Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

Madden NFL 17 address all three phases of the game on offense, defense, and special teams.

Quote:
Let's start with offense and the new Ball Carrier Controls. We’ve added a tiered system to the types of special moves different players are able to pull off – depending on their attributes, ratings and speed. So now, expect your bigger bruising backs to be more effective with truck moves and stiff arms, while smaller, shiftier backs have more effective jukes and spins. Now don't worry if you’re not a magician yet on the sticks. New Ball Carrier UI Prompts help teach moves available to you, while the new Path Assist helps you navigate and anticipate down field. Additionally on lower skill levels, you can put the work on us and we will pick the appropriate moves for you, unlocking the fun for all of our players. Now, onto the defensive side of the ball.

While the new tools on offense make you a better, more creative ball carrier, the New Defensive AI System is built on up to date NFL Strategies – such as Gap Play, Force Defenders and improved Zone Coverages. It’s time to force your opponents to stop being so one dimensional. New Gap Play AI brings a new level of NFL authenticity and strategy to your defensive teammates. Each of your teammates has a gap assignment on run defense that puts them in position to better defend the run. Force defenders protect the outside of the field, pushing the ball carrier back inside allowing cut back defenders to make the big play. Finally Zone Coverage has been completely overhauled, with the addition of 8 new zone concepts never before seen in Madden. Defenders have more awareness of threats to each zone and can pattern match receivers, creating defensive counters to stop virtually every passing concept. It's our most realistic AI to date and it's across the entire field.

Special Teams, the 3rd phase of football, is where big games are often won and lost. For the first time years we’re bringing the excitement back to special teams. A New Kick Meter is designed to increase the challenge of the kicking game like we see in today’s NFL. Additionally, the ability to ice the kicker allows you to turn up the pressure on those late game winning field goal attempts. New trick plays and a new block kick mechanic add new elements to the risk and reward of Special Teams.

Some features...

GROUND GAME
All-New on Both Sides of The Ball - Experience the most balanced gameplay to date on offense making you a better, more creative ball carrier, while new defensive AI puts your teammates into position to stop the run or passing game.

FRANCHISE
Redesigned and Deeper Than Ever - Take your team all the way in the deepest Franchise mode to-date, putting you at the center of your team’s Championship run.

PRESENTATION
See It and Hear It to Believe It - Feel and experience the game from a new perspective - focused on you.

MADDEN 365
Never Miss a Beat - If it happens in the NFL, it happens in Madden. Experience fresh content daily for your football fix.

Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 41 bad_philanthropy @ 05/12/16 07:30 PM
Guy in the Madden 17 thread on neogaf claims to be a UI engineer on the game. responding to a comment on CFM bugs last year he says they haven't skimped on QA this year. Has spent most of his dev time on CFM—so he's still calling it CFM.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...1217910&page=2

# 42 sebennayx @ 05/12/16 07:33 PM
Quote:
...depending on their attributes, ratings and speed ... expect your bigger bruising backs to be more effective with truck moves and stiff arms, while smaller, shiftier backs have more effective jukes and spins.
Quote:
Gap Play
Quote:
Force Defenders
Quote:
[P]attern [M]atch[ing]
Quote:
Special Teams
In the past, features were implemented which made for great selling tools and cover items; since Rex and team have taken over, there has been an unprecedented amount of Football added to the series. With more yet to come for 2017, and still a lot to do to continue to improve, I can't express how happy I am with the direction taken, and I'm genuinely excited for the future of this franchise.

# 43 DeuceDouglas @ 05/12/16 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Guy in the Madden 17 thread on neogaf claims to be a UI engineer on the game. responding to a comment on CFM bugs last year he says they haven't skimped on QA this year. Has spent most of his dev time on CFM—so he's still calling it CFM.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...1217910&page=2
That's good to hear if it's true. How the drive goals issue got in last year when all it took was playing one game to figure out how big of a problem it caused wasn't a good look.

# 44 DeuceDouglas @ 05/12/16 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snc237
Well this kicking has need an overhaul for years now. Plus I have seen one block field goal in the last 5-6 year of madden. I don't want it to be easy to block fields goals and I want it to be rare but I would like to feel like there is a 1 percent chance I might get a block
I'm interested to see how this works. I know there was a bug a couple years ago where if the CPU kicked a field goal after a clock stoppage there was an extremely high chance it was going to be blocked. Hopefully this means we see blocks from lineman and not just off the edge as well. I'm interested to see if there's been many changes to the punting game as well and how this new meter works with that.

# 45 jfsolo @ 05/12/16 07:51 PM
If all the defensive additions work well then it makes complete sense that they would add things like Ball Carrier UI Prompts, and Path Assist to help new and casual players still be able to have success on offense.

Yeah, we've not seen all of what's being added, but I feel like the wants of our little corner of the universe got most of the love this year.

# 46 urlacher51 @ 05/12/16 08:03 PM
All the new stuff sounds great, but they didn't say anything about the offensive line and defensive line gameplay. At least not yet. If any changes were made.

# 47 sebennayx @ 05/12/16 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by urlacher51
All the new stuff sounds great, but they didn't say anything about the offensive line and defensive line gameplay. At least not yet. If any changes were made.
The way I see it, adding gap fits is the first step towards making line play more accurate and true to life

# 48 JOS1181 @ 05/12/16 08:08 PM
Sounds good but can the AI actually figure out what is going on? I mean you can force the defenders to mope around a certain gap but can they and the offensive line actually interact correctly? It isnt like Madden is the best when it comes to AI.

# 49 Fedor_52 @ 05/12/16 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
NFL Fever had something called read and lead passing. Instead of icons you used the RS to move a reticle where you wanted the ball to go and pushed RT to throw it
have to check that Game out, never heard of it before

Passing with the Right Stick sounds a bit confusing, i remember the old Pro Evolution Soccer Games on the PS2, they had manual passing on the right stick as well, so hard to execute

maybe they will try a new System in the future, something like A for normal pass, B for bullet pass, Y for lob... you aim with the left and the longer you hold the icon the further it goes

And keep the player stats involved, especially accuracy, or everyone will feel the same

# 50 roadman @ 05/12/16 08:17 PM
Pleasing to my ears:

A) No mention of MUT

B) No mention of DC

C) Presentation, personalized. Ok, I know Rex mentioned commentary was an area of weakness. I hope that is upgraded.

I do like what I'm hearing, I need to see things in motion.

# 51 Big Bankhead @ 05/12/16 08:23 PM
To see them market actual football mechanics, granted which should have already been there, rather than gimmicks is a great thing. Now all I need is to see it in action. I feel like progress is being made with this current development team and they're actually listening to people. My only gripe right now is the one armed sleeve not being a 1/2 or 3/4 sleeve like the players actually wear but a developer on Twitter said that they're working on it.

# 52 jpdavis82 @ 05/12/16 08:30 PM
Couple more tweets from Rex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 53 jpdavis82 @ 05/12/16 08:31 PM

# 54 ChristonKirby @ 05/12/16 08:38 PM
I'd honestly like to see the QB Vision cone make a return, or some sort of way to tell that your QB (along with the CPU's) is scanning the field.

# 55 jpdavis82 @ 05/12/16 08:39 PM
CFM ticker maybe?

# 56 MoneyOvaHuds @ 05/12/16 08:39 PM
5 THINGS IF YOU DIDNT KNOW

https://youtu.be/k__SurAX4NI

# 57 jpdavis82 @ 05/12/16 08:42 PM
Rex was on the sim standard show tonight, someone on Twitter said he mentioned zone blocking, I'll be interested to hear all that he said.

# 58 redsfan4life @ 05/12/16 08:47 PM
If there's anything I've learned with Madden over the years, it's that talk is cheap. Many times they have promised something and failed to deliver. So I think people would be wise to be in a SHOW ME mindset.

# 59 SolidSquid @ 05/12/16 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfan4life
If there's anything I've learned with Madden over the years, it's that talk is cheap. Many times they have promised something and failed to deliver. So I think people would be wise to be in a SHOW ME mindset.
I think a lot of us are in that mind set, hell I feel like we get "improved zone defense and zone logic" every 2 years or so and its never right.

# 60 therealsmallville @ 05/12/16 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
CFM ticker maybe?

If this is true, I just might buy something really nice for Rex lol I've wanted one of these for as long as I can remember.

Franchise blog is actually my favorite day of the year when it comes to Madden related stuff. Bar none, the day I look forward to most outside of launch day. Some years I'm happy with the blog, some years I'm not...so far, this *sounds* like it just might be a good year...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.