Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

Check out the latest Madden NFL 17 screenshot, featuring Adrian Peterson. You can see the Under Armour and Adidas cleats much better here. More equipment details are coming soon.

As Clint Oldenburg and Dustin Smith have noted on Twitter, the screenshots that are released on various outlets are a WIP and equipment will get updated before launch.

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 81 Cowboy008 @ 05/14/16 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Will we be able to set cpu uniforms and equipment in franchise?
This is one thing I hope makes it in. I can't stand having to take control over every coach just to edit some of the players equipment. Would be nice if we could edit every players equipment no matter what team they are on.

# 82 jstrick8 @ 05/14/16 01:41 AM
Quote:
Here's some more clarification on mouth guards and shooter sleeves from Equipment Guru

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol why don't they just take a year off and use a new engine? What's their issue with using the Frostbite engine? This last gen engine isn't working anymore.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

# 83 jpdavis82 @ 05/14/16 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstrick8
Lol why don't they just take a year off and use a new engine? What's their issue with using the Frostbite engine? This last gen engine isn't working anymore.

You can't say the engine doesn't work just because of sleeves and mouth guards come on now.

# 84 cthurt @ 05/14/16 07:45 AM
It sucks hearing things like due to the original system we can't do this or that, i rather here we are still working to figure out a solution, these tweets give me a deal with it feel and thats never good the game should always be progressing way to early to be hitting walls already even if its something as unimportant and simple as mouthpieces and arm sleeves.

Also what other things that could possibly be more important then arm sleeves is the old system not allowing them to put into the game?

# 85 redsox4evur @ 05/14/16 08:11 AM
Quote:

Please tell me why the NFL and EA would take a huge loss of sales by not producing a game?

# 86 roadman @ 05/14/16 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
It sucks hearing things like due to the original system we can't do this or that, i rather here we are still working to figure out a solution, these tweets give me a deal with it feel and thats never good the game should always be progressing way to early to be hitting walls already even if its something as unimportant and simple as mouthpieces and arm sleeves.

Also what other things that could possibly be more important then arm sleeves is the old system not allowing them to put into the game?
There is probably a lot more work than just a whole year taking out the old code and putting in the new code for mouth guards.

My best guess.

At least they are letting us know they are aware it's an issue.

# 87 jb12780 @ 05/14/16 08:41 AM
Quote:

Lol, this will never happen.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

# 88 drlw322 @ 05/14/16 08:55 AM
Not really sure why they would be able to have this arm brace the last couple of years but not shooter sleeves it seems like it would be the same art just less lines and thinner

# 89 DeuceDouglas @ 05/14/16 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt

It does suck. Especially considering this has been a known hurdle for the last few years ever since RG3 has been in the game on last gen. I feel like the time they spent putting out M25 on next-gen would have been better spent cleaning a lot of this stuff up. But that was never going to happen so it is what it is and hopefully they'll figure this out all sooner than later even if equipment is small potatoes.

# 90 apollon42 @ 05/14/16 10:05 AM
I don't understand how "tech" and nothing ever works in Madden but the other two big sports games can always get everything in equipment wise. It just seems weird.

# 91 SolidSquid @ 05/14/16 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollon42
I don't understand how "tech" and nothing ever works in Madden but the other two big sports games can always get everything in equipment wise. It just seems weird.
Not all games are created equally

# 92 SolidSquid @ 05/14/16 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drlw322
Not really sure why they would be able to have this arm brace the last couple of years but not shooter sleeves it seems like it would be the same art just less lines and thinner
They also have an "arm wrap" which zero players wear in real life, I thought it would be easy to just make it look like a shooter sleeve instead guess not. It's so weird how they say one thing but already have similar things in the game.

# 93 drlw322 @ 05/14/16 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
They also have an "arm wrap" which zero players wear in real life, I thought it would be easy to just make it look like a shooter sleeve instead guess not. It's so weird how they say one thing but already have similar things in the game.

Maybe they are working to get it in. That's why they haven't addressed it in social media like they did with the mouth guard

# 94 SageInfinite @ 05/14/16 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I don't think they are man. I'm starting to think they don't want to have them because of the facial animations they look to show off.
I called it. I knew it had something to do with it...

# 95 SolidSquid @ 05/14/16 01:21 PM
Quote:
Maybe they are working to get it in. That's why they haven't addressed it in social media like they did with the mouth guard
Could very well be but I'm not gonna hold out hope. In the grand scheme of things I can't be upset bc of the things they have worked on gameplay wise. It's just frustrating that as time has went on and consoles have gotten more powerful madden is still limited bc of bad code.

# 96 jgreengutta @ 05/14/16 09:46 PM
Quote:
Trust me... If they really wanted to add shooter sleeves they could... But let's see if it will be added before launch

# 97 TheBleedingRed21 @ 05/14/16 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollon42
As Kane mentioned literally a page or two ago, madden has more equipment to input, more of a crowd, more players, etc. Memory becomes an issue.

You guys act like they do it just to piss you off.

# 98 jpdavis82 @ 05/15/16 08:32 PM
Here's some news on equipment for cfm

# 99 Cowboy008 @ 05/15/16 11:01 PM
Quote:
Here's some news on equipment for cfm

That's good news.

# 100 jpdavis82 @ 05/16/16 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
That's good news.

I was just thinking about this, could this be a hint at being able to edit players in CFM this year? He said all the equipment can be used in CFM not that all of it was in CFM, to me that could be a hint in the way he worded it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.