Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

Madden NFL 17 will feature a renewed focus on Franchise mode, all-new ball carrier feedback cues, defender fake out mechanics and an innovative, authentic defensive AI system.

As seen on the Xbox site, Rob Gronkowski appears to be the cover athlete, however that might be a placeholder. The first screenshots revealed are with him, Antonio Brown and Von Miller. Could we see all 3 on the cover or multiple covers? We will know for sure today at 6:00 PM ET on SportsCenter.

Quote:
Take your team all the way in Madden NFL 17 with a renewed focus on Franchise mode, putting you at the center of your team’s Championship run. Arm your team for gridiron glory on both sides of the ball with the most balanced gameplay to date, featuring all-new ball carrier feedback cues, defender fake out mechanics and an innovative, authentic defensive AI system. Madden NFL 17 is the most complete Madden … ever.

Below are some more details on the various Madden NFL 17 bundles:

Madden NFL 17 Standard Edition ($59.99)
Pre-order your copy today and receive a 1 month EA Access Trial as well as bonus content including nine Madden NFL Ranked tickets and up to seven Madden NFL Ultimate Team Pro Packs.*

Madden NFL 17 Deluxe Edition ($79.99)
Pre-order the Madden NFL 17 Deluxe Edition today and receive a one month EA Access trial as well as additional value including 30 Madden NFL Ranked tickets and up to 10 Madden NFL Ultimate Team All Pro Packs.*

Madden NFL 17 Super Deluxe Edition ($99.99)
Pre-order the Madden NFL 17 Super Deluxe Edition today and receive a one month EA Access trial as well as additional value including 30 Madden NFL Ranked tickets and up to 30 Madden NFL Ultimate Team All Pro Packs.*

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 41 cthurt @ 05/12/16 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
And please let there be more camera angle options, or something of the sort. Something between standard and wide maybe. Plus more options for camera angles on defense; I would like to have camera angels on defense that give the same perspective as on offense...So a standard, wide view, for example, on top of the player lock.

To piggy back off of this I would like more broadcast camera views the current one isn't the best for gaming would love to have the type of camera options that Fifa has in madden would be amazing.

# 42 jmurphy31 @ 05/12/16 09:47 AM
Quote:
"ball carrier feedback cues."

Seems a little confusing; a Cue is something given prior to an action, while Feedback is something given after an action.

I only hope, that if cues and feedback are required, the defense must be more intelligent; defensive fundamentals, especially in the areas of DL mechanics and pursuit lanes.
Maybe its like the catch icon (agressive, possession, etc)...now the icon pops up to so you can choose, spin, juke, lower shoulder, etc

# 43 cthurt @ 05/12/16 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I am thinking this trailer tonight needs a "wow" factor response like the other sports game trailers reactions.

I agree Roadman, if it can give me the same feeling the NBA2k trailers do where I literally watch it 10 times back to back that would be great, but I hear its going to be short so I don't know.

# 44 howboutdat @ 05/12/16 09:51 AM
Quote:
And please let there be more camera angle options, or something of the sort. Something between standard and wide maybe. Plus more options for camera angles on defense; I would like to have camera angels on defense that give the same perspective as on offense...So a standard, wide view, for example, on top of the player lock.
The Defensive camera is like playing offense on defense. I have used it since madden 15. While i would like a slight change to it, alittle more shoulder height for defender and just behind him, ill take this for now.

It is not as hard as people think it is, its more a mind over matter. If you practice with it a bit , you get the hang of it, and i wont go back to the normal view on defense.

But i agree a few more options on cameras would be nice. Personally i want the madden 10 co-op camera back, but with a button to allow you to look around your player with the left stick .That camera view made you feel like you were actually on the field, and thats what im all about.

# 45 azdawgpound @ 05/12/16 09:52 AM
I hope some things they fixed in franchise are depth charts, and pre season I want it be like in NFL the cmp should be programmed to where back ups and 3rd and 4th stringers come in.

Also if we sim pre season and we choose for cmp not cut players it should stay locked into that hate get to start of season and seeing that cmp cut players and then removed them completely from game.

I think the move thing when defender will be like the catch they added in last yr the button icon will prob pop up to show juke, stiff arm etc and u hit the button.

The pre order thing says u get a free month of EA access??? So is Sony getting in on EA access ?? Or do ps4 owners just get MUT cards?.

# 46 4thQtrStre5S @ 05/12/16 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
Maybe its like the catch icon (agressive, possession, etc)...now the icon pops up to so you can choose, spin, juke, lower shoulder, etc
I believe you could be spot on..Makes sense considering the receiver system in M16.

Though, if they are going to do that for offense, then it is only fair to do it on defense; though, I have to admit, defensive assist has saved me many times. Sometimes things look farther away or closer than they really are, especially with various angles; some cues just help to compensate for what is lost between reality and virtual reality seems reasonable.

# 47 cthurt @ 05/12/16 09:59 AM
I'm the type of gamer that hates any kind of visual aid on the screen while I am playing, I always want the game esp. sports games to not feel like I am playing a video game as crazy as that sounds lol, but visual aids always remind me that yea this is a video game and less of a simulation of what I see on the field in real life.

So with these new additions all I need is the option to turn it off and I will be happy.

# 48 brandon27 @ 05/12/16 10:00 AM
Really, really hope Franchise becomes more and more like the old Head Coach series was.

I want full rosters, practice squads, an in depth calendar, better scouting etc. The plan was always to implement more of HC into CFM, but it's just never happened, and that idea has likely been scrapped now as this is a new dev team IIRC. But, franchise mode now, is really lacking compared to other titles. Bring more to the table.

# 49 OhMrHanky @ 05/12/16 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGamer94
Hopefully the defender fake out mechanic means jukes actually work this year, it was annoying so many people used the spin move for their primary juke move, and hopefully the stiff arm actually works this year.

The defensive AI system sounds good but will have to wait and see how it actually works in game-play. Best way to test this is run 4-Streaks four times in a row against the cpu.

The things I really want like rebuilt line-play, ball physics, realistic player movement, untethered animations, does not seem to be a focus this year, but hopefully they were worked on but just not back of box material. Also I notice other sports games like to mention how many new animations they've added each year, I can't remember the last time Madden did that.

Lol. I been waiting for the stiff arm to work in madden for TWENTY YEARS!!! Lol. Or, whenever they first implemented it. Of course, it shouldn't work every time, but legit, if I like stiff arming fools and I spend my xp on stiff arm, my 95 stiff arm RB should absolutely lay out a 5'10 190 lb CB. U know? Lol. U ever play NFL game day back in the day? Now, THAT was a stiff arm! I remember the sound effect, 'jeBOW!!' Lol. That was a little arcadey, of course, and I don't want that, either, but it was so rewarding to set your RB up at the right angle on an incoming defender and 'jeBOW!!' In madden, it has ALWAYS felt like the stiff arm starts to trigger the animation, and then u still get tackled. U rarely actually break the tackle. So, I'm def curious as to how well this is implemented, as I used to be a big fan of running the ball, but when jukes and stiff arms and trucks never work, it just feels so empty.

# 50 OhMrHanky @ 05/12/16 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
I'm the type of gamer that hates any kind of visual aid on the screen while I am playing, I always want the game esp. sports games to not feel like I am playing a video game as crazy as that sounds lol, but visual aids always remind me that yea this is a video game and less of a simulation of what I see on the field in real life.

So with these new additions all I need is the option to turn it off and I will be happy.

Yeah. I agree completely. I turned off as much of the visual cues as possible in 16, and if feels way less like a 'video game' for me as well. I think they will have options to turn this on/off as they did with catch cues in 16. THEY BETTER!!! Lol

# 51 aholbert32 @ 05/12/16 10:08 AM
I hope the reference to Franchise mode means CFM is gone and things like formation subs and total editing control of a franchise returns.

# 52 adub88 @ 05/12/16 10:14 AM
all-new ball carrier feedback cues"....Hmmm. I hope that's accompanied by new, more fluid running animations. That, along with animation quality have been my biggest pet peeve with the game for the longest. Considering where we are with gaming tech, I expect to see better with Madden '17

# 53 jfsolo @ 05/12/16 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I hope the reference to Franchise mode means CFM is gone and things like formation subs and total editing control of a franchise returns.
I have the feeling that it may not be gone, per se, but I do agree that referring to it just as "Franchise mode" in various marketing situations could signal a shift back to the functionality that most of the long time players of the mode greatly desire.

# 54 boxboy99 @ 05/12/16 10:20 AM
Funny they are using Gronk even if it is a placeholder since he said Madden is boring.

# 55 jmurphy31 @ 05/12/16 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
They actually refer to it as Franchise mode in the menu last year, but i agree i would like to have formation subs back in the game..

# 56 SIR924 @ 05/12/16 10:41 AM
I normally don't nic pic much, but I notice the side line characters are looking in the opposite direction in the Pitt and Broncos screen shot. Little things like this just takes away realistic look of the environment.

# 57 azdawgpound @ 05/12/16 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Lol. I been waiting for the stiff arm to work in madden for TWENTY YEARS!!! Lol. Or, whenever they first implemented it. Of course, it shouldn't work every time, but legit, if I like stiff arming fools and I spend my xp on stiff arm, my 95 stiff arm RB should absolutely lay out a 5'10 190 lb CB. U know? Lol. U ever play NFL game day back in the day? Now, THAT was a stiff arm! I remember the sound effect, 'jeBOW!!' Lol. That was a little arcadey, of course, and I don't want that, either, but it was so rewarding to set your RB up at the right angle on an incoming defender and 'jeBOW!!' In madden, it has ALWAYS felt like the stiff arm starts to trigger the animation, and then u still get tackled. U rarely actually break the tackle. So, I'm def curious as to how well this is implemented, as I used to be a big fan of running the ball, but when jukes and stiff arms and trucks never work, it just feels so empty.

Actually the stiff arm worked really good a couple Madden backs I think in 12??? It just been past couple that EA said they toned it down.

But I agree they need to fix it now if u press or tap the stiff arm the player doesn't even extend their arms out.

# 58 SolidSquid @ 05/12/16 10:48 AM
I believe they went back to calling it franchise mode in madden 16 bc some people were confused and wanted franchise mode back in the game.

Ball carrier cues sounds like what they did with catch mechanics last year, thinking truck will get you more yards but more chance to fumble, and there will be a cnservative option where you go down easier but hold onto the ball.

Improved defensive AI, sign me up. Hopefully it's means better zone coverage and reaction along with true gap control duties.

I'll reserve judgment on equipment bc we've only seen 3 players so far but new gloves are cool, but where are the lip guards(AB and Von wear them), mid forearm bands, single arm sleeves, speedflex helmet(Von Miller wears). Hopefully we see more tonight

# 59 roadman @ 05/12/16 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIR924
I normally don't nic pic much, but I notice the side line characters are looking in the opposite direction in the Pitt and Broncos screen shot. Little things like this just takes away realistic look of the environment.
They look like sound guys to me with their equipment pointed towards the crowd noise?

Not sure.

# 60 roadman @ 05/12/16 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
I believe they went back to calling it franchise mode in madden 16 bc some people were confused and wanted franchise mode back in the game.

Ball carrier cues sounds like what they did with catch mechanics last year, thinking truck will get you more yards but more chance to fumble, and there will be a cnservative option where you go down easier but hold onto the ball.

Improved defensive AI, sign me up. Hopefully it's means better zone coverage and reaction along with true gap control duties.

I'll reserve judgment on equipment bc we've only seen 3 players so far but new gloves are cool, but where are the lip guards(AB and Von wear them), mid forearm bands, single arm sleeves, speedflex helmet(Von Miller wears). Hopefully we see more tonight
I forgot about the improved zone coverage's the AI needs. I know Rex quoted someone as got you covered on that request on Twitter.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.