Home
Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf News Post

[center]

Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf is available now on Steam for Windows, OSX and Linux with plans to release it soon for consoles and Android TV.

Quote:
Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf features an integrated online multiplayer with an in-game lobby for matchmaking. The game includes a fully integrated tournament function that allows external community sites to host their own tournaments in-game, using the publically available Application Program Interface. There is also an Integrated Control API, which can be used to connect external equipment to the game to provide a vast array of different simulation options.

The physics engine, built specifically for golf, implements true skid and roll bounce physics, as well as accurate green speed measurements. Inside the game, users can select different swing mechanics, including full controller support; various time-of-day and weather options, including real-time integrated weather; customize their players and golf clubs; and select from multiple difficulty options to play the courses they've designed. There are more than 20 modes of play, including the innovative hazard golf and a fully customizable Method of Play Creator, containing over 50 events that can be used to create custom game play modes.

Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf also gives players a completely customizable experience, bringing forth the expertise that Jack Nicklaus and world-leading Nicklaus Design have gleaned from designing nearly 400 golf courses worldwide over parts of six decades. Now, users can become expert golf course designers and architects too. Nicklaus Design Course Forge, the in-game course designer, is the same platform used internally by Nicklaus Design for its global projects. Not only can players dabble in golf course design--they can completely customize the surrounding landscape, selecting from a large array of camera angles, tracers, and graphics quality settings. The courses are also fully geo-referenced for future integration of real-world data and accurate sun angles, based on location.

Perfect Golf has a global reputation in 3-D modeling and simulation for entertainment uses. Perfect Golf's graphics have set the benchmark and have been used during worldwide broadcasts of the most notable tournaments on the PGA TOUR to digitally depict golf course ball flights, playing conditions, and design elements on some of the best-known golf courses in the world including The Presidents Cup 2015 at Jack Nicklaus Golf Club Korea, and will soon be featured in the return of golf to the 2016 Olympics.

For those of you playing the pre-release, a new update has also arrived today. We've listed the fixes below.
  • Fixed: Can change Device type during game
  • Fixed: Green Grid on Green Only
  • Fixed: Bunch of issues in the Store
  • Fixed: Default settings on first run of game
  • Added Bethesda to Courses so people can now purchase
  • Fixed Two Balls on Tee
  • Fixed Could not navigate leaderboard with Controller
  • Various Chat fixes
  • Fixed Skins / Stroke Scramble Scoring
  • Added Ctrl T to Toggle Tee Move
  • Removed Tournament Rounds From Lobby

Game: Jack Nicklaus Perfect GolfReader Score: Vote Now
Platform: Mac / PCVotes for game: 0 - View All
Member Comments
# 101 OnlookerDelay @ 05/28/16 08:23 AM
I haven't had a chance to see the entire broadcast, but was it indeed confirmed somewhere in it that the NVIDIA Shield version was due out in two to three months?

BTW, I tried watching this live, but it was a slide show on my end. The chat was coming across in good shape and in real time. I kept having to hit "refresh" to unfreeze the video and wound up just bailing out about 1/3 of the way in. I liked what I was able to see and hear though and I think it will help personalize the game a bit. I hope to see more of these in the future!

# 102 bluengold34_OS @ 05/28/16 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
I haven't had a chance to see the entire broadcast, but was it indeed confirmed somewhere in it that the NVIDIA Shield version was due out in two to three months?

BTW, I tried watching this live, but it was a slide show on my end. The chat was coming across in good shape and in real time. I kept having to hit "refresh" to unfreeze the video and wound up just bailing out about 1/3 of the way in. I liked what I was able to see and hear though and I think it will help personalize the game a bit. I hope to see more of these in the future!

That's odd as that's the first time I heard of this issue. The archive is up and ready for viewing if that helps, and we plan on doing these at least a couple of time a month.

# 103 TheBleedingRed21 @ 05/28/16 10:39 AM
Question:

If you have this game, download courses NOW and then updates come out and you chose not to pay for them, do we lose ability to play those courses we downloaded prior to DLC? Or just future courses?

The way steam notes read, we lose ability to play any user courses once DLC is released and we do not update.

# 104 bluengold34_OS @ 05/28/16 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Question:

If you have this game, download courses NOW and then updates come out and you chose not to pay for them, do we lose ability to play those courses we downloaded prior to DLC? Or just future courses?

The way steam notes read, we lose ability to play any user courses once DLC is released and we do not update.
I believe we are going to release a final statement on this soon. Trust me when we say the goal is just to make the game sustainable for the foreseeable future, not to grab as much cash as we possibly can from the community, and cut and run.

# 105 OnlookerDelay @ 05/28/16 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
That's odd as that's the first time I heard of this issue. The archive is up and ready for viewing if that helps, and we plan on doing these at least a couple of time a month.
It was likely an isolated case. While I was trying to watch it live, only one other person involved in the chat said they were having issues similar to mine.

# 106 TheBleedingRed21 @ 05/28/16 02:18 PM
Quote:
I believe we are going to release a final statement on this soon. Trust me when we say the goal is just to make the game sustainable for the foreseeable future, not to grab as much cash as we possibly can from the community, and cut and run.
I see. Here's my viewpoint if it matters; users who bought the game might enjoy it enough to play it but not want the new features, I'd hate to see y'all get a bad reputation by telling these players they all of a sudden cannot play the full game (user courses being part of the full game)

I'd see less backlash with how golf club does, you can't play the DLC courses but can play any that were avaliable before then.

Soon as funds allow, I hope to get the game and enjoy it, but I'm am cautious about the DLC approach.

# 107 poster @ 05/29/16 08:35 AM
bluengold34_OS, can you say anything about the timeline for getting the career mode implemented? I read Andrew's comments, stating that it was coming, but assuming it will be another year or so before we have it?

I'm hoping they really build a good career mode that hopefully brings in more players and revenue to help development. I know the core group that plays this game at the moment is playing online, but as you see in all of the main game forums here at OS, the offline single player career threads are usually up there as the most active.

It's a bit of a selfish want, but there is great potential with all of the great real courses being developed by the dev team and the mix of real/fantasy courses by the great course creators. Golf game career modes have usually lacked, but they can really get out in front and create something great. I really hope they can do it.

# 108 scagwi @ 05/29/16 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
bluengold34_OS, can you say anything about the timeline for getting the career mode implemented? I read Andrew's comments, stating that it was coming, but assuming it will be another year or so before we have it?

I'm hoping they really build a good career mode that hopefully brings in more players and revenue to help development. I know the core group that plays this game at the moment is playing online, but as you see in all of the main game forums here at OS, the offline single player career threads are usually up there as the most active.

It's a bit of a selfish want, but there is great potential with all of the great real courses being developed by the dev team and the mix of real/fantasy courses by the great course creators. Golf game career modes have usually lacked, but they can really get out in front and create something great. I really hope they can do it.

It had better not be another full year before career mode!
The fan base will dry up if the progress is truly that slow

# 109 bluengold34_OS @ 05/29/16 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poster

The hope is to have it out by the end of the year. The goal right now is to get the Shield version out, the console versions out, followed by the career mode - we are close to releasing the Shield version, and release on the Xbox is imminent, and the partnership with Sony is being worked on right now.

The career mode infrastructure is already there, and the plans for it are simply amazing, I just can't disclose them yet.

Make sure to follow us here and our SMedia sites and we try to be pretty transparent with what we are doing.[emoji106]

# 110 RIFRIG @ 05/29/16 03:20 PM
Quote:
The hope is to have it out by the end of the year. The goal right now is to get the Shield version out, the console versions out, followed by the career mode - we are close to releasing the Shield version, and release on the Xbox is imminent, and the partnership with Sony is being worked on right now.

The career mode infrastructure is already there, and the plans for it are simply amazing, I just can't disclose them yet.

Make sure to follow us here and our SMedia sites and we try to be pretty transparent with what we are doing.[emoji106]

Regarding career modes I would really like to see a developer build online tournaments into a season schedule.
AI tournies are ok but to be able to compete against a live leaderboard or players would be something special.

# 111 OnlookerDelay @ 05/29/16 05:59 PM
Quote:
we are close to releasing the Shield version, and release on the Xbox is imminent[emoji106]
I had a pretty good idea the Shield version was pretty close because I remember reading a post last October from Andrew, saying that "NVIDIA was leading the Shield effort". I took that to mean that they were already at work on it?

What really surprises me in what you've said above is that the XBox One release is "imminent"... that sounds a little bit sooner than the October-ish time frame I had thought it might be!

# 112 bluengold34_OS @ 05/29/16 06:31 PM
Quote:
I had a pretty good idea the Shield version was pretty close because I remember reading a post last October from Andrew, saying that "NVIDIA was leading the Shield effort". I took that to mean that they were already at work on it?

What really surprises me in what you've said above is that the XBox One release is "imminent"... that sounds a little bit sooner than the October-ish time frame I had thought it might be!
LOL - Well the word 'Imminent" wasn't referring to the thought that it would be out in the next 3-4 weeks, just that the process is much more defined and further along then where we are at with the PS4.

# 113 OnlookerDelay @ 05/29/16 08:13 PM
Quote:
LOL - Well the word 'Imminent" wasn't referring to the thought that it would be out in the next 3-4 weeks, just that the process is much more defined and further along then where we are at with the PS4.
Okay, I'll go ahead and pencil the XBox One version of JNPG back into my October budget

# 114 poster @ 05/31/16 09:46 AM
Quote:

That's awesome, excited to hear this. I do read the JNPG forums regularly, so I will be on the lookout for news once it is ready to be released.

# 115 OnlookerDelay @ 06/02/16 11:33 AM
I just bought the Muirfield Village course a couple of hours ago and played the front 9. Don't let the bleached out video the Perfect Parallel has up on their facebook page fool you; the course looks much more natural and lush than what you see in that video. I think they would do themselves a service to take it down.

I had made up my mind I wasn't going to buy the course based on that video, but I saw a Vimeo video that looked more like it and read a report from DivotMaker saying the Facebook video didn't look like the course he was playing. I'm glad I did... it plays great and has very uniform and smooth frame rates. I think it's a bit pricey at $7, but who knows, they might cut it to $5 like they did after two days with Bethesda.

# 116 AnDan @ 06/02/16 01:13 PM
This is interesting...!

# 117 OnlookerDelay @ 06/02/16 01:32 PM
I just played my first round in the Memorial RTS tournament at OnlineGolfTours an Muirfield Village... any doubts I had about parting with 7 smackers has now been erased. I had an eagle and five birdies, yet still only shot -3. This course will sneak up and spank you... I like it!

# 118 bluengold34_OS @ 06/06/16 10:04 AM
Quote:
I just played my first round in the Memorial RTS tournament at OnlineGolfTours an Muirfield Village... any doubts I had about parting with 7 smackers has now been erased. I had an eagle and five birdies, yet still only shot -3. This course will sneak up and spank you... I like it!
I felt lucky to shoot a -7 combined for the OGT tourney. Such a demanding course that requires full knowledge of the fairways, the green slopes, and what's in your bag.

# 119 DivotMaker @ 06/06/16 10:23 AM
Quote:
I felt lucky to shoot a -7 combined for the OGT tourney. Such a demanding course that requires full knowledge of the fairways, the green slopes, and what's in your bag.
Managed -11 for 4 rounds on RTS TOUR Pro. Had over 20 birdies and 4-5 eagles, but those subtle nuances of the course kept lulling me to sleep and a bogey or double would bite me at the most inopportune time.

Going to play the JNPG PGA TOUR rounds today and tomorrow.....hoping to stay focused and really take what the course gives me and not try to take what isn't there.....that is the key with Muirfield....easily my favorite course in JNPG to date....

# 120 OnlookerDelay @ 06/06/16 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
Managed -11 for 4 rounds on RTS TOUR Pro. Had over 20 birdies and 4-5 eagles, but those subtle nuances of the course kept lulling me to sleep and a bogey or double would bite me at the most inopportune time.

Going to play the JNPG PGA TOUR rounds today and tomorrow.....hoping to stay focused and really take what the course gives me and not try to take what isn't there.....that is the key with Muirfield....easily my favorite course in JNPG to date....
-11 in RTS Tour Pro is outstanding! I wound up -4 for the tournament in Amateur difficulty. I 4-putted the 72nd hole from 6 feet for a double bogey... it was a very sour way to close it out, but that's golf!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.