Home
EA Sports UFC 2 News Post

EA Sports UFC 2 patch 1.06 and content update #3 is available now for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One fans, weighing in at just over 1 GB. The update adds 3 new fighters, Cris Cyborg (Women's Bantamweight), Valentina Shevchenko (Women's Bantamweight) and Albert Tumenov (Welterweight).

Below are the gameplay updates in patch 1.06.
  • Added a third transition for submissive fighter in Back Sitting.
  • Block will not come back up automatically after a missed parry, or a timed out parry.
  • Liver Health Event allows high or low blocking.
  • Addressed issue where spamming transition fakes on the ground would regain stamina.
  • Addressed double stamina tax when opponent sprawls on user's takedown.
  • Addressed an issue where takedown denial stamina penalty was being applied when the user is struck out of a takedown.
  • General AI Improvements.
  • General Referee Improvements.

EA Sports UFC 2 screenshot gallery - Click to view EA Sports UFC 2 screenshot gallery - Click to view EA Sports UFC 2 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: EA Sports UFC 2Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
EA Sports UFC 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 241 Bigg Cee @ 05/13/16 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler569
they really need some sort of 'lunging hook' so you can gain some ground while going for the strike. Right now one of the only ways to gain ground with a punch = body punches...which is...not very realistic lol

I want that Joe Frazier Leaping Left Hook (I know that's boxing, but hopefully you know what I mean)

I always try to Dash foward when I hook or throw anything but it does not work to well and ppl always counter with rapid punches to the body.

# 242 fballturkey @ 05/13/16 07:23 PM
One observation that isn't new to the patch but I didn't know what thread it'd fit in better and I didn't think it was worthy of its own.

As someone who has played quite a bit of online and a good bit of offline it's striking how different the AI handles the ground game as opposed to a human opponent. The AI isn't necessarily worse; it focuses on denying transitions and slowly getting into a good position and striking to build GA. Him opponents tend to attempt transitions far more often and you end up with way more 'transition races' as you try to compete yours before they can complete theirs. I think the AI 'knows' (which a human thinking fast enough could, in theory, figure out) when a transition is hopeless compared to what you are doing and either goes for the block or doesn't do anything.

Again, not saying one is worse than the other or harder to play against, it's just very noticeable how different they are.

# 243 Bigg Cee @ 05/13/16 10:54 PM
I know there's some ppl who hate this idea, but just make the AI on pro so hard and almost impossible to beat. I know, I know... but I rather have it dead hard, then to have nothing but easy wins for every fight.

If I want to win easy I play on easy. Give the pro difficulty some meat and make the AI just dead tough and I know I will be playing more and trying to beat a OP computer AI then to just watch it not get played by me right now.

Just my thoughts ppl...

# 244 SwedishTouch76 @ 05/13/16 10:58 PM
Agreed. If you play Mlb the Show on Legend difficulty ( the hardest) it's insanely unforgiving. How it should be....

# 245 aholbert32 @ 05/13/16 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
I know there's some ppl who hate this idea, but just make the AI on pro so hard and almost impossible to beat. I know, I know... but I rather have it dead hard, then to have nothing but easy wins for every fight.

If I want to win easy I play on easy. Give the pro difficulty some meat and make the AI just dead tough and I know I will be playing more and trying to beat a OP computer AI then to just watch it not get played by me right now.

Just my thoughts ppl...
I think thats what Skynet is going to eventually do. Some of the changes in the next patch should get it close to that.

I was telling him that what I think what people want is the diffculty of pro in UFC 1 without the constant parrying. If the AI uses its defensive high block more, I think it will be pretty tough.

# 246 Hayden @ 05/14/16 02:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I think thats what Skynet is going to eventually do. Some of the changes in the next patch should get it close to that.

I was telling him that what I think what people want is the diffculty of pro in UFC 1 without the constant parrying. If the AI uses its defensive high block more, I think it will be pretty tough.
I traded the game in towards Uncharted 4 already, but if Skynett finally makes the A.I overpowered and near impossible to beat like in Undisputed 3 then I'll probably buy it again.

# 247 rob3563 @ 05/14/16 03:07 AM
I have had many fights now on pro difficulty which before patch 1.06 i thought was hopeless so i stuck with hard difficulty which was much better.
Now i wasn't sure at first but after extended gameplay i am changing my mind,i feel pro is way better than before and is my chosen difficulty.

I am not saying it cannot be improved more but the AI is defending itself more when you rock them and they stay out of reach more often,before i could finish the fights in less than a minute now i am having some awesome fights and couldn't finish my opponent no matter how hard i tried.

The women seem to go flat out and don't lose much stamina and when they do it comes back quickly.Tried Cyborg vs Amanda Nunes as cpu on pro and Nunes is a beast and beat me twice and i finally beat her the third time but it was hard. Also fight against Sarah McMann on pro and she is relentless with her takedowns and wrestling.

There has been many other matchups with the men and i am having great fights winning and losing nothing like before the patch,i can't see why other players cannot see the difference as i was one of the complainers myself before,the cpu is blocking and dodging more even if it can be increased further. Great job EA and with further patches i believe you will please a lot of us except the ones that are going to complain no matter what you do.

# 248 McEwan94 @ 05/14/16 08:13 AM
since i have lost 6000 thousand points on my ultimate team score and 13 titles aswell i came to understand this was due to deleteing fighters but since all this has happened I am no longer getting any team score at all?

# 249 SwedishTouch76 @ 05/14/16 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden
I traded the game in towards Uncharted 4 already, but if Skynett finally makes the A.I overpowered and near impossible to beat like in Undisputed 3 then I'll probably buy it again.
I'm debating doing the same. What did you get in trade?

# 250 tissues250 @ 05/14/16 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32

I think, AI stamina management is really biggest issue on the current state. AI feels the same as before unless they didn't fixed it, imo.

# 251 aholbert32 @ 05/14/16 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tissues250
I think, AI stamina management is really biggest issue on the current state. AI feels the same as before unless they didn't fixed it, imo.

There were no stamina fixes in the last patch. There are likely to be a few in the next patch.

# 252 Daddyballz @ 05/14/16 02:09 PM
Does anyone know how to enter the ufc 2 live competition?

# 253 Daddyballz @ 05/14/16 02:13 PM
Someone help what the hell is up with this live competition.

# 254 Daddyballz @ 05/14/16 02:17 PM
Does anyone know what's up with this fix 2 live event competition? How the f do i enter this ish. It says it's closed?

# 255 Bigg Cee @ 05/14/16 02:33 PM
I'm starting to think you are trolling.

It's open for me and I've been playing.

# 256 oshighwayman @ 05/15/16 05:51 AM
dear EA
thanks for the patch
but can u please make standup and related mechanics in fashion that it will actually looks like UFC fight, not mortal kombat, not killer instinct, tekken, street fighter etc, thank u
whole movement mechanics and striking doesn't really work for crazy people who will be running around for 5minutes not engaging, or just spamming clinch over and over again or other great thing

as for clinch I don't know where u got this idea, that one or two hands around neck will make two fighters freeze to ground, it looks horrible, it plays horrible, what is that ground game gone airborne, it s bad

can u also please fix ur netcode for online matches, laggers have advantage, there s delay for host, it make it impossible to deny, submit, parry etc

it somehow also made preemptive denials possible, I mean if I flick my controller for 0,2 sec to make fake transition and HUD will show it was denied.. that s just no possible

# 257 THA C0G FATHER @ 05/15/16 03:32 PM
Don't know why I expected anything else but as werdum 1 win 2 losses in live events its the biggest piece of crap ever

Plays nothing like how it was on release an in my eye they had no permission of mine to change what I'd purchased but having to be online to play games these days is an utter load of elephant jizz

Will just bully people in quick online till they inevitably quit
Happy,I think not fuk off

# 258 Bigg Cee @ 05/15/16 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by THA C0G FATHER
Don't know why I expected anything else but as werdum 1 win 2 losses in live events its the biggest piece of crap ever

Plays nothing like how it was on release an in my eye they had no permission of mine to change what I'd purchased but having to be online to play games these days is an utter load of elephant jizz

Will just bully people in quick online till they inevitably quit
Happy,I think not fuk off

# 259 SUGATA @ 05/15/16 05:09 PM
Please tell me WHY Mistimed High parry cancel Block auto activation, but Low parry does not?
Again i dont think this cancel needed, Parry becomes nearly useless in this game = high risk/low reward.
So why we need them then?

# 260 SUGATA @ 05/15/16 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler_1873
Parrying is the most effective counterstriking tool in the game. Still far stronger than a slip or lunge counter.

Just because it has a bigger penalty for making a mistake doesn't make it useless.
Why do you think this is the most effective?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.