Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

Madden NFL 17 will feature a renewed focus on Franchise mode, all-new ball carrier feedback cues, defender fake out mechanics and an innovative, authentic defensive AI system.

As seen on the Xbox site, Rob Gronkowski appears to be the cover athlete, however that might be a placeholder. The first screenshots revealed are with him, Antonio Brown and Von Miller. Could we see all 3 on the cover or multiple covers? We will know for sure today at 6:00 PM ET on SportsCenter.

Quote:
Take your team all the way in Madden NFL 17 with a renewed focus on Franchise mode, putting you at the center of your team’s Championship run. Arm your team for gridiron glory on both sides of the ball with the most balanced gameplay to date, featuring all-new ball carrier feedback cues, defender fake out mechanics and an innovative, authentic defensive AI system. Madden NFL 17 is the most complete Madden … ever.

Below are some more details on the various Madden NFL 17 bundles:

Madden NFL 17 Standard Edition ($59.99)
Pre-order your copy today and receive a 1 month EA Access Trial as well as bonus content including nine Madden NFL Ranked tickets and up to seven Madden NFL Ultimate Team Pro Packs.*

Madden NFL 17 Deluxe Edition ($79.99)
Pre-order the Madden NFL 17 Deluxe Edition today and receive a one month EA Access trial as well as additional value including 30 Madden NFL Ranked tickets and up to 10 Madden NFL Ultimate Team All Pro Packs.*

Madden NFL 17 Super Deluxe Edition ($99.99)
Pre-order the Madden NFL 17 Super Deluxe Edition today and receive a one month EA Access trial as well as additional value including 30 Madden NFL Ranked tickets and up to 30 Madden NFL Ultimate Team All Pro Packs.*

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 CM Hooe @ 05/12/16 01:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
an innovative, authentic defensive AI system.
Hmm. Color me intrigued.

# 2 Steve_OS @ 05/12/16 01:57 AM
Just added a couple of screenshots.

# 3 Blues61 @ 05/12/16 02:29 AM
Looks like equipment finally got addressed in those screens. That alone has me excited.

# 4 PVarck31 @ 05/12/16 02:29 AM
Speaking of color, the colors really pop. And are those new gloves?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 5 reverend_heat @ 05/12/16 02:31 AM
well, graphics/accuracy/equipment/player authenticity wise AB still doesn't have the mid-forearm band where it should be or the mouthguard. nitpicking yes, disappointed yes.

# 6 msdm27 @ 05/12/16 02:46 AM
Really hope it's not just gloves,and possibly cleats (Nike only) they added... One arm sleeves and sweatbands in different positions are sorely needed.

But to focus on the screens... Colors pop out a lot, and the new gloves are cool... Also might indicate that we're finally getting the team colored equipment if we go by Von's gloves (worth nothing that this was promised back on M12 for cleats and it was never delivered sooooo...)

EDIT: After re-reading, my biggest takeaway is "Franchise Mode".... Maybe they're scrapping CFM and going back to the glory days mode of M07???? One can only hope

# 7 ginix @ 05/12/16 03:30 AM
Yep, definitely looks like new gloves in those screenshots.

Really not a fan of those 'ball carrier feedback cues' though. Sounds like another QTE thing just like the different catch options. However, if we can disable it it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

# 8 dsk1317 @ 05/12/16 03:45 AM
Arm your team for gridiron glory on both sides of the ball with the most balanced gameplay to date, featuring all-new ball carrier feedback cues, defender fake out mechanics and Arm your team for gridiron glory on both sides of the ball with the most balanced gameplay to date, featuring all-new ball carrier feedback cues, defender fake out mechanics and an innovative, authentic defensive AI system.

"The most balanced game play to date," and "innovative, authentic defensive AI system," are the 2 major things that have been missing in the Madden franchise. I just hope these improvements are not patched right out of the game.

# 9 brza37 @ 05/12/16 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginix
Really not a fan of those 'ball carrier feedback cues' though. Sounds like another QTE thing just like the different catch options. However, if we can disable it it shouldn't be too much of an issue.
Yeah, 'ball carrier feedback cues' sounds horrible. Not like the game doesn't seem arcadey enough with the catch cues, jump snap cues, pass rush cues and XP pop-ups now they go and add some more. Hopefully they give us the option to turn each one on/off individually. And the options can be set universally in online franchises so all teams play with the same cues.

# 10 sir psycho @ 05/12/16 05:13 AM
Renewed focus on franchise and authentic defensive AI have me thoroughly excited.

# 11 DeuceDouglas @ 05/12/16 05:14 AM
I posted this in the other thread a couple days ago but I don't if anybody saw it but it seems more relevant now. I figured it was just a place holder because it's the exact same cover they had last year for when it was Gronk vs. OBJ and I didn't believe they'd actually go with it.

# 12 DeuceDouglas @ 05/12/16 05:47 AM
Quote:
Take your team all the way in Madden NFL 17 with a renewed focus on Franchise mode, putting you at the center of your team’s Championship run. Arm your team on both sides of the ball with all-new ball carrier feedback cues, defender fake out mechanics and an innovative, authentic defensive AI system. Madden NFL 17 is the most complete Madden…ever.
I'm not sure what to think of this yet. It almost reads like they're trying to pawn off gameplay improvements as franchise improvements but I can't help but like that franchise is the first thing mentioned.

Ball carrier feedback cues sounds horrible on the surface especially with new fake out mechanics. I'm not really sure what to expect there but I'll be happy if it comes with better overall player movement and eliminates the ability to do crap like this:

Defensive AI sounds interesting but it's nothing we haven't heard before. By far what I'm most interested to see though. Anything that can make defenders unique and independent of each other as well as looking smart I'm all for.

As for the screenshots like someone else said it might be nitpicking but equipment is definitely not "on point." New gloves is all I see and they probably added new cleats. No mouthpiece for AB. Von Miller doesn't have the Speedflex. Gronk's facemask is still the wrong proportions. The lighting does look good and the Steelers jersey seems more black than grey and they definitely look good but the equipment seems like a big bummer just based on these two shots, hopefully I'm wrong.

# 13 bloobloouk @ 05/12/16 06:15 AM
This is all sounds like good stuff, but I think we'll have to wait until we get to the deep dive releases before we hear our wishlist stuff being announced. As much as we are all interested in a full draft board, deeper contract negotiations, a waiver wire, and formation subs, they're not "back of the box" features that are going to help sell the game.

I'm expecting that we will see the "jazzy" stuff first. We just have to sit tight and accept that just because our pet projects don't appear in the first couple of reveals, it doesn't mean that there haven't been changes.

# 14 JerrodSwanson @ 05/12/16 06:41 AM
I don't think gronk on cover according to video on YouTube had von Miller Antonio brown nobody else

# 15 Rams_3 @ 05/12/16 06:43 AM
Are those new gloves? FINALLY new equipment and i hope it doesn't end there. We want new team colors cleats,gloves,mouthguards and one arm sleeves. I almost forgot braces on knees and facemasks too. I hope special teams got some love as well.

# 16 RyanLaFalce @ 05/12/16 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerrodSwanson
I don't think gronk on cover according to video on YouTube had von Miller Antonio brown nobody else

The video by QJBleh was to be continued

# 17 Rams_3 @ 05/12/16 07:06 AM
I read that they're supposed to be hiring a new gameplay animator. So hopefully we get better animations. FINGERS CROSSED.

# 18 PhillyPhanatic14 @ 05/12/16 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues61
Looks like equipment finally got addressed in those screens. That alone has me excited.
YES! First thing I saw.

# 19 4thQtrStre5S @ 05/12/16 07:48 AM
Hope Gronk on the cover, if it is true, isn't an indication that we are gonna be blown away on defense by TE seam, shallow crossing and drag routes again.

I notice in the pics that the eyes are looking in directions that seem realistic; Gronk is looking at where he is going to be spiking the ball, and Brown, after the stiff arm, appears to be looking at the next threat in his path. Not sure if M16 does this or not.

# 20 oilersfanatic @ 05/12/16 07:57 AM
Hope we don't see half the league averaging 40 PPG in franchise this year

« Previous12345678910Next »

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.