Home
Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf News Post

[center]

Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf is available now on Steam for Windows, OSX and Linux with plans to release it soon for consoles and Android TV.

Quote:
Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf features an integrated online multiplayer with an in-game lobby for matchmaking. The game includes a fully integrated tournament function that allows external community sites to host their own tournaments in-game, using the publically available Application Program Interface. There is also an Integrated Control API, which can be used to connect external equipment to the game to provide a vast array of different simulation options.

The physics engine, built specifically for golf, implements true skid and roll bounce physics, as well as accurate green speed measurements. Inside the game, users can select different swing mechanics, including full controller support; various time-of-day and weather options, including real-time integrated weather; customize their players and golf clubs; and select from multiple difficulty options to play the courses they've designed. There are more than 20 modes of play, including the innovative hazard golf and a fully customizable Method of Play Creator, containing over 50 events that can be used to create custom game play modes.

Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf also gives players a completely customizable experience, bringing forth the expertise that Jack Nicklaus and world-leading Nicklaus Design have gleaned from designing nearly 400 golf courses worldwide over parts of six decades. Now, users can become expert golf course designers and architects too. Nicklaus Design Course Forge, the in-game course designer, is the same platform used internally by Nicklaus Design for its global projects. Not only can players dabble in golf course design--they can completely customize the surrounding landscape, selecting from a large array of camera angles, tracers, and graphics quality settings. The courses are also fully geo-referenced for future integration of real-world data and accurate sun angles, based on location.

Perfect Golf has a global reputation in 3-D modeling and simulation for entertainment uses. Perfect Golf's graphics have set the benchmark and have been used during worldwide broadcasts of the most notable tournaments on the PGA TOUR to digitally depict golf course ball flights, playing conditions, and design elements on some of the best-known golf courses in the world including The Presidents Cup 2015 at Jack Nicklaus Golf Club Korea, and will soon be featured in the return of golf to the 2016 Olympics.

For those of you playing the pre-release, a new update has also arrived today. We've listed the fixes below.
  • Fixed: Can change Device type during game
  • Fixed: Green Grid on Green Only
  • Fixed: Bunch of issues in the Store
  • Fixed: Default settings on first run of game
  • Added Bethesda to Courses so people can now purchase
  • Fixed Two Balls on Tee
  • Fixed Could not navigate leaderboard with Controller
  • Various Chat fixes
  • Fixed Skins / Stroke Scramble Scoring
  • Added Ctrl T to Toggle Tee Move
  • Removed Tournament Rounds From Lobby

Game: Jack Nicklaus Perfect GolfReader Score: Vote Now
Platform: Mac / PCVotes for game: 0 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 bluengold34_OS @ 05/06/16 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfsprince
Will there be a PS4 demo BlueNGold?
Too early to comment on this right now, hope that makes sense.

# 22 RIFRIG @ 05/06/16 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfsprince
Will there be a PS4 demo BlueNGold?
PS4 version questions are being avoided so maybe it's not in development.

# 23 Lieutenant Dan @ 05/06/16 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIFRIG
Or even more likely bluengold34_OS is working under a non-disclosure agreement, so we'll have to be patient for any PS4 news.

# 24 TheBleedingRed21 @ 05/06/16 10:08 PM
Quote:
Or he can't comment on the progress of the build.

Don't jump to conclusions.

Edit::

Went to mark it so I can be notified of a sale as I plan to buy it for $20 or less the day it's back to that, or if course forge comes out sooner, I might jump on $35.

Noticed the reviews on steam, this game is getting hammered by recent reviews.. It's already down to "mixed". This might not seem like it's a big deal, but the vast majority relies on those reviews. It seems as most think they released this too soon which could be the case given the sudden release. I think they should've waited for course forge to be included as that would've gained points. I hope to see more positive reviews otherwise people will give this less of a chance.

I do agree with some of the reviews about the micro transactions.. Having to pay real money for golf balls, courses will always leave an overall bad taste. EDIT: I know you don't have to, but cosmetics like that would be cool to have options for free.

# 25 DivotMaker @ 05/06/16 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21

Went to mark it so I can be notified of a sale as I plan to buy it for $20 or less the day it's back to that, or if course forge comes out sooner, I might jump on $35.

Noticed the reviews on steam, this game is getting hammered by recent reviews.. It's already down to "mixed". This might not seem like it's a big deal, but the vast majority relies on those reviews. It seems as most think they released this too soon which could be the case given the sudden release. I think they should've waited for course forge to be included as that would've gained points. I hope to see more positive reviews otherwise people will give this less of a chance.

I do agree with some of the reviews about the micro transactions.. Having to pay real money for golf balls, courses will always leave an overall bad taste. EDIT: I know you don't have to, but cosmetics like that would be cool to have options for free.
Play the game, then read the reviews again and see how ridiculous many of the comments are. Most of those commenting haven't even played an hour. The game is DEEP and no way in hell anyone can assess the game rationally with less than an hour of gameplay.

And the micro transactions...so what? $5 for a licensed course? $1 for a golf ball? They always have been and will be...CHOICES. You do not have to buy anything to enjoy the game. On the flip side, if they had no DLC, you can rest assured they would be criticizing that. I take reviews on Steam with a grain of salt because it is a mob scene that is not moderated and typically a testosterone induced flame fest. You want to know about the game, ask those who have it and have a reasonable outlook on the game.

# 26 RIFRIG @ 05/07/16 12:32 AM
Quote:

I get your point but a simple yes it's in the works or no we are not developing for Ps4 is not to much to ask........wouldn't you agree?

If you've invested in the game & been following it's progress you would know that the talk of a Ps4 version has been mentioned in previous posts from PP but now it's not allowed to be discussed.

# 27 OnlookerDelay @ 05/07/16 01:15 AM
Quote:
I get your point but a simple yes it's in the works or no we are not developing for Ps4 is not to much to ask........wouldn't you agree?
You might need to add another choice to that list. How about "haven't decided yet"? I think they've got their hands full right now trying to shore up some the problems that multiplayer is having and getting Course Forge on the market.

Quote:
If you've invested in the game & been following it's progress you would know that the talk of a Ps4 version has been mentioned in previous posts from PP but now it's not allowed to be discussed.
I know it was mentioned in an official post last October, along with the Xbox One and NVIDIA SHEILD versions, but that's been a while back. The comment Andrew Jones made about the Xbox One's ability to fit into the Microsoft Live online world strongly suggests to me that crossplay between Xbox One, and at least Windows 10 PC owners, is on the agenda. It also says a bit about how easily the game in its Windows 10/DirectX 12 compatible condition will migrate to the Xbox One.

The new association with The Nicklaus Companies is probably also having a bearing on what we're now seeing and it's probably put constraints on what can be said or even hinted at. I think the picture will clear up a little once Course Forge is out the door.

# 28 RIFRIG @ 05/07/16 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
You might need to add another choice to that list. How about "haven't decided yet"? I think they've got their hands full right now trying to shore up some the problems that multiplayer is having right now and getting Course Forge on the market.

I know it was mentioned in an official post last October, along with the Xbox One and NVIDIA SHEILD versions, but that's been a while back. The comment Andrew Jones made about the Xbox One's ability to fit into the Microsoft Live environment strongly suggests to me that crossplay between Xbox One, and at least Windows 10 PC owners, is on the agenda. It also says a bit about how easily the game in its Windows 10/DirectX 12 compatible condition will migrate to the Xbox One.

The new association with The Nicklaus Companies is probably also having a bearing on what we're now seeing and it's probably put constraints on what can be said or even hinted at. I think the picture will clear up a little once Course Forge is out the door.
Thanks for the heads up,if I had a spare £1000 I'd look to invest in a new PC but I can't justify that amount for a golf sim.

# 29 OnlookerDelay @ 05/07/16 01:42 AM
Quote:
Thanks for the heads up,if I had a spare £1000 I'd look to invest in a new PC but I can't justify that amount for a golf sim.
I call my gaming PC my "Steam Box". I've got $850 in it (~£590) and it's connected to a 55" LCD HDTV that displays beautifully at 1080p, with a Yamaha surround system that I already had for my Xbox One, Xbox 360, and PS4. It does a fantastic job with Perfect Golf. £590 might still be more than you'd want to spend, but I'm just trying to illustrate that you don't have to go as far as £1000 to get a PC that could deliver JNPG in good shape.

# 30 TheBleedingRed21 @ 05/07/16 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
Play the game, then read the reviews again and see how ridiculous many of the comments are. Most of those commenting haven't even played an hour. The game is DEEP and no way in hell anyone can assess the game rationally with less than an hour of gameplay.

And the micro transactions...so what? $5 for a licensed course? $1 for a golf ball? They always have been and will be...CHOICES. You do not have to buy anything to enjoy the game. On the flip side, if they had no DLC, you can rest assured they would be criticizing that. I take reviews on Steam with a grain of salt because it is a mob scene that is not moderated and typically a testosterone induced flame fest. You want to know about the game, ask those who have it and have a reasonable outlook on the game.
If you think steam reviews don't play a factor in a game selling, you're being very naive. Steam reviews from our viewpoint are to be taken with a grain of salt, but you better believe when people see mixed overall review score, they're gonna shy away, especially at $35.

Again, some make solid points, the release seems rushed especially when it was said course forge would be released when it came out of early access, yet it's not ready. You can say what you want about micro transactions, but charging for a course on a $35 indie golf game, yeah I think that's a little much.

# 31 RIFRIG @ 05/07/16 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
I call my gaming PC my "Steam Box". I've got $850 in it (~£590) and it's connected to a 55" LCD HDTV that displays beautifully at 1080p, with a Yamaha surround system that I already had for my Xbox One, Xbox 360, and PS4. It does a fantastic job with Perfect Golf. £590 might still be more than you'd want to spend, but I'm just trying to illustrate that you don't have to go as far as £1000 to get a PC that could deliver JNPG in good shape.
Knowledge can save you hundreds when selecting the best set up for a good future proof purchase.
I just do not have that knowledge & really can't be bothered with the constant maintenance a PC needs to keep things running smoothly.
This is why I game on the Ps4 for an almost hassle free experience.

# 32 OnlookerDelay @ 05/07/16 06:11 PM
Quote:
Knowledge can save you hundreds when selecting the best set up for a good future proof purchase.
I just do not have that knowledge & really can't be bothered with the constant maintenance a PC needs to keep things running smoothly.
This is why I game on the Ps4 for an almost hassle free experience.
I can relate to what you're saying with focusing on the console experience. I gave up on PC gaming around 2005 and pretty much gamed exclusively on the Xbox, Playstation 2, Xbox 360, and PS3 from 2005 to 2009. I bought a new PC then that handled gaming pretty well, and continued to do so until 2015. It was when I realized I wasn't getting the kind of performance I wanted out of iRacing, Project CARS, The Golf Club, and Perfect Golf that I sprung for a new PC gaming box last Spring. I expect it to be up to the task for at least 6 years like my last one, which btw, is still in service in my Living Room as a desktop computer that handles everything I want it to do, other than playing my favorite PC games up to my standards, but it still gets a lot of use.

I'll say this though, if it wasn't for the four games I listed above, Id' still have the computer I bought in 2009 as my PC.

# 33 binga30 @ 05/07/16 08:07 PM
Does this game support any motion sensors? Ie- Kinect on pc or Xbox? Would love to know if I could set this up in the garage.

# 34 DivotMaker @ 05/07/16 11:30 PM
Quote:
If you think steam reviews don't play a factor in a game selling, you're being very naive. Steam reviews from our viewpoint are to be taken with a grain of salt, but you better believe when people see mixed overall review score, they're gonna shy away, especially at $35.

Again, some make solid points, the release seems rushed especially when it was said course forge would be released when it came out of early access, yet it's not ready. You can say what you want about micro transactions, but charging for a course on a $35 indie golf game, yeah I think that's a little much.
Anyone who has half a brain stays away from Steam reviews as it is un-moderated flamefest for juvenile numbnuts. And the DLC courses are a CHOICE whether it is a $35 game or a $60 game. You do NOT have to buy DLC to enjoy the game.

# 35 DivotMaker @ 05/07/16 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by binga30
Does this game support any motion sensors? Ie- Kinect on pc or Xbox? Would love to know if I could set this up in the garage.
No. AFAIK Kinect and Sony Move are DoA.....

# 36 TheBleedingRed21 @ 05/08/16 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
Anyone who has half a brain stays away from Steam reviews as it is un-moderated flamefest for juvenile numbnuts. And the DLC courses are a CHOICE whether it is a $35 game or a $60 game. You do NOT have to buy DLC to enjoy the game.
You continue to miss the point. Let's just move on. Glad you enjoy the game that much, hope to do the same when I get it.

# 37 DivotMaker @ 05/08/16 11:17 AM
Quote:
You continue to miss the point. Let's just move on. Glad you enjoy the game that much, hope to do the same when I get it.
Not missing the point, just agree to disagree....but I do agree it is time to move on....

# 38 scagwi @ 05/08/16 03:51 PM
I don't know guys...
good graphics (for 10 years ago)

# 39 Ronoko @ 05/08/16 11:06 PM
The graphics when on max settings are impressive if you ask me. Looks less grainy than the golf club.

# 40 scagwi @ 05/09/16 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronoko
The graphics when on max settings are impressive if you ask me. Looks less grainy than the golf club.

No grass though! Everything is flat old textures.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.