahead of anything else I've ever played that it's unbelievable. As you stand over a shot with a controller in JNPG, you're sweating a wider array of outcomes because the interface is so dynamically balanced to model and reproduce swing errors that your senses pick up on it before your intuitive mind does... it's incredible! Little waves of euphoria trickle down my spine when I connect with a 5-wood approach from 235 yards out and send it where I intended... 60% of the time, I'm going to miss the green with this shot though, but your senses tell you why right after you hit the shot.

I can't compare the course creation tools because I don't have access to Course Forge. All I read says it requires more knowledge of Unity 5 to get the most out of it. It seems to allow a lot more custom objects than GNCD, and the courses wind up looking a lot more distinctive, as a result.
I also concur with this....

# 7 kamackeris76 @ 05/04/16 07:41 AM
Wow! Sounds awesome.... Have you given up on the golf club then?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

# 8 OnlookerDelay @ 05/04/16 08:06 AM
Quote:
Yes, without any hesitation. In some ways, like 3D grass and water surfaces, and the putting game and ball/cup physics, TGC has the edge... however, in terms of pure swing interface, JNPG's feels dynamic and alive, while TGC's feels muted and less engaging. I also strongly prefer the Golfer/Reverse Angle Snap landing camera and offset, "Playing Companion Camera" / Reverse Angle Snap landing camera for viewing your opponent's shots in JNPG, to TGC's "Golfer View/ Follow Cam on demand" option for your shots and the same swing camera view of your opponents shots (as if you're the one hitting the shot) with pure follow cam after impact.

# 9 OnlookerDelay @ 05/04/16 08:27 AM
UPDATE: I've been advised of this: Temp fix for the aiming/club changing, backspace not working while texting/inability to get to the settings menu while texting and playing problem is to hit F8 twice when it locks up and then you can actually chat and play. PP is working on a permanent fix for this today.

# 10 kamackeris76 @ 05/04/16 07:55 PM
Well so far I have yet to hit a birdie, yet to hit a par, BUT have hit two eagles! Lol. And my Eagle at the 2nd at Augusta was a fraction off a albatross!

# 11 OnlookerDelay @ 05/04/16 11:00 PM
Quote:
Well so far I have yet to hit a birdie, yet to hit a par, BUT have hit two eagles! Lol. And my Eagle at the 2nd at Augusta was a fraction off a albatross!

What a start!? What difficulty level were you using when you did this?

# 12 Golfsprince @ 05/05/16 03:11 AM
Awesome news that the game has officially released. Can't wait till it reaches the PS4.

Ohhh, so many golf game options now, it's crazy, with three more coming out soon too.

# 13 kamackeris76 @ 05/05/16 04:40 AM
Quote:
What a start!? What difficulty level were you using when you did this?
I think It was amateur. Still all over the shop but had two perfect holes! Noticed a few things... I hit a 3w out of a fairway bunker as far as on the fairway.... Bug? The pink bushes behind the 2nd or 3rd at Augusta look awful till you get closer. In fact the tree right in the distance don't look great... I have upped all the settings but they could look better... Is it just that course?

# 14 DivotMaker @ 05/05/16 05:58 AM
Quote:
I think It was amateur. Still all over the shop but had two perfect holes! Noticed a few things... I hit a 3w out of a fairway bunker as far as on the fairway.... Bug? The pink bushes behind the 2nd or 3rd at Augusta look awful till you get closer. In fact the tree right in the distance don't look great... I have upped all the settings but they could look better... Is it just that course?

If your lie in the sand is showing no deviation, then your results are expected. Not sure that the results should be the same as the fairway, so I think they MAY need to adjust bunker lies, especially since you never plug a lie with a lofted iron.

And Augusta is Beta....there is more work being done on it.

# 15 OnlookerDelay @ 05/05/16 05:24 PM
Try this on for size, Andrew Jones just posted this in the official forum when someone started a thread asking about when the console versions would be released:

Once course forge is out the door in a couple of weeks (I hope) we are going to focus on the following items:

1) Full Mocap animations with multiple characters and more animations that make the game more involving
2) A complete UI redesign with Consoles in mind
3) XBOX One Port
4) Career Mode

We are hopefully going to be doing these in tandem rather than one after the other.

One of the interesting things about the new XBOX SDK is the ability to integrate windows 10 and XBOX into the same Microsoft Live online world

# 16 RIFRIG @ 05/05/16 05:33 PM
Quote:
Try this on for size, Andrew Jones just posted this in the official forum when someone started a thread asking about when the console versions would be released:

Once course forge is out the door in a couple of weeks (I hope) we are going to focus on the following items:

1) Full Mocap animations with multiple characters and more animations that make the game more involving
2) A complete UI redesign with Consoles in mind
3) XBOX One Port
4) Career Mode

We are hopefully going to be doing these in tandem rather than one after the other.

One of the interesting things about the new XBOX SDK is the ability to integrate windows 10 and XBOX into the same Microsoft Live online world
No mention on a PS4 version I see.

# 17 OnlookerDelay @ 05/05/16 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIFRIG
No mention on a PS4 version I see.
I recall reading a comment from late last Fall that they were likely going to have to farm the PS4 translation out to third party. I haven't seen anything further on that since. On another note somewhat related to this though, they changed their minds about farming out the controller swing integration to third party, and changed their minds later and did it in house. Those results have been pretty amazing, IMO.

# 18 scagwi @ 05/06/16 12:47 PM
I wish they'd follow up on the idea of farming out the 3d grass to NVIDIA (NVIDIA Turf - Google it - Amazing).

Game needs 3d grass. Rough in Rory Golf is magic

# 19 bluengold34_OS @ 05/06/16 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
I wish they'd follow up on the idea of farming out the 3d grass to NVIDIA (NVIDIA Turf - Google it - Amazing).

Game needs 3d grass. Rough in Rory Golf is magic
Trust me, it's being discussed but the path to do that is not an easy or clear one. We understand the want and need for it - we feel the exact same way.

# 20 Golfsprince @ 05/06/16 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
Trust me, it's being discussed but the path to do that is not an easy or clear one. We understand the want and need for it - we feel the exact same way.
Will there be a PS4 demo BlueNGold?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.