Home
Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf News Post

[center]

Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf is available now on Steam for Windows, OSX and Linux with plans to release it soon for consoles and Android TV.

Quote:
Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf features an integrated online multiplayer with an in-game lobby for matchmaking. The game includes a fully integrated tournament function that allows external community sites to host their own tournaments in-game, using the publically available Application Program Interface. There is also an Integrated Control API, which can be used to connect external equipment to the game to provide a vast array of different simulation options.

The physics engine, built specifically for golf, implements true skid and roll bounce physics, as well as accurate green speed measurements. Inside the game, users can select different swing mechanics, including full controller support; various time-of-day and weather options, including real-time integrated weather; customize their players and golf clubs; and select from multiple difficulty options to play the courses they've designed. There are more than 20 modes of play, including the innovative hazard golf and a fully customizable Method of Play Creator, containing over 50 events that can be used to create custom game play modes.

Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf also gives players a completely customizable experience, bringing forth the expertise that Jack Nicklaus and world-leading Nicklaus Design have gleaned from designing nearly 400 golf courses worldwide over parts of six decades. Now, users can become expert golf course designers and architects too. Nicklaus Design Course Forge, the in-game course designer, is the same platform used internally by Nicklaus Design for its global projects. Not only can players dabble in golf course design--they can completely customize the surrounding landscape, selecting from a large array of camera angles, tracers, and graphics quality settings. The courses are also fully geo-referenced for future integration of real-world data and accurate sun angles, based on location.

Perfect Golf has a global reputation in 3-D modeling and simulation for entertainment uses. Perfect Golf's graphics have set the benchmark and have been used during worldwide broadcasts of the most notable tournaments on the PGA TOUR to digitally depict golf course ball flights, playing conditions, and design elements on some of the best-known golf courses in the world including The Presidents Cup 2015 at Jack Nicklaus Golf Club Korea, and will soon be featured in the return of golf to the 2016 Olympics.

For those of you playing the pre-release, a new update has also arrived today. We've listed the fixes below.
  • Fixed: Can change Device type during game
  • Fixed: Green Grid on Green Only
  • Fixed: Bunch of issues in the Store
  • Fixed: Default settings on first run of game
  • Added Bethesda to Courses so people can now purchase
  • Fixed Two Balls on Tee
  • Fixed Could not navigate leaderboard with Controller
  • Various Chat fixes
  • Fixed Skins / Stroke Scramble Scoring
  • Added Ctrl T to Toggle Tee Move
  • Removed Tournament Rounds From Lobby

Game: Jack Nicklaus Perfect GolfReader Score: Vote Now
Platform: Mac / PCVotes for game: 0 - View All
Member Comments
# 81 bluengold34_OS @ 05/23/16 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIFRIG
I'm not sure the golfer animation will render to well up against the face of a pot bunker.
We are in the process of shooting a massive amount of new mo-cap for the game, so hopefully this is being done with the bunkers in mind - great question though.

# 82 DivotMaker @ 05/23/16 06:17 PM
Quote:
I'm not sure the golfer animation will render to well up against the face of a pot bunker.
They are working on new Mo-Caps for better animations.....and no Golf game has gotten that part right and it is a HUGE challenge because they don't "mo-cap" sidehill/up or down hill lies.....if anyone ever did, it would be expensive, but a game-changer in the world of golfer animations.....

# 83 RIFRIG @ 05/23/16 06:24 PM
Changing the topic but I'm plagued by a grid on every shot how can I disable it?

# 84 bluengold34_OS @ 05/23/16 08:25 PM
Quote:
Changing the topic but I'm plagued by a grid on every shot how can I disable it?
We released a patch that should allow you to disable this now in player settings. Is it not allowing you to do so?

# 85 RIFRIG @ 05/24/16 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
We released a patch that should allow you to disable this now in player settings. Is it not allowing you to do so?
I have checked game settings but I don't see an option specifically titled player settings.

# 86 bluengold34_OS @ 05/24/16 03:42 PM
Quote:
I have checked game settings but I don't see an option specifically titled player settings.
You do not have an option to turn this off? Is it not showing in your player settings under "general" Do you have this clicked on for permanent grid?

# 87 RIFRIG @ 05/24/16 05:01 PM
Quote:
You do not have an option to turn this off? Is it not showing in your player settings under "general" Do you have this clicked on for permanent grid?
Hands up........I've been playing PG on & off for months didn't know the 'Players' menu had all these additional options.
I've been accessing 'Settings' & trying to find the grid options in the 'Game' menu.

Had to LOL at myself...........thanks for the help bluengold.

# 88 OnlookerDelay @ 05/24/16 05:24 PM
Notice if you will that Bluengold subliminally gave you a sneak peek at a forthcoming, Carnoustie-esque course, Carroch Loch, which is now in beta, in his screenies showing the grid setting option

He's a marketing genius, is he not?

# 89 bluengold34_OS @ 05/24/16 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
Notice if you will that Bluengold subliminally gave you a sneak peek at a forthcoming, Carnoustie-esque course, Carroch Loch, which is now in beta, in his screenies showing the grid setting option

He's a marketing genius, is he not?
Haha - good catch. You win the internet today good Sir!

# 90 OnlookerDelay @ 05/25/16 08:55 AM
In the wake of the fallout over the recently announced "Milestone DLC" (certain DLC premium updated would be required to keep user made courses playable on the PC version) policy, I asked a few questions about the console versions and potential motion control support (Move and Kinect) and how that would be viewed as potential Milestone DLC. Andrew Jones gave the following response, which broaches a lot of new topics I hadn't anticipated:

"Xbox One and PS4 will probably have completely different models due to the fact that you cant just add any number of courses to the hard drive.

As to Kinnect and Move, at this point obviously we would love to include them but it will depend on the complexity and return. We will also be releasing a new Windows version around the same time that is DX11 only and hopefully has full 3D grass integrated with Xbox Live rather than Steam."

I was hoping for full blown DirectX 12 support for the XBox One version right out of the gate, but it *sounds* like (and I hope I'm wrong on this) it will be going into this hand in hand with the Windows version, which will be "DX11 only".

Here's a link to the Milestone DLC story, which it already sounds like there's some flexing going on in the aftermath. I'm not going to get worked up over it at this point as it doesn't seem to be close to be settled.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/288140/#scrollTop=532

# 91 goillini03 @ 05/26/16 07:35 PM
I was going to grab the game on Steam, but I am waiting to see what happens with the DLC before I spend any cash.

# 92 bluengold34_OS @ 05/27/16 09:55 AM
We will officially be kicking off our JNPG Twitch channel today. Bethesda will be the course of choice, and we will have Andrew Jones(Lead Developer) and Art Patscheck(Crow) as guests. We will be talking about what goes into creating a course, what direction the game is heading, and answering a few questions from the community. Please join us today 2:30pm EDT - https://www.twitch.tv/jnpg2016

# 93 OnlookerDelay @ 05/27/16 02:12 PM
Hmmm... very curious to see where you guys go with this. It will be an opportunity to quell some suspicions and hopefully, shed some more light on the console editions.

# 94 DivotMaker @ 05/27/16 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goillini03
I was going to grab the game on Steam, but I am waiting to see what happens with the DLC before I spend any cash.
If you want a true simulation-like Golf experience and the best I have seen in years, if not ever, grab the game now and don't look back....regardless of the DLC situation because it is worth every penny and then some.....

# 95 Capfan11 @ 05/27/16 04:16 PM
Really hoping this hits the PS4!

Looks pretty awesome from what I've seen so far.

# 96 goillini03 @ 05/27/16 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
If you want a true simulation-like Golf experience and the best I have seen in years, if not ever, grab the game now and don't look back....regardless of the DLC situation because it is worth every penny and then some.....
My concern is around losing ability to play part of the game when the DLC releases. That plus unknown cost. I enjoy golf, especially in real life, but some of what I am reading sounds like it will impact the casual player such as myself.

# 97 bluengold34_OS @ 05/27/16 04:36 PM
We want to thank everyone who stopped by today! We had a lot of fun, and hopefully so did you.

# 98 DivotMaker @ 05/27/16 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goillini03
My concern is around losing ability to play part of the game when the DLC releases. That plus unknown cost. I enjoy golf, especially in real life, but some of what I am reading sounds like it will impact the casual player such as myself.
Respect your feelings here. However, there are over 50 courses available now with many more in the works and it is unlikely any major "milestone" update is coming anytime soon and I highly doubt they will shut down your game if you choose not to update. Your choice to sit on the sidelines or jump in and start enjoying a great PC Golf experience.....whenever you do decide to jump in, you can thank me then......

# 99 mike24forever @ 05/27/16 07:14 PM
Quote:
We want to thank everyone who stopped by today! We had a lot of fun, and hopefully so did you.
I'm waiting patiently for this to come out on Xbox One, PS4 and/or The Nvidea Shield.

# 100 goillini03 @ 05/27/16 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
Respect your feelings here. However, there are over 50 courses available now with many more in the works and it is unlikely any major "milestone" update is coming anytime soon and I highly doubt they will shut down your game if you choose not to update. Your choice to sit on the sidelines or jump in and start enjoying a great PC Golf experience.....whenever you do decide to jump in, you can thank me then......
I respect your take. Your know your golf games from what I have noticed on OS. I think in a few months the picture will become a little clearer as to what the path forward will become. That will also give me some time to get back to hating playing golf in real life!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.